QUEEN ALEXANDRA COLLEGE

QUEEN ALEXANDRA COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Don't recommend

Worked here a while back, I was working in the residential home on site next the gym. Students were lovely, had a couple that would play up, but staff were not interested in helping you if they weren't assigned to that student on the day. I didn't have a home life cuz my shifts were awful, and not one member of staff was willing to swap. My hours got cut down after the first year, which I wasn't told in my interview would happen. You were on your own alot, and if students were not ready in the morning for College, night staff were not allowed to go home until they went, altho we were there to relieve them. It wasn't a bad place to work, but management needed working definitely when I was there. I left unhappy.

Pros

School holidays off.

Cons

No breaks. No support. No life

p good friendly team to work for

Enjoy the work at umberslade garden nurseries. Very relaxed atmosphere lovely setting I enjoyed working alongside the volunteers, is good to help them to learn new skills, plugs taking cuttings repotting plants. Giving advice to customers as and when needed about the plants they can choose for their garden. I sometimes helped in the kitchen cooking breakfast making lunches helped with the afternoon teas serving customers.

Pros

Sometimes

Cons

I was working part-time at the weekend

Not a good experience

The level of understanding of understanding people with different needs, conditions or disabilities was very poor considering there are high functioning disability college. In many areas they were very discriminating and very non supportive. They need to learn to be open minded that people with disabilities come in many shapes and form also some people with disabilities can actually work

Pros

Learnt about different conditions

Nice site.

Enjoyed my time there very much, nice people to work with and good management . I did not find the job physically hard and I did learn how to use the scrubbing machine .

Pros

Staff room.

Not to good

They look after the lazy workers who don't do anything with the students what more do you want to know I started off I'm the gym the manager was not interested in it he like to get away when he could

applicant

Gotr though to interview stage. Interview went well no feedback phoned and left messages, emailed HR. I resigned from my previous job on the strength of the position due to time frames required.

Pros

the place looked and felt good

Cons

management haven't got a clue how to operate

Intersting and Beneficial Environment

This was a volunteering experience and we had to guide visually impaired people around the event; a training day had to be completed before we could attend the event. It was great hearing about people's experiences.

Pros

Interesting Stories

Cons

Long Hours

Fantastic place to work

The HR Department are really inclusive and helpful to all the staff who work for the college. They are ready to help with any issues that staff members have and are always willing to help staff understand the colleges policies. All the staff are friendly and it is a great place to work. You feel part of a family. I was temping for 6 months in the HR Department and did not want to leave. The Students get along well together and with the Teachers and Teaching Assistants plus the college is fully inclusive. Quite a few staff members were previously students at the college. The students run a cafe some days and make paninis, cakes samosas which are delicious. It is an extremely relaxed place to work even though everyone is working hard for the good of the college because it is a charity funded college. I have never enjoyed working somewhere so much and I would definitely give it 100% for job satisfaction.

Pros

Great lunch menu

Enjoyed working in queen alexandra college

As this was my first office based job, it gave me opportunity to learn new skills in providing excellent customer service.

fun and productive

helping students to develop their independent daily living skills in accordance with their individual care plan and term targets, providing care and support for young adults who have complex and challenging needs in terms of their behaviour and emotional, psychological and developmental well-being. teaching and supporting students with different life skills for example how to budget and getting them involved in the community all of which will prepare them for when they are ready to live independently.

Pros

half term holidays

Cons

repetetive

Jobs at QUEEN ALEXANDRA COLLEGE