QUEEN ALEXANDRA COLLEGE

QUEEN ALEXANDRA COLLEGE Management reviews

Worked here a while back, I was working in the residential home on site next the gym. Students were lovely, had a couple that would play up, but staff were not interested in helping you if they weren't assigned to that student on the day. I didn't have a home life cuz my shifts were awful, and not one member of staff was willing to swap. My hours got cut down after the first year, which I wasn't told in my interview would happen. You were on your own alot, and if students were not ready in the morning for College, night staff were not allowed to go home until they went, altho we were there to relieve them. It wasn't a bad place to work, but management needed working definitely when I was there. I left unhappy.
Pros
School holidays off.
Cons
No breaks. No support. No life
The level of understanding of understanding people with different needs, conditions or disabilities was very poor considering there are high functioning disability college. In many areas they were very discriminating and very non supportive. They need to learn to be open minded that people with disabilities come in many shapes and form also some people with disabilities can actually work
Pros
Learnt about different conditions
Cons
Enjoyed my time there very much, nice people to work with and good management . I did not find the job physically hard and I did learn how to use the scrubbing machine .
Pros
Staff room.
Cons
Gotr though to interview stage. Interview went well no feedback phoned and left messages, emailed HR. I resigned from my previous job on the strength of the position due to time frames required.
Pros
the place looked and felt good
Cons
management haven't got a clue how to operate
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at QUEEN ALEXANDRA COLLEGE?