RBS

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Great place to work for.

Great people and great atmosphere very good flexible working hours. In house canteen not the best but it will do good career progression. Close by transport to get to and from.

X nothing to write

X nothing to write in here but rbs can be very stress ful and hard place to work No benefitsTalk about doing good things but don’t think about staff - so many off sick

Fast pace work environment with strict break usage and back to back calls.

Extensive training which is beneficial however you end up just getting chucked into taking calls straight after and have to just figure a lot out. The job is bare able if you are lucky to have one of very few good managers. Many of the managers lack managerial knowledge and don’t understand the correct work procedures. Calls are for the most part back to back with a strict target of call times on only 15 minutes of break time. If you go over any you are scrutinised. A lot of unrealistic expectations to work like a robot which I believe is not putting the customer first or providing them with a good experience. They often change the process of work every few months or sometimes weeks, leaving you very confused as you are told to do something one week, then the next week told it’s the wrong process and you have a fail. The worst part is if you are working from home you experience an unbelievable amount of technical issues and expected to fix it with no tech knowledge. Again you end up scrutinised for not meeting targets for tech issues that are out with your control. In my case I asked to return to office to rectify my technical issues, at which point my manager had dismissed me with no warning or valid reason.

Pros

-Good pay -good experience for your cv

Cons

bad work environment, not enough break time, unrealistic work expectations, some management lack managerial skills, large amount of technical issues, aren’t supportive with underlying health conditions or mental health, often higher and fire/large staff turnover, shift hours can be expect to work evenings or night shift.

Great experience

Friendly diverse working environment. Very busy at times with lots to do which makes the day goes faster. Never short on materials so can get on with work without asking for help

Pros

Fresh air and fiendly

Cons

Gets cold in winter

Hard work at times but great fun

The people make this company, work could go through some difficult periods at times but great support from team(s) and great fun, I loved working there.

Pros

Parking onsite. Tesco and shops onsite. Great people

Cons

Financial industry constantly hit by redundancies, you never knew where the axe was going to fall

Good learning and advancement opertunities but very tough sales targets and not good coaching

Very hard to achieve sales targets, work life balance is good very hard to progress in your career little support from management unless hitting all sales target career progresion is good but you need to do it all by yourself the company has gone digital and management dont care they only care about targets, good pension and health benefits however coaching and observations weekly are poor as the management team coaching have never done the job itself micromanagement at its worst

Pros

Good team health and wellbeing benefits are good, paid sick leave

Cons

Terrible sales target, bad coaching, poir management lack of support for career progression poor salary, daily sales preasure

Can’t recommend enough, top company, well managed and friendly place to work.Management are very hands on and appreciate your hard work with regular feedback at half yearly and annual appraisals

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

Tight deadlines, fast paced

Undervalued and underpaid

The managers are far more concerned about getting their own bonus than fair pay. Expected to work out with work hours however no overtime pay Remote premier bankers make far less than in branch however have the same targets and far more customers to handle

Fast paced, stressful calls, difficult customers

out of all banks i have worked for natwest/rbs has to be the best one, not to say there arent difficult moments in the role but the organisation itself is decent

Cons

long hours sometimes angry customers

Poor Training and Management

Training to deal with bank customers in the customer service role was minimal at best. After a short training you became part of a team, with minimal support from the manager.

Still very proud to be Royal Blue

Working at RBS gave us all the best customer service training, development opportunities and amazing environment for both the team and our customers.If only the pay was better I would happily return in a heartbeat.

Pros

Cons

Level of pay vs responsibility

Business banking

Awful place to work my manager was horrible and I would never recommend this place to work not even to my worst enemy! Avoid at all costs, Never again

Pros

Canteen provided nice food

Cons

Awful management

An exciting challenge

A great place to work, your manager does take the time to make you feel included and supported. The work is certainly variable with client needs.The only down side is lots of internal noise.

Pros

Family friendly

Cons

Often feel like your working in a bank, which i dont

Good if you know what you're in for

Average call centre job, like any other company you are a number. If you're lucky and have a good manager its a good experience but if you've got a horrible one you either want to work your way out or leave. If they mess up your pay, you're the one who is punished, not your manager, no matter how many times they mess it up. The health benefits and flextime are good if you know what to ask for.

Pros

Adaptive to your needs somewhat, holidays are first come first served, good offices

Cons

Hours change, office bullying, favouritism, fake support

RBS Thanet Grange runs on a culture of fear

I worked in the retail disputes dept and the way staff is treated is shocking. Managers have no idea how to manage staff because of this incompetence stress is through the roof with staff members. Agency staff are like cannon fodder and have to be silent about any illness or they will not be paid.This department is truly a miserable place to work, it's a great pity because in other departments within the bank the staff seem more content.Only work there if you have nothing else.

Pros

Going home

Cons

Too many - expected to work 2mins past your contracted time at the end of the day unpaid

Great

The company is well known in the industry and that is reflected in its operations set up and high Calibre of the professionals that are employed and work there.

Good job

Was a good professional team to work with. All ppe and equipment tools ect are provided and good kit is provided health and safety taken seriously and room to add skills on to your repertoire

Pros

Average hours

Cons

Early starts

Positive experience

I was in a great, supportive team, where I was allowed to get on and do what was needed. All reasonable support was given personally, and I had a great work/life balance.

Nothing special

Contractors required but not valued. Management moved a number of us from our original role on the understanding we would be transferred back at the end of the secondment. This did not happen.

Pros

Cons

Poor attitude to contractors

Wouldnt recommend

Wouldn't recomend Best description - animalistic capitalismHight stress, constant micro management Very small amount of benefitsA lot of people on antidepressants - due to anti stuff policies.Minimal work progression

Pros

Located in quete area

Cons

Profit before people

Management poor

Poor management. Refused flexible working when I asked to reduce hours to care for my son with disability. Was made redundant in November 2020 had my baby December 2020.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement