Radisson Hotel Group

Radisson Hotel Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom394 reviews

Found 394 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,369 reviews
hotelblulondonrotafreeguesthospitalitylunch

Great staff but not enough salary

Staff are amazing but the amount work that you do for the pay you get is bad. Managers are great also. Busy at gig nights and especially at the weekend.

Pros

Staff, free food

Cons

Long hours, same thing everyday

Stress

Do not recommend.Job is not harder but the management make it unbearable.They don't really care about their worker's. They think they are always right.

Cons

A lot

Insights into Radisson Hotel Group

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Great experience

Great company to work for, very well structured and comprehensive onboarding program, great training resources and helpful higher management. Good work life balance and flexibility along with great benefits.

Awful do not work there

Wow can't give a Zero rating/!! Disgusting do not care about there employees. The salary is pathetic and make you feel uncomfortable. The owners watch you 24/7 and you have to be so felixable that it dosent matter if you have a family or plans. The rota is always done last minute despite what you think you are told your shifts will be. If you schedule annual leave be prepared to be told days prior you have to work. Even when your allowed annual leave despite what your doing or where your taking your holidays if they call you into work or there is staff training you MUST attend or you will face a disciplinary meeting as they will state its in your contract. Lastly to top it all off the payroll is monthly on the 7th of the month. But don't expect that to be in your account before 4pm of the day of payment. As for your payslip it could take up to 7 days after pay day and it will never be right!!! So basically don't work there!!!

Pros

Lol

Cons

Don't bother

Not supportive at all

Too many managers who think they are better than your standard worker. Spoken down on. Requested hours aren’t respected. No trust or team work. Too strict on uniform. Not allowed to bond with other staff.

okay but not great

this job is okay for students and part time workers, however working at the hotel full time is not very fun. some of the higher up bosses are quite rude and will pick on you

Not very nice staff on house keeping never appreciated

Not very nice people to work for, housekeeping supervisor was not nice everyone left because of her, we were never appreciated or got any thanks for all our hard work and wasn't a very nice person

Pros

Hours to suit around school times

Cons

Horrible staff, never appreciated, very hard work, back breaking, never know when your going to finish each day so can't plan anything and not flexible with days

Review

Worst place i have ever worked management for the leisure centre and for the actual hotel are useless and cheeky. Promise you things and it never happens both always have u waiting for everything. Never pick your shifts holidays rarely get accepted ull just people coming up u tryna make u feel bad for taking holiday days of or for even taking your break the beauty side in the leisure centre is a joke they all chat bad things about everyone gossip gossip gossip its alls they do act so nice to your face and then someone tells you whats been said about you. Worst place if u read this do not work here wage is awful aswell

Thought it was a good company to work for but management let it down.

When I started working for Radisson Blu everything seemed okay, I was in the reception department. I noticed that most of the staff were new, as in some had only been there for 2 weeks or so, so turnover must have been pretty bad. I thought working in a big branch hotel would have been more organized than this hotel was. I had worked in smaller scales hotels before and the management and organization of the place were 10x better than what this was. 1. I was trained for 3 days and after that was expected to know everything. 2. I was left alone in one of my shifts without a shift managers in sight, even when there were two on shift, and I had to take every complaint that night (which wasn't only 1 or 2), with no training or knowledge as to how to work the systems well as these were gaps I hadn't been taught. 3. Other departments are rude to you, depending on how busy it is, and from my experience, when you do something wrong, they come over when you are with a customer and start swearing at you. 4. Although I said I could do a set amount of hours, I was asked to do way more leaving no time for a work-life balance.Great customer service that they pride themselves on.

Pros

Free lunch, accessible as close to all transport

Cons

management, organisation, rude staff

It was Ok

Great experience but very stressful, with loads of things to do. Management wasn't bad but team members were amazing.I would recommend it for young people who are interested in culture and office tasks.

Great place to work!

