RAC
Happiness score is 60 out of 100

RAC Employee Reviews for Customer Solutions Specialist

Stressful and Unsociable

This job was fairly stressful as I had to interact with customers who were distressed and restless. It was a fast paced job which meant every shift was tiring and relentless. I enjoyed this at first, however the lack of support from the hierarchy made me and many other employees as a bit worthless. Every one who has recently been recruited including myself are on rolling contracts which offers no financial or job security. I am not a massive fan of shift work either, and being a 24 hour a day this was a bit of an issue as I would work both late nights and weekends quite frequently. I am however used to shift work and wasn't a main issue.

Pros

High income

Cons

Working many weekends and late shifts

only temp contracts offered

very difficult atmosphere to work in, and only temp contracts offered always having to work bank holidays including christmas day and no time in lieu

Pros

free hot drinks

Cons

long hours weekend and bank holiday shifts

Very poor management and NO SOCIAL LIFE

I started working for the RAC mid 2015, I started working via a agency called interaction on a 3 month contract. I was then taken on by the RAC on a 6 Month Contract. Working there was a complete shambles, some of the managers have no clue in what they are paid to do. your co-workers will always back bite about you to others and the managers have there favorite few who get away with everything. You will always be pushed too hard. The System they use is way out of date and always twitches when pushed too hard. also they treat the temps as if they are nothing. I Would avoid

Pros

good pay

Cons

No Social Life

A Good Family Atmosphere

RAC is a reputable company that has been established for many years. It is a very good organisation to work for, with an excellent working colleague atmosphere.

Pros

Staff are friendly

Cons

Long Hours and shift

Challenging place to work, great people, great products

Typical day starts at 6am right through to 12am various shifts in between...No day the same very busy and challenging environment have to be quick thinker, prioritise, make own decisions..and stand up for them. Liaise with all sorts of agencies over phone and email...

Pros

fast paced, never a slow shift

Cons

can be frustrating when patrol cover is low

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at RAC?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RAC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement