R Swain and Sons Ltd
R Swain and Sons Ltd Employee Review

Great place to work!

31 October 2019
Great place to work, friendly staff & excellent pay Worked within the Swain Group for several years and loved every one of them. Looking forward to my future within the company.
5.0Job security/advancement
22 May 2018
Same location
LGV 1 Driver (Current Employee) - Strood, Kent
The company had gone down hill since the top man was not a swain .more interested in number crunching than being fair with long standing drivers but it does give youngsters a step in to the industry
Pros
Local to home
Cons
Sometimes management don't listen to you
17 October 2017
Same location
Senior Credit Controller (Former Employee) - Strood
In my position as Senior Credit Controller before retiring in Dec 2016 I was responsible for 4 collegue's under my department. The main responsibilities was to Credit check for New Credit Application to ensure they would be able to pay their Monthly credit accounts . Opening accepted Customers Accounts & confirming with them all details in order that they can communicate within our various departments when ordering transport jobs or storage within the Company. The challenge of the job which I found most satisfactory was liasing with customers on the telephone which I would try to keep friendly but firm in order to relax them & should they have difficulty in paying then I would always try to find a solution, rather than automatically take them to court. .I had a good repore with both collegues & management,especially the Managing Director as it was a close personel family business which I found to be very rewarding .
Pros
Flexible working times
Cons
Distance
16 April 2021
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) - Astley, Greater Manchester
I really enjoyed my time at the company. It wasn’t like anywhere I’d worked before. Everyone was a big family, always laughing and joking, and aslong as you got your work done, it was a very relaxed atmosphere which is the perfect way to work. I wasn’t there very long as I started 2 months before the pandemic hit, so I was made redundant after 6 short months and was absolutely gutted as the hours where perfect, I got on with everyone and it was close to my home so was easy to get to. I would definitely apply for any future jobs they had :)
Pros
Lovely meals out paid by the company