RBS

RBS Pay & benefits reviews

Good paid training and all of the staff and managers were wonderful. Stressful job at times due to its nature but the incentives good enough to compensate. The only thing I would improve personally is the hours and how long it takes to get shifts permanently changed.
Pros
Great pay, good work environment, hour lunch breaks
Cons
Sometimes stressful, long shift change process
Applied for a job in customer service. After a few weeks into our 6 week induction period we got told there was no jobs in customer service so we had to go on sales. Which is not the position we applied for, anyway we got told not to worry because there are no targets and it’s not a high pressure environment. I was treated awful.After induction and spending a few weeks on the job it became very apparent that this was a lie and they say you don’t have targets you have ‘contributions’ which are the same thing.This being said the management would always be listening into you telling you’re doing wrong most of the time , very harsh and soul crushing. It is a very pressured environment, leaving you with only 15 minuets of leu time you could use a do you go to the toilet. Every time I went over my time and needed to use the toilet I had to ask like I was back at school, and they were funny about it. Using the toilet is a basic human right. They were quick to tell you you’re not good enough at your job but very bad at sorting out the problem and motivating you.The weekly targets were sent out to the whole team which is embarrassing if you’ve not met them and managers call you out in front of everyone about it.The way they treat people are in-humane I got threatened about loosing my job several times when I was underperforming. Really bad job security, horrible attitudes from staff. Managers used to let me know if I was looking tired In a roundabout way to say sort yourself out coz you look awful.Please don’t work here the turnover of staff they have is ridiculous and you - more...
Pros
A mediocre salary
Cons
No commission, no support, nasty comments, all round bad vibe
Fantastic place to work only left due to personal reasons! The management is great really do treat you like family and look after you. The salary is brilliant and so was the progression.
Pros
People, salary and progression
I worked in an amazing team, debt recovery is not easy but we supported each other. Flexible hours. Sometimes overtime was offered but not forced. Staggered hours also available.
Pros
Close to home. Mon to Fri.
Cons
Nowhere to park
I loved helping solve customers complaints and educating them around their banking. I was empowered to do do my job effectively most if the time. To get on you have to stick up for yourself and to have to put in the hours. Depending on manager if can be easer for some.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Office politics and some senior managers toxic
Fast paced but fun and upbeat place to work.very competitive and target driven but all targets are achievable. Good salary plus bonus. Good if you like working with the general public
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Stress of working with money
Good place to work. But beware of two faced backstabbing spiteful colleagues. if your face fits and you work hard you have the chance of promotion. Enjoyable job if you like to work in an increasingly challenging sales environment
Pros
Free uniform, RBS Select Benefits
Cons
Dog eat Dog culture
Good progression can be made within the Bank and the pay is also good. Management also motivate you to do well. The only bad thing is that it is a very competitive environment so it depends on whether that works for you as an individual.
Pros
good pay and progression
Cons
Competitive and fast paced
If you come into the company on the lowest rung you will have the most pressure on you. You are an expendable slug. You will be paid alright, depending on where you work. If you're in branch then you'll be the most done over for pay, and chances are if you go to the call centre in Manchester you'll not be paid as well as temporary staff elsewhere. Most of the first point of contact work will be one of 3 things - genuinely lovely customers who will be super quick or want to have a bit of a chat (which a bad manager will probably flag you up for). Morons who don't understand about borrowing money from a bank/wanting to raise a complaint for something they're probably lying about. Cleaning up a mess a webchat agent in India has caused. There's obviously a wide range of customers, but these tend to be the big 3. Shift patterns can be awful, but tend to be fixed for a week (e.g. one week you will do 9-5, the next 8-4, the next 12-8). However, this can change any time, they're meant to give you 2 weeks notice but frequently would not, and you would receive no notification of the change. Reductions in the team organising shift patterns led to a lot of slapdash work. You will be trained to handle complaints, however will be expected to do it to a much higher standard than the actual complaints team, who will provide precious little information should you have to look into anything, and probably just bung £50 in someone's account without confirming anything with them and just hoping that and a letter will fix it. Your management can vary, you'll either have the ultra-strict - more...
Pros
Pay can be great, some decent insurance benefits
Cons
Awful management on every level, concerning push towards lending
There is opportunity to work flexibly. Good benefits package The bank has looked after it's workforce very well as part of Covid-19. There is a real emphasis on improving the bank's culture with focus on environmental and social purpose - not just bottom line profit.
good amount of work available to keep you busy flexible working hours parking if you are early starter lot of meetings video conference makes you perfect
Pros
Free Vending Machine for Coffee/Tea
Cons
No face to Face Meeting, always on video, so no social meetings with your colleagues
Working at RBS was better than alot of other companies. Professional and they care about there staff more. Alot of benefits for staff and training is good.
Fun place to work, very collaborative teams, paid fairly. Progression takes time and not too much changes in teams. Budgets are a bit of a hassle but overall easy to get things sorted.
Many other companies are so much better in all aspects. The tech used is old and there's an obvious feel that they're trying to save money at every corner. But at the cost of security, salaries and benefits. People being made redundant regularly, and contractors being hired on the cheap to perform roles that were clearly permanent roles. If you grow up in RBS you'll find that the job you end up doing there will be worth double or more to a company that has money.
Standard working hours are 9-5 Monday to Fridays but some areas do work the occasional Saturdays. Pay is good. Parking can be an issue as there are limited spaces
Good for work/life balance Salary seems fair to similar roles Large change in culture happening although taking time to move down through management lines
First couple of years were ok but everything downhill from there. Poor wage as a contractor. No benefits. Office politics, heavy favouritism by my Team Leader who also was not a very nice person. Analysts preferred on how Likeable and close/friendly they were with management and not by merit. The situation in my department had become very dire as people’s jobs were at risk due to lack of work.
warm welcoming and busy business to work in. lots of benefits of working for the royal bank, including health care, pension scheme etc. very practical working with the public
Good place to work offering excellent work life balance. Salary offered lower than other banks operating within the area. Lack of security due to restraints.
Good benefits- i.e. flexible working hours & can buy additonal holidays, work from home. Poor salary- no in line with other companies for same job role.
It’s not brilliant working for them there isn’t any progression as they move their businesses to other countries for cheap labour rather than have good work