Radius Payment Solutions

Radius Payment Solutions Employee Reviews

The work is very fast paced and you need to be able to make quick decisions. Your face has to fit in order to progress. The annual review process is very poor and there are no salary scales / grades for the non managerial staff. The company is restructuring following covid so I imagine the pressure will only increase. Also there is very little parking for the Crewe offices.
Pros
Good friendly people
Cons
Only 1 non-management grade. Experience not valued.
28 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased that you found our working environment to be friendly. We appreciate that parking can be an issue as unfortunately we are not able to provide parking for all members of staff. We are situated close to Crewe train station and also bus links, and we do offer a cycle to work scheme which is helpful for some employees. We understand that some employees only have the option to drive to work, therefore we are always striving to improve this situation by working with other local businesses and the council. We wish you the best of luck in your future career.
9-5micro managementquestionable processesmonotonousno diversity,everybody is white targets for telesales increase month on month for everybody except 1 individual. sales reps are looked down uponappears legit at the beginning til you encounter the undertones.avoid
Pros
Free coffee. Dress down days
Cons
LoL
I think who you're working with makes a huge difference at this business, although I think regardless you'll be underappreciated and underpaid (unless you're a manager or more).You're expected in certain departments such as finance to work additional hours for no pay consistently (as part of the "culture"), and the pressure to deliver and stress caused isn't worth it.I wouldn't recommend working for this business unless you're in a low-stress role or management/above.
Pros
Decent Facilities inc. Gym and Cafeteria
Cons
Expected to work over, not appreciated, very "top heavy" attitude in the business
This company does not look after it’s employees!They do not follow their own policies; demotion with no consultation or reasoning given, inadequate levels of training and support given to meet the requirements of your role, forcing as many people to return to the office as fast as possible despite the office not being big enough to accommodate them. Radius is very cliquey. If you’re friends with the right people then you will do well. If not then all progression and development routes are blocked very quickly!Pay disparity is appalling. This is expected to a certain degree in the private sector, but when your line reports are being paid more than you it becomes a bit laughable. Blame culture is also very prominent. If something goes wrong there is no ownership, or collaboration to resolve the issue. Instead everyone just looks for the easiest person to blame and uses them as a scapegoat. I would never work for this company again. Avoid this company at all costs if you value your mental health!
Pros
New office space.
Cons
Poor pay, Cliquey, Blame culture, Inadequate training, Poor COVID-19 response, Not enough attention paid to staff retention and development
I worked for this company for over 4 years and i can honestly say, that is was the worse company i have ever worked for and i would not advise anyone i know to work for this company. The culture is very pressured and is not customer focused at all, neither is it employee focused. The aim of thsi company seems to be make as much money dishonestly as possible from our customer and hope they do not notice. This puts pressue on staff who want to do the (Right thing) and makes you feel as an employee you have just ripped cutsomer off.
Pros
Gym, canteen
Cons
to many to list
Here how it works. They give you let’s say 3 leads to call. The first one has no VAT (Invalid then!) The second one is already a customer. The third one has no valid number to call. 3 out of 3. The target you need to hit is 5 LOL You literally just can’t win! They don’t give you valid leads because they are too expensive for the company, so you just have to go on with cold calls/old prospects. Customers begging you to stop calling, “Don’t tell ME!” wish I could say”. Problem is you MUST hit the target to get the bonus, unrealistic goals much?! Lowest salary in the market. Meal tickets? Who knows, sometimes you get them, sometimes you don’t. Management is very rude, no training, no help. Coffee break is 10 minutes, better not to be 11 or you gonna be scolded like a child. Pressure was so high I actually spent more time giving updates and explanations than actually working. Had to leave after a year because salary was everyday lower and almost had a mental breakdown.
Pros
The day I left
Cons
Radius Payment Solutions itself
After 6 months there were only 2 of us left from the 12 I started with.. says it all about this company really! You were worked like a dog and the complicated bonus system was guaranteed to be wrong every month.. which meant you had to check your commission and fight for what you earned until I left after 18 months
28 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are disappointed that your experience with us has not been more positive. We do continuously assess and review our target and commission structures in Sales and we will take your feedback onboard. We wish you the best of luck in your future career.
Don't reward effort put in, no parking for employees below a certain level despite a new building, no flexible working hours or support system. reduced working hours by 20% amid coronavirus outbreak. .Boring and repetitive tasks.
28 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review. Although we are disappointed that your experience with us has not been more positive. We are always keen to reward and recognise our employee's hardwork and continously invest in our employee's professional development and qualifications. We also appreciate that parking can be an issue as unfortunately we are not able to provide parking for all members of staff at our headquarters in Crewe. We are situated close to the train station in Crewe and bus links, and we do offer a cycle to work scheme which is helpful for some employees. We understand that some people only have the option of driving to work and we are always striving to improve this situation working with other local businesses and the council. We appreciate all feedback and we will take this on board. We wish you the best of luck in your future career.
Fast paced, varied. Great people. Interesting culture. good opportunities. real juxtaposition of cultures - trying to be more modern but some very draconian leadership styles.
28 August 2020
Thank you for your positive review. We are glad that you found our working environment to be friendly and supportive and that you felt Radius offered good career opportunities. We are always keen to provide good quality development and progression opportunities for our employees. We wish you the best of luck in your future career.
A typical day at work included extensive phone calls with clientele, meeting with many colleagues of different roles and thoroughly enjoyed my time at UK Fuels.
