Quick Release

Quick Release Employee Reviews

United Kingdom6 reviews

Great graduate role!

QR provides an environment that is great for graduates and people in their early careers, giving you client visibility from day one and often challenging and varied work. There us a chance that you'll be in a project for a long time - but this can be discussed with management. The tools you require to succeed here will be given to you & ultimately you get out what you put in. There are opportunities to get involved in help mould the company internally, which is a great opportunity for all.

Big enough to be a major player, small enough to care

Quick Release occupies a fascinating intersection between data, manufacturing and consultancy, which is reflected in the diversity of backgrounds within the company; technical ability is valued and utilised, but the emphasis is very much on communicating the utility this affords in an accessible, human way. The company has been building steadily for over 15 years and has now reached a point where it’s big enough to get stuff done and be a major player, yet retain the pacey atmosphere and camaraderie of a smaller, younger firm. Decisions are taken quickly and even junior staff are given ownership of projects and supported to press on; responsiveness of staff at all levels is genuinely a revelation after previous experience at both big listed transnationals and smaller boutique agencies. Workload can be hectic but rarely for extended periods and there’ll be the opportunity to travel and work with major name vehicle manufacturers, component suppliers and start-ups. The hiring process moves quickly with a minimum of fuss – everything is done with a clear purpose in mind and you’ll hear feedback in days rather than weeks. Interviews are genuinely probing but you get decent face time with senior leadership for a better impression of personalities and actual working life. Overall, would thoroughly recommend, especially to those looking to make a splash earlier on than they would be able to at the more traditional corporates.

Some companies talk a lot about culture, QR_ really does live it!

I came to Quick Release after working outside of the automotive industry, and I can truly say that none of the other companies I had worked for before really understood culture; a lot of them just had a company strap-line that became their 'culture' and was seen as something they needed to do. Quick Release on the other hand really live and breathe culture - whether it's the feeling of being part of a family or group of friends no matter what site you're working on - or whether it's the ability to shout out to the whole company for assistance you really see the power of a Quick Response. Quick Release has by far the most empowering projects I've ever had the pleasure to work on; working with a variety of different clients - both big and small - the projects are not only empowering but because of the nature of our work they tend to be intense which you can really get drawn into.

Pros

Great working environment with a great team working with household names

Cons

Easy to get drawn into working longer hours

An exciting, dynamic and fun place to be!

A typical day at work begins at 8am. I check emails, the work messaging channel and log my hours from the previous day. I catch up with relevant people in the project I work on (i.e. Engineers) and figure out what I need to do for the rest of the day. At 9am, the team meet for a quick breakfast. The rest of the morning will be spent doing 'work' tasks: this could be collecting data, generally improving the data processes for the OEM or attending meetings if my presence is required. Lunch is at 12pm and the team meet in the canteen; there is a great deal of choice so you'd never get bored of lunch here! Plus, it's super cheap so if you're on a saving budget - you needn't worry. There's such a strong team bond and I truly believe that's from spending time together: at lunch, for pre-8am coffee breaks and also regular weeknight meet ups! The rest of my work day is much the same as the morning. We have weekly 'company' meetings which are a good way of catching up with the rest of the teams around the globe: Germany, US and Australia, too! QR is such an exciting place to be right now - it's evolving and developing at such a fast rate without losing the 'family' vibe that smaller companies can have.

Pros

The team, the support, the company culture/ethos, satisfaction over solving complex problems.

Cons

Sometimes long working hours, constantly in a high-pressure environment (a double edged sword, as pressure means work is happening at an exciting pace!).

Great culture

The workplace culture is amazing and QRs biggest selling point for employees. You will truly be working with friends and they will always have your back with any client facing situation. The management is really good, really open and approachable so regardless of your level you can drop the upper management a message and discuss any concerns you may have. Your work will generally split into two sections: your client project and your internal work for QR. Whereas the client projects can sometimes be repetitive and unexciting (not often), the QR side of things is always interesting and offers variety in what you do. The hardest part of the job is that you need to sometimes pull long hours.The most enjoyable is all the socials that are organised (minimum 1 a month) and especially the annual team weekend, alternating every year between abroad and home.

Pros

Growing fast so lots of opportunities, interesting internal work, amazing people

Cons

Sometimes long hours, sometimes repetitive client work

Vibrant, exciting, dynamic and rewarding

Joining QR involves a steep learning curve and rewards you with a great culture, family feel, and plenty of opportunity for growth. The company has a relatively flat structure and right from the beginning, I felt that the directors were approachable. The board regularly communicate information so that employees feel invested in. A typical day starts at 8am with a cup of coffee and check in on anything that's come into my inbox. I then tackle the list of tasks that I made the night before, ensuring my priorities are correct first. I'll then maybe catch up with my team over lunch before a couple of meetings, closing off some more tasks and preparing for the next day. Our days normally finish at 5pm. Sometimes we have company events such as yoga, football, a games night or white water rafting!

Pros

dynamic, forward thinking, culture, inclusive

Cons

hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quick Release. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement