Queen's University Belfast logo
Queen's University Belfast

Queen's University Belfast Employee Reviews

Great team environment good holiday and pension scheme

Good management and understanding of family work life balance. Work is demanding but can be rewarding .Good chance of education development and possibly of being able to climb the ladder

Pros

Phone, ipad most equipment supplied

Ingenieur development

Good

Pockets of toxic culture

Worked with some highly professional and competent individuals but unfortunately experienced some very poor behaviours. It’s a place to join for life and not for change agents.

Pros

Annual leave

Laid back work place

Very flexible working arrangements. Good salary. Good benefits. Easy going managers and friendly co-workers. Easy application process. No interview required.

The workplace is friendly and productive

The general culture is cooperative. The quality of management and leadership on PI / line manager My work is not typical for a research technician - due to my background i have more responsibilities in research planning, organisation, data analysis and publication. I particularly enjoy the variety of problem solving challenges that comes with research activity.

Good place to work in general

A busy place to work but enjoyable overall. it is nice to get foot in the door and explore a range of places or departments to work within. would recommend.

Forward and Innovative

A very modern organization at the forefront of technological innovation and research. Great workplace culture from ordinary worker to management. Class

Highly enjoyed working for Queens University and I gained a lot of experience from highly trained individuals. Management were very supportive, the range of cultures were a bonus and the work hours, pension plan and holidays were absolutely amazing.

Environnement de travail agréable

Très bonne entente entre tous les membres de l'équipe

Delivered on expectations

During my PhD project I had great support from my supervisors, and was given several opportunities to attend and present at conferences. There was a good atmosphere in the building and I did feel surrounded by intelligent, driven people. One criticism I would make is that the line of communication to me about the kind of programme requirements such as annual reviews and training was sometimes unclear or slow.

Jobs at Queen's University Belfast

See more jobs

Fun Workplace

9-5 Working Hours Good place to work. Friendly Work Environment. Decent number of annual holidays Number of events through out the year for staff Cheap movie tickets for Queens Staff

Interesting workplace

Different tasks are completed every day which keeps the job very interesting and exciting. The work environment is very fun and lighthearted which helps make the long hours enjoyable

Pros

Great experience

Cons

Hard work and long hours

Environment which focusses on student satisfaction

The university is located in the city centre and is easy to get to with public transport. Teaching is very rewarding and the work culture is geared towards student satisfaction. However, admin. issues often arise and work/life balance and job security are poor.

Nice place

In general the institute is nice to work for but unfortunately I didn't feel as though my role had been thought out enough or prepared for enough in advance. Management could therefore be better.

Flexible Work

The role is not too demanding and there is very little interference with academic study, staff are understanding if you are unable to attend events due to unforeseeable circumstances.

Temp work

Queens university of Belfast enrolment and registration team was a good place to work to earn a bit of extra cash as a student. It also provided many good transferable skills to use after university. A typical day when working for the student helpline would include turning up and answering phones all day for any student queries with the enrolment and registration process. workplace culture was good as we were all students.

Pros

good working hours

Cons

payroll system

productive and challenging work place environment

I also have a positive attitude that can provide a better working environment for my peers. I also would like to get experience to further my knowledge to gained ‘softer’ employability skills and specific technical skills. I also hope to accelerate personal maturity, self-awareness and ability to express my skills and achievements.

No career Progression

In the dark ages. No flexibility and very strict time keeping - can't take an hour out to bring kids to dentist must take a half day !! Very difficult to progress. Jobs lined up for someone usually.

enjoyable work with students and staff

A good place to work . A typical day involved preparation and delivery of lectures. A lot of time was devoted to looking after the needs of part-time students. The most enjoyable part of the job was engagement with students and staff.

Pros

Students

Cons

Job Security

Enjoyable

I was Head of Events for a society ran by Queen's University from September 2017 - June 2018. I was responsible for organising events. The hardest part of the job was ensuring that management above me were aware of future planning.

Hard graft

Very hard course different to your 'typical' student life. Still worthwhile and amazing knowledge base. Good to get experience on the wards before being qualified and be able to work out what specialty you wish to work in.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Mixture of placement/uni life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Queen's University Belfast. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4