28 August 2020
Thank you for your great review, we are pleased that you enjoy working at Radius. We hope you have a very successful career at Radius.
Fast growing, global company with over 1500 employees across 15 countries. A UK Top Track 100 company. Innovative, technology-driven culture. Fantastic opportunities for ongoing development, training and career progression. Secondment opportunities to work in our international offices
28 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. As we are a global growing company, we are pleased that we can offer our employees opportunities for continued development and progression. We wish you all the best with your career at Radius.
The company is a good company to work for as long as you have the right management. There are development plans and while there is always something to do work-wise, the workloads are not overburdening.
28 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased that you find Radius to be a good company to work for and that you feel we have a supportive working environment. We are always keen to make sure that we provide good quality support to develop our employees. We wish you a very successful career at Radius.
Worked here for 5 months - the job itself is good however the team members make it a bad place to work due to favouritism across the sales team (Kinesis) . I do not recommend this job for that simple reason that people are treated unfairly and it makes it a miserable place to work.
28 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to wtire a review and we are glad that you enjoyed your role with Radius. The welfare of our staff is always our uppermost priority and we hope that anyone who feels that they are being treated poorly would be able to speak to their manager or one of the management team to see how we can rectify the situation as it is important for us to know that our employees are happy in our working environment. We always take into account what has been said on reviews and take all criticism on board. We wish you the best of luck in your future career.
Colleagues were a bunch of nice people. Other than that, you're more likely to have a mental breakdown soon. Management couldn't care less about employees, you only going to be promoted if you have the right connections. Micromanaging is embarassing, they just blame you for everything and for not hitting the target, yet they don't even give you valid numbers to call. Some of them can't be very pushy, bossy and also bully. But if you ask for support because you're a victim of mobbing at work, management will turn their back on you or even promote the one bullying you. Moneywise, there's a commission plan, but you know "things change" and you're more likely not to get any. Do yourself a favor: go and find ANY other job.
Typical call center cold calling sales job, I guess there are worse ones. Company treats staff quite well, however targets aren't easy to achieve and it's definitely not a job for everyone.
Pros
could be worse
Cons
could be better
28 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased that you felt supported in your role as we are always keen to provide good quality training and support for all of our roles at Radius. We continously assess and review targets in sales and we will of course take your feedback onboard. We wish you the best of luck in your future career.
Every day is a new day - the job is the same in the fact that you are calling customers, however each day you are faced with something new. The management is lovely, and always there to help out. you create a family when working there as everyone is in the same boat, everyone has been faced with the same as what you are currently dealing with.
27 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate your feedback. We are pleased that you enjoy working here and find the working environment to be supportive as this is something that is very important to us. We hope you have a very successful career at Radius.
Management is shocking, no regard for employees personal lives. No opportunity for progression unless you know the right people. Job is long, no regard for how degrading it can be. Management purely focused on numbers rather than actual employees as people. Commission does not make up for lack of genuine care as pay is so low.
Pros
Full training
Cons
Management shocking
7 October 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we are sorry that you did not enjoy working here. We do a lot of training for our managers to ensure that they have the skills to manage effectively so it is disappointing to see your review. There are lots of opportunities for progression at Radius if you wish to progress your career here and work hard, for example one of our Directors started his career as a Sales Agent and has worked his way up over the past 9 years. We appreciate that the job can be long and challenging so it is not suitable for everyone, however it can be great career for others. We wish you the best for your future career.
My time working at Radius Payment Solutions has been enjoyable, the people there are all fun loving and the whole environment is one of camaraderie. Everyone understands the stresses of the job and work to make it a fun place to work. Constant incentives and weekly rewards & recognition sessions help to ensure that everyone feels appreciated for the hard work they all do and that everyone else is aware of the achievements they've made. I would recommend this job for anyone who enjoys the activity of a sales job and also enjoys being recognised for your work.
7 October 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, it is great that you are enjoying working here. Our sales management team organise a lot of incentives and benefits to ensure our sales team are rewarded and recognised. We hope you have a long, successful career with us.
Radius is a great place to work, the people are great and there are amazing opportunities to develop your career if you work hard.
Pros
Career opportunities, amazing new HQ, onsite gym and cafe
7 October 2019
Thanks for taking the time to write a review, we are really pleased that you enjoy working here. There are definitely some amazing opportunities to progress your career if you work hard so we hope that you enjoy a very successful career here. Our onsite gym and café are some of the benefits that we offer to our employees at our headquarters in Crewe so we are glad that you are enjoying these facilities.
Completely unrealistic and unacchievable targets. Having worked here for numerous years my earnings decreased from year to year. No support from management as they are only in it to improve their own careers. Constantly reminded you can be replaced and do not matter in the "bigger picture" of things. This place will chew you up and spit you back out. The staff though (except management and above) are all friendly and welcoming.
Cons
No prospects for developement, morale destroyer
19 July 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we are sorry to hear that you are not receiving the support that you would like. We hope that you are able to raise your concerns with your line manager or someone else within the business who may be able to improve the situation for you. It is very important to us that our employees are happy in their roles and feel that they are being rewarded.
If your face fits and you get in with the 'click' you can expect to receive added benefits like get away with not hitting daily targets and getting better data etc. For the rest of us it's business as usual, poor team management and little support for those who need it.
Cons
Favouritism within staff
26 June 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we consider all feedback. We are sorry that you did not have a positive experience working for us and you feel you did not get the support you required. We continually look to improve our management teams through training and support.We wish you luck in your future career.