Good place to work if you love hospitality, good pay, good environment. So much to learn and do! Loved it here !! Recommend to anybody as it’s a great place

Pros

Work environment

Cons

Terrible staff food for the hard work

Good people to work with as colleagues

A place with nice workers but less motivating to work there.Poor benefits.Could be a better place if management can find a way to improve salaries.

Pros

Cultured people

Cons

Management don’t look after this excellent people well

All props

Happy placeWorked in the hotel industry for 18year to do at least 14 rooms a day lots of weekends to work monthly paid uniform provided clocking in before

Pros

Salary Free lunch

Cons

Nonep

Fun and rewarding

The hotel is very busy so you need to be able to work under pressure. The training is good at the start and you spend a long time learning on the go. The Managers are nice and welcoming and the other staff in the hotel are friendly too. The hardest part is sometimes dealing with rude people but you learn to understand it's not personal, most guests are really nice.

Pros

Staff lunch and free use of the pool and gym

Cons

Horrible guests

Worst place ever to work!!

Working at the radisson blu in Durham was the worst mistake I have ever made. Management was disgusting so unprofessional! They’d be real quick to stab you in the back or even make up lies to get you in trouble. All the staff are amazing when you first start but give it a couple weeks n everyone hates everyone.

Good management, bad salary

Management is amazing and supportive, but salary is well below others in the same industry. Lower level management earns same as other places pay for concierge of receptionist.

Pros

Free nights, free food, good to learn

Cons

Long hours, low salary

Not recommended

I've been working in the hotel for over 2 years as a room attendant and I would not recommend this job for my worst enemy. Lazy, demanding, rude, unhelpful, disrespectful management apart from one of the supervisors. Long hours, high expectations and nothing in return. If the rooms were cleaned faster than expected the employees were sent home earlier, hence we got paid less than if we were slow and not efficient. The workload is unbelievable, not once I had 16 departures and then been asked to help out others, but I would blame once again poor management as thats probably the main reason behind high staff turnover. In addition, in the case of a lack of the basic essentials such as shower caps or even detergents, which happened often we have been advised to search our coworkers trolleys in order to find it ( its worth to mention that we have not been given any extra time to do it or even to empty our dirty linen trolleys, find duvets or travel from one floor to another, hence we had to rush to finish on time). The head of the housekeeping definitely should be given extra training to improve that persons management and interpersonal skills.

Pros

free lunches, flexibility

Cons

everything

Quite honestly one of the worst jobs I’ve ever had

To put it short. The company and management expect you to provide the customers with a 5 star service on a 1 star pay wage. I was 19 at the time and felt constantly spoken down to and made to feel uncomfortable by senior members of staff. The bar supervisors themselves are ok however the suits (people higher up) are the ones who really give you grief. Also everyone who works there is miserable and it shows.

Pros

Sometimes serve famous people

Hard place to work

Good hours, push you to achieve, demand a lot. HR have nothing better to do than enforce redundancy every few months. They say it’s to make it work better but the reality is they want to be paid more so are happy to continue to make people redundant while they sit at home safe and secure in the knowledge that the more people they make redundant the higher paid they are. GM spends all his time fighting for his staff.

Pros

GM fights for his staff

Cons

HR happy to enforce redundancy every few months

Great place to work!

Love working for this company. The staff are all friendly, happy and helpful.When I need help it’s there. I am really enjoying my self at the hotel.Plus great benefits and sometimes tips.

Pros

Free lunch every day, free uniform, free drinks all day, Great company and location, discount rooms and more.

Cons

Pay could be a little better for the work we do.

Flexible hours, friendly team but minimal pay

Worked at Radisson for many years and really enjoyed my time there. Yes there were the high and lows, but that goes with any job especially hospitality. The team really made my time there enjoyable, meeting new guests/regulars everyday.

Pros

Flexible hours, friendly team, plenty of training

Cons

Minimumal breaks, minimum wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Radisson Hotel Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement