QVC

QVC Employee Reviews

Its a okay enviroment, fasted paced physical job, lots of nice people working at the company but mangament do tend to have favourites, not the best money either
Pros
Good enviroment
Cons
Not great money
It was a very strict company to work for. Way to serious and the managers were hard to talk to or communicate with when you needed help. It was far too busy too all the time with some days when there was not enough staff in so it became very stressful.
Pros
Good transport links
Cons
Very strict
Not such a good place to work anymore but parking is free Seems like HR are not the same anymore and they feel really unapproachable. More responsibility and actual hands on work for no more appreciation or pay. Very Demoralising.
Pros
Parking and canteen
Cons
Management and courses
You don’t get encouraged to talk to customers just get the money and get rid of them to keep call time low -lonely job - depends on what team leader you have as regards to progress - no consistency with staff - so try try book a holiday it’s virtually impossible and can be cancelled at short notice -stats and figures determine if you’re kept on or not but depends on team leader -system is a joke to navigate -would not recommend
Pros
Staff shop and discount
Cons
Everything else
Qvc is a good company , however the management and managers do not take your current and privies mental health into account , and believe that they know better when dealing with ptsd and ex service personal. Line managers are sexist and bully’s to say the least, and if you speak up , your fired.
Pros
Good team spirt excluding managers
Cons
Poor profiling of mental health and managers bullying
staff are great to get a long with. Certain teams leaders are full on idiots who think they can control you and talk to you like rubbish! Basic wage nothing fancy.
Pros
Two fifteen minutes breaks an half hour dinner
Cons
On call shifts mon-sun. NO social life!!!
Management make it clear if they don't like you and will make sure you don't keep your job in any way they can. One manager has been complained about multiple times to HR and then don't seem to care at all. Horrible company, avoid.
Employees are friendly and make an effort to train and introduce new people to the team. Management set up regular meetings to engage with their immediate team on current projects, as well as any problems or concerns. I felt welcome and free to ask questions when needed.
First of all I would like to mention that "everyone is welcome here" is what is plastered on the walls, yet if you don't fit into their clic which is young, straight out of College and have two faces like Mr. Dent then you certainly will not, and you will notice that a couple of months into your job. Additionally they have mental health posters whilst also promoting being able to talk about issues at work regarding this. That is also not the case, if you mention ANYTHING at all regarding mental health you will be monitored with scrutiny AND other employees will be informed even though it is a severe breach of confidentially. Furthermore, the company is stuck in 2001 with it's own software which is not transferable and is equivalent to Teletext you used to check the news on back in the day, and the orderline software is just as bad "Webster" designed by the most incompetent development team I've ever witnessed. Finally the Team leaders and upper management are actual creeps, but then again with the people they're hiring it's not surprising. I'd avoid at all costs even if the work is braindead and gets you a bit of money, there are much better options.
Good timekeeping a must never be late back from a break always hit your target and treat other workers with respect as this is very important to the managers
Pros
Treat well by team leaders plenty of rewards for good work
Cons
Try not to get ill very strict on timekeeping
Fast paced work want you to be on the ball at all times even when it’s extremely busy. 15hr contract is the usual one they give out it’s RARE that you get a full 37hr contract. Management can be unsupportive as I have experienced
This used to be a fantastic place to work. Five years ago the culture at QVC was to work happy and all the managers bought into this philosophy. I genuinely used to look forward to going into work. It is sad to see how much things have changed. Now, the increase in pressure, call targets and emphasis on becoming a billion pound company, has left the call centre feeling completely unappreciated. If you are on the customer service team, prepare for a day of literally constant calls. It was so bad at one point, that the staff were prepared to walk out. On order entry, things are not so bad but targets are very difficult to achieve. Just one long call and your call times can be over the threshold. Staffing department have no idea what they are doing and are stubborn to the point of being unapproachable when trying to resolve a problem THEY created. It is so sad to write this, as team members, team leaders, D.A.s, RTAs and all the support departments are fantastic. Upper management is ruining this company and forcing many fantastic employees to move elsewhere.
I was on a temporary contract in the Shrewsbury store. I was treated unfairly by my manageress from my first day. She constantly belittled me in front of staff and customers. I made my feelings clear to my manageress, deputy manager, supervisor and many members of staff. Nothing actually happened, she just got worse with me. I wouldn't recommend working for QVC to my worst enemy.
Environment is great, with it feeling a real family from home. Pay could be better, as it doesn't match up across the board, and i believe the more you do, the more is asked from you.
A place where your opinion matters, this is an organisation focused on happy team members as much as it is happy customers. Actively encouraging and supporting continuous education and growth to enable progression from within. A really authentic culture promoting the feeling we are all in this together, we share successes and lean in together to address opportunities.
I was taken on part time until xmas when I was sacked a month after training due to helping customers more than I should apparently. I was told any help I needed "stretched the needs and budget" of the company. As I was new to call centre work I didn't understand about targets etc so instead of help I was pushed out and told that this job was not for me. Would not recommend to anyone unless you have call centre experience and need a job
Pros
Money is great
Cons
Everything else
Avoid working here. One of the managers is a bully. Couldn't even work out my notice because of his condescending and arrogant attitude. Colleagues are great though...really friendly bunch.
Excellent Company to work with and very people focused, all staff across all departments were very supportive and consistent in there approach to looking after the guest presenters
but when i worked here they was handing out 10 hour weekly contracts which wasn't enough for me i needed more hours which forced me to look else where for
Don’t care about the staff only interested in cutting dept heads and saving more money to become a billion dollar company you may want to try get rid of a few managers who do nothing
As VP of European IT spent 4 days per week travelling across Europe. Really rewarding and challenging role that I really enjoyed.
Pros
Leadership
Cons
Very long hours
  1. Employee reviews