Qatar Airways

Qatar Airways Employee Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom20 reviews

Found 20 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,267 reviews

Excellent 5 * Company

Excellent work Experience Very Challenging all the time Different cultures Always on the go. New Aircraft. Excellent customer service. Value for price Competitive

Pros

5* International Airline

Cons

Demanding & Fast paced

Greatful to get opportunity to work at qatar airways

Working for Qatar airways helped me gained immense knowledge on MNC work environment and opportunities to learn and grow. Qatar airways has a global reputation and positive feedback from all its employees when it comes to employee payroll and job security

Insights into Qatar Airways

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose

I would love to wotk again for Qatar airways

I would like to return to work for Qatar airways as I really enjoyed working with the staff as we all worked as a team and we also made the passengers feel very comfortable, special, welcoming, and give our passengers 110 per cent our customer service on there start of there travel until they arrive at there destination

Great company to work for

QATAR Airways is a great company to work for, it gives you a lot of opportunities to progress within the company and they provide you with development of your skills and knowledge in different areas by sending you to Doha for trainings. It's fun depending on the team you work for. On a daily basis you are liaising with Ground Handling Companies that do check in, boarding, ramp, cleaning and other activities for Qatar Airways. You have to make sure they follow our standards and they stay within their time which is agreed in SLA. Some people might not like you because you are too strict. You will understand that your goals and objectives as an airline are very different then the ground handling companies. In aviation there is pressure of OTP and the same applies to QR. There are KPIs that as a station you have to hit otherwise there will be pressure from senior management from Doha. Qatar airways is the best airline in the world. You have to understand that the expectations are very high and you want to make sure that you deliver the best service and experience to customers. The profile of our customers is very diverse you will find customers very difficult and customer who understand situations and are friendly. However above all number 1 priority for Qatar Airways is SAFETY.

Pros

Discounted travel for you and your family, Development, progression. Best airline in the world. Diversity

Cons

stressful. Management can be very hard if KPI targets are not achieved, Some staff from the Ground Handling company will be difficult to work with

Well paid but long hours

Ok for Asian people as that is where the customer comes from mostly. Management is strict. But I enjoyed it as I am disciplined and love to achieve. There is room promotion.

Working with Qatar airways

To work with Qatar airways as a cabin crew was a pleasant experience. You work in a good environment . You learn to work with a team from different nationalities in a good harmony.

Company after its own development at all cost

I learned so much but this company didn't teach me anything. I learned through stress and by overworking due to lack of staff for years. No recognition for my devotion to keep this place together. No support for the accumulated stress that came with the overload of work. Slavery in the UK

The fittest shall survive

Superb product and brand - and thereon in its all downhill Huge churn of senior management and coal face employees. The airline is run by the CEO; literally and decisions are made on a whim. Little or no job security with everyone in fear of the man and his totally unpredictable nature.

Draining and political

I thought working for an airline would be pretty cool and full of opportunities but working for qatar airways really put me in depression. people stuck in a role for 5+ years with no motivation and are hushed by HR and management to remain quiet. even though we have staff travel, it does not benefit me much because I do not travel much and when I compared prices to travel agencies / hotels, they had better package and lower prices. if you want experience then go for it but I suggest you only work here for 1 year MAX. Anything more than that will make you lose your mind, you will be forced to work out of hours and they will cut your overtime and try to monitor how you work. I started to think of leaving 3 months in to the job!

Pros

2 good colleagues

Cons

management, Hr, culture, draining and depressing environment, silly regulations

Inefficient management and completion of contract

I was part of a team that did the complete installation of all 1st and 2nd fix domestic, LTHW, CHW and drainage pipe systems in the new London Head office for Qatar Airways. The systems used involved copper, steel and HDPE pipe.

productive and fun workplace

good work timings very enthusiastic team supportive managers good benifits of salary get to learn a lot and continue education space to grow and execute talent

Pros

good work timings

Cons

no shops around

Great company

Good company to work for, training in doha, and great job culture and meeting people from all over the world. Management at manchester airport base can be hard to please depends if they favour you or not as it doesnt matter if you worked hard and gave it your everything they wont notice.

Pros

Discounted travel

Cons

Management unfair

Workplace

Everyday is different, you meet a vast amount of people from different back grounds. you learn new things all the time. you are not in one place all the time.

Pros

Every day is not the same

Cons

salary

Challenging

The job was very challenging. In this job role you were doing everything from prepping the flight work before the aircraft arrives, managing the flight whilst on the ground, then the post flight paperwork.We also had to manage passengers face to face.

Pros

Family working environment

Cons

pressure

Good place to work in..

Qatar Airways have grown a lot in the last couple of years, Lots of new changes took place for the betterment of company business. I was being fortunate to be a part of this growing airlines. Although I had a prior wok experience working for other Airlines, but I must confessed that I have learned a lot more in my tenure of 13 years working with Qatar Airways. Wishing great success.

Pros

Free Interline Tickets

Operating station outside of Airline Hub

Any role with this organisation will require the candidate to be flexible and assume any role or responsibility as required by the company, especially during periods of operation disruption.

Pros

Staff Travel

Cons

Progression Opportunities

Great personal Challenge

Working in the ME has its challenges as it is different to what I have known working most of my life in NA. I enjoyed the challenge and working with ex pats from all over the world Good working relationships were formed while building and strengthening our individual departments.

Pros

Tax Free Country

Cons

Love meeting people from all wlks of life.

Excellent if you love a fast customer service role and meeting new people :-) working to tight schedules, and atmosphere in the airport is good, early, late shifts.

Fun Loving

Pleasure working with Qatar Airways and learned a lot from it .

good

Qatar Airways is a leading traveling business company. You can trust this company anytime.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Qatar Airways. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Qatar Airways with

• Qatar Airways
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?