Quarriers

Quarriers Employee Reviews

Challenging...but job satisfaction

I have enjoyed working with quarriers for 15 yrs...it has been very challenging along the way..shift patterns are not great. Very tiring...they expect to much from you at times.

Pros

Lone working

Cons

Split shifts & getting moved from service to service

Amazing Support for Young People

The Rivendell service provides amazing support for young people and has a real focus on outcomes. Lots of changes being made which benefits the people being supported. Great training opportunities with Quarriers and always opportunities for development. Support in place for staff and open door policy operated which is helpful when having difficulties. I left the organisation to go to college but hope to return afterwards.

Pros

Supportive work place, fun and team spirited

Cons

Hours can be long but lively and positive environment nonetheless

Poorly staffed , clique,

Where to begin, amazing young people who deserve so much more than Rivendell has to offer. Constant short staffed and often 1 person to look after 2 young people but to fill in daily records as 1:1 support....so wrong in many levels!!Clique been reported to management for over 2 years and still allowed to continue, making people move on from the service due to how unwelcoming they are made to feel Poor poor management and team leads part of clique.No idea how this shambles is still functioning

Pros

Amazing young people

Cons

Lies lies and even more lies

Fantastic kids, clique work culture

Runs understaffed frequently, poor management with unwelcoming culture. Kids not given the support they require and told part of the job. Manager tells lies and team leaders part of Rivendell clique.

Pros

Kids amazing, some great staff.

Cons

Under paid, cliques

avoid Ayr young people project

Management and support did not exist. young people were not supported the way they should and if you suggested changed, management not interested. I'll never be back with quarriers

Cons

bad management

Apply with caution

Very poor management at senior level and departmental head poor management, wasteful of reasources and very very risk averse - general lack of understanding in certain areas. Secure job but limited advancement pretty boring day to day and a real lack of vision.

Pros

Working hours and holiday entitlement, Toil

Cons

As above poor management and wasteful with resources

Don’t care about staff

When I worked for quarries they didn’t put me through my training so needed surgery because no moving and handing training, they threatened that I had to do the job or I wouldn’t have a job.

Cons

Not proper training

Bad management

Quarriers is fun and good place to work at. Most staff are nice and lovely. However no support from any sort of management. The team leader and manager can be very rude and baised. Concerns raised and all got brushed under the carpet. My team was fantastic I would highly recommend Quarriers as employer.

Pros

Fantastic team

Cons

Bad team leader and manager

No diversity

shifts can be long sometimes you have to work alone. The majority services are straight forward to work at nothing difficult. Training is provided on a regular basis. What I found very challenging is the amount of nit-picking going on in services. You work a long day then they have a go at you for missing to wipe a bit of dust or for leaving a box blank. Before you know it the management will be sending you stuff to sign that you are not doing your job properly and you need to be more clean etc to show off they are good at their jobs at your expense. Some managers are female oriented and they prefer to work with females only. No diversity if you are bit different then you get treated different. Service users and their families are very nice to work with. Really needs a lot of improvement. I'm glad I left

Pros

Training

Cons

No diversity, gossipy staff

stressful and lack support

were do i start... avoid .... srvice i was in was not well run. only good thing was it was local.. what i witnessed ended my 20 year career in care.. disgraceful and shameful.. left after 6 weeks and very little support regarding my reason for leaving...

Jobs at Quarriers

See more jobs

Bad management

Secrets keep management in roles where they are dangerous ! Don’t whistle blow the management always wins & don’t report bad practices, you won’t win! Job culture is poor & ethos is for show !

Pros

Different every day

Cons

Bad management

No, Just No

Awful company with a bad attitude, don't care about their clients or staff at all, do yourself a favour and avoid it will be a complete waste of your time. The End

Pros

Clients are great

Cons

Everything else is soul destroying

sacked due to other staff members lies

worked for the company for 9 years was fine at first until I received a nomination for a Quarriers award. Other staff members were jealous, a staff member made up a story about me and after the investigation I was sacked. I was also reported to the SSSC but they said to me I was still fit to practice. Watch your back if you speak out about anything you wont be there long. Team leaders don't support you its too much hassle for them.When you report other Staff members abusing clients they say to you I will deal with it but that's the last you hear anything about it caring staff get hassle ones that don't care get all the praise. New members of staff working in projects without doing the proper training. Some staff members enjoy spending the service users money spending £100 per week on groceries to support 1 person.

Pros

Great Clients

Cons

managment over friendly with certain staff members

Dont go here

When things were good management happy when I pointed they're mistakes out life was made difficult don't go here clients brilliant brighten your day hard but worthwhile work

Relaxed and easy going

I was a Volunteer so I can't comment on Salary and Job Advancement. But overall ,it was great experience working with dedicated people who were very supportive.

Poor structure

The Corporate structure results in the poor management (as recognised frequently in Inspection reports) not supporting support workers, with the consequence services are often not meeting their potential and staff frequently have low morale and no job satisfaction.

good place if you like befriending as a volunteer

learned more about learning difficulties such as dyslexia. I also learned a wee bit about how quarriers was formed as a home in quarriers village near kilmacolm.

Avoid! Avoid! avoid!

Not enough staff on duty on shifts! I was left to support 3 Service users alone at various times,Service users not getting the full package that they are entitled too,Backstabbing Staff,Management a joke.HR you contact them it’s they same a joke they don’t do nothing about Any issues you have! Worse post I have ever held! Avoid!!!!

Poor place to work

Staff are given little help to deal with anti-social behaviour of service users at this particular residency, causing a great deal of stress and worry. Salary is extremely poor given the hours worked.

hampered by clueless management and lack of support

poor man management ,no support ,poor communication from team leader upwards. work extra hours unpaid, a management team that only consider themselves wages and saving company money.

Pros

work with some great caring support workers, . service users will give you hours of enjoyment and retain your sanity

Cons

clueless organisation

Bad management

Worked for Quarrier’s for 5 years really enjoyed the first 4 years. Progressed in the job etc and has a great experience Terrible work culture , staff over Worked and stressed afraid To complain. Guilted into working king hours afraid they may be penalised for not Doing so. All smoke and nitros

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quarriers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

2.6Job security/advancement

Compare Quarriers with

• Quarriers
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?