RBS

RBS Employee Reviews

Found 1,748 reviews matching the search
I worked in an amazing team, debt recovery is not easy but we supported each other. Flexible hours. Sometimes overtime was offered but not forced. Staggered hours also available.
Pros
Close to home. Mon to Fri.
Cons
Nowhere to park
Fantastic place to work only left due to personal reasons! The management is great really do treat you like family and look after you. The salary is brilliant and so was the progression.
Pros
People, salary and progression
I loved helping solve customers complaints and educating them around their banking. I was empowered to do do my job effectively most if the time. To get on you have to stick up for yourself and to have to put in the hours. Depending on manager if can be easer for some.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Office politics and some senior managers toxic
It is one of the best company I worked all my life. When I was engaged with RBS I thought this company will be my last company. But I was wrong, never mind I will survive under the God blessing.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
12 hours
Great team work. Training great. People caring. Hours good suited me well. Targets to aim for and made fun. Everyone was keen to learn and improve their skills. Management supportive.Could put your ideas forward.
Pros
Weekly get togethers
The department I worked in progressed people who were in the job for 5 minutes, not because of their ability, but because they were young and liked to go to the same nightclub as the managers. Knowledge, capability and time served meant nothing. It's no wonder the staff turnover was so high.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Inexperienced and incapable managers
As excited as I was to work for RBS, everything came to shambles when the actual job role started. No organisation within management, a lot of inconsistency which results in many mental health issues for employees.
RBS is a very Supportive company with a great work ethic. Lovely office locations in London and Manchester. Always feel part of the team in all projects that I worked in. I would love to go back and work on the next interesting project!
Remote working was an advantage and the people I worked with were livelyGogarburn was a very nice place to work with many facilities and places to eat and drink
Pros
Remote working
Cons
Travelling to London weekly
worst career move I could make - I regretted every single day. I hope with Alison rose things will change in the future. Some good people but they overshadowed by politics and bad management!!!
Pros
They pay well - probably to attract people as limited people want to work for the organization
Cons
Bad management, No career progression, Too political, Constant Restructuring (every few months), unreliable management.
Majority of managers are awful, don’t care about the staff. Make the rules up as they go along to suit themselves. Most have no idea what they are doing and lazy. You’ll be doing their jobs for them then get moaned at for not hitting targets even though you’ve been distracted.
Cons
Fast paced but fun and upbeat place to work.very competitive and target driven but all targets are achievable. Good salary plus bonus. Good if you like working with the general public
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Stress of working with money
Good place to work. But beware of two faced backstabbing spiteful colleagues. if your face fits and you work hard you have the chance of promotion. Enjoyable job if you like to work in an increasingly challenging sales environment
Pros
Free uniform, RBS Select Benefits
Cons
Dog eat Dog culture
If your face fits then you will do okay, regardless of whether you can do the job. I can only comment on where I worked, but it had a toxic culture and the treatment of some staff was appalling.
Good place to advance career. Offers good flexibility and genuinely cares about it’s workforce. I would highly recommend working for the Royal Bank of Scotland.
Good progression can be made within the Bank and the pay is also good. Management also motivate you to do well. The only bad thing is that it is a very competitive environment so it depends on whether that works for you as an individual.
Pros
good pay and progression
Cons
Competitive and fast paced
Each day was very different. The working hours were very flexible and no weekends which was good. I happened to work with a great small team, always happy to help and make you feel welcome especially at the very beginning. Wouldn't have left the job if not for the branch closing down.
Pros
balance work and life
Cons
Lots of calls at the start of the day but gets quietier during the afternoons. Most of the technical work is now being offshored which is a shame.This means people in UK are losing out which is not good for the local economy.
• Partner with key stakeholders to ensure alignment with quality objectives, and calibration of evaluative scoring of calls• Uses relevant quality tools to gather data and analyze trends or patterns affecting quality• Collaborates with call quality team members to identify and streamline processes and implement process standardsthat enhance service delivery and the customer experience.• Maintains high delivery standards in performing his duties, ensuring accuracy and on time delivery• Stays updated on all required skills for the job, especially domain knowledge, competition benchmarking and latest news on the financial sector.
Pros
Convence charges
Cons
Working culture in a fast pace in a changing environment. A very diverse working company. Management style is around growth and development with ownership. Hardest part of he job is the uncertainty of the future of banking. most enjoyable part of the job is developing people and watching them grow.
Pros
Good working environment with development opportunities
Cons
fast changing environment for bankng
Call centre at RBS was terrible.breaks not adequate for the role. monotonous call after call, typical stats driven. poor management. Complete disaster
Pros
Cons
everything, management, the job itself and lack of care for employees. Avoid like the plague
  1. Employee reviews