RBS

RBS Employee Reviews

Found 1,753 reviews matching the search
Good paid training and all of the staff and managers were wonderful. Stressful job at times due to its nature but the incentives good enough to compensate. The only thing I would improve personally is the hours and how long it takes to get shifts permanently changed.
Pros
Great pay, good work environment, hour lunch breaks
Cons
Sometimes stressful, long shift change process
The company did not do ongoing training and then complained if you didnt know everything. The managers did not even speak to me for the first 3 weeks of being there. The didnt recognise hard work but were always there to knock you down. There was no progression in the company. The offered me a 1 year contract and I kept telling them that I had worked ther a year and a half with a renewed contract and they weren't even bothered. There was alot of favouritism and back stabbing amongst the staff and it was a horrible atmosphere to work in. The only thing I could say about the company was that they paid a fair wage and always gave way to their complaining customer with having such a bad name.
Pros
Fair wage
Cons
Terrible staff
Focus on sales high. Constant pressure to meet targets. I was a high acheiver - simply got targets increased further and further. No interest in customers who would not 'generate' profit.
Pros
Uniform
Cons
Pressure to meet targets
Applied for a job in customer service. After a few weeks into our 6 week induction period we got told there was no jobs in customer service so we had to go on sales. Which is not the position we applied for, anyway we got told not to worry because there are no targets and it’s not a high pressure environment. I was treated awful.After induction and spending a few weeks on the job it became very apparent that this was a lie and they say you don’t have targets you have ‘contributions’ which are the same thing.This being said the management would always be listening into you telling you’re doing wrong most of the time , very harsh and soul crushing. It is a very pressured environment, leaving you with only 15 minuets of leu time you could use a do you go to the toilet. Every time I went over my time and needed to use the toilet I had to ask like I was back at school, and they were funny about it. Using the toilet is a basic human right. They were quick to tell you you’re not good enough at your job but very bad at sorting out the problem and motivating you.The weekly targets were sent out to the whole team which is embarrassing if you’ve not met them and managers call you out in front of everyone about it.The way they treat people are in-humane I got threatened about loosing my job several times when I was underperforming. Really bad job security, horrible attitudes from staff. Managers used to let me know if I was looking tired In a roundabout way to say sort yourself out coz you look awful.Please don’t work here the turnover of staff they have is ridiculous and you - more...
Pros
A mediocre salary
Cons
No commission, no support, nasty comments, all round bad vibe
It is an amazing bank to work for the staff and the managers are friendly and also we do all sorts of multi culture activities.They have amazing staffs
Fantastic place to work only left due to personal reasons! The management is great really do treat you like family and look after you. The salary is brilliant and so was the progression.
Pros
People, salary and progression
I worked in an amazing team, debt recovery is not easy but we supported each other. Flexible hours. Sometimes overtime was offered but not forced. Staggered hours also available.
Pros
Close to home. Mon to Fri.
Cons
Nowhere to park
I loved helping solve customers complaints and educating them around their banking. I was empowered to do do my job effectively most if the time. To get on you have to stick up for yourself and to have to put in the hours. Depending on manager if can be easer for some.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Office politics and some senior managers toxic
It is one of the best company I worked all my life. When I was engaged with RBS I thought this company will be my last company. But I was wrong, never mind I will survive under the God blessing.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
12 hours
Great team work. Training great. People caring. Hours good suited me well. Targets to aim for and made fun. Everyone was keen to learn and improve their skills. Management supportive.Could put your ideas forward.
Pros
Weekly get togethers
The department I worked in progressed people who were in the job for 5 minutes, not because of their ability, but because they were young and liked to go to the same nightclub as the managers. Knowledge, capability and time served meant nothing. It's no wonder the staff turnover was so high.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Inexperienced and incapable managers
As excited as I was to work for RBS, everything came to shambles when the actual job role started. No organisation within management, a lot of inconsistency which results in many mental health issues for employees.
RBS is a very Supportive company with a great work ethic. Lovely office locations in London and Manchester. Always feel part of the team in all projects that I worked in. I would love to go back and work on the next interesting project!
Remote working was an advantage and the people I worked with were livelyGogarburn was a very nice place to work with many facilities and places to eat and drink
Pros
Remote working
Cons
Travelling to London weekly
worst career move I could make - I regretted every single day. I hope with Alison rose things will change in the future. Some good people but they overshadowed by politics and bad management!!!
Pros
They pay well - probably to attract people as limited people want to work for the organization
Cons
Bad management, No career progression, Too political, Constant Restructuring (every few months), unreliable management.
Majority of managers are awful, don’t care about the staff. Make the rules up as they go along to suit themselves. Most have no idea what they are doing and lazy. You’ll be doing their jobs for them then get moaned at for not hitting targets even though you’ve been distracted.
Cons
Fast paced but fun and upbeat place to work.very competitive and target driven but all targets are achievable. Good salary plus bonus. Good if you like working with the general public
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Stress of working with money
Good place to work. But beware of two faced backstabbing spiteful colleagues. if your face fits and you work hard you have the chance of promotion. Enjoyable job if you like to work in an increasingly challenging sales environment
Pros
Free uniform, RBS Select Benefits
Cons
Dog eat Dog culture
If your face fits then you will do okay, regardless of whether you can do the job. I can only comment on where I worked, but it had a toxic culture and the treatment of some staff was appalling.
Good place to advance career. Offers good flexibility and genuinely cares about it’s workforce. I would highly recommend working for the Royal Bank of Scotland.
Good progression can be made within the Bank and the pay is also good. Management also motivate you to do well. The only bad thing is that it is a very competitive environment so it depends on whether that works for you as an individual.
Pros
good pay and progression
Cons
Competitive and fast paced
  1. Employee reviews