Ramsay Health Care

Ramsay Health Care Employee Reviews

I was a flexible employee so i was allowed to top up my hours in different areas of the hospital. Definitely worth my time spent there and would happily work there again
I've tried to write a review since December and every time it gets rejected.So, I'll just say management are very poor, there is no flexibility within the workplace and no way to further your career unless your face fits. The pay is also appalling at £9 per hour, this is only just over the minimum wage.There is also a lot of staff turnover and I think they need to question why.
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
no flexibility, management, pay
I’m soo very happy I’m working for this company. This is have me best job. Management is friendly and helpful any time. I’m cleaning recovery room and theatre
Pros
Weekend off
Absent management and unsafe practice. All noted by the CQC and it’s required improvement rating. Not somewhere to work if you do not want to risk your reputation or PIN number!
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Awful management
In general the company is good to work for. Management are down to earth and friendly but wages are poor with no proper wage structure. They are flexible with shift times if required to attend medical appointments etc.
Pros
Friendly staff across the board
Cons
Poor Salaries
The managers/leaders are lazy, incompetent and dangerously incompetent with no sense of professionalism. Racism is very common and incidents reported are managed effectively. Patient care is not the top priority in this hospital. I had to quit because of risky practice carried out here.
Pros
Clean environment and good food
Cons
Unsafe, unprofessional, money centred approach used widely, without considering safety of the patients of staff.
If you work hard and want the opportunity to move up or explore different genres, then you are supported and encouraged to do so.Great staff and team work throughout.The minimum standard expected is to deliver excellent patient care, if you want to coast in a job and have a ‘that will do’ attitude, then Ramsay is not for you.If you want to be deliver only the best, then you will love it.
Pros
Nice work environment and ethics
Cons
Can be stressful at times, as can get very busy
Initially everyone seemed friendly and helpful that only lasted a short while before the cracks showed. It was very clicky place to work and if your face fits you will do ok if it does not then you get limited or no support. All staff up to management spend their whole time running other staff members down. Pay is poor compared to the NHS and there is a culture of subtle bullying in every department
Pros
Nice grounds and free parking
Cons
Poor pay and bullying
this company really think they are great employers trust me their far from it no work/home balance at all even tho they say they do if your face fits you will be fine if not you will get nothing but stress they work you so hard that you feel exhausted but when you need a break ie day off good luck getting it they take take take but no give all they think of is money not the staff
Pros
benifits
Cons
bad treatment of staff
I believe that the work we do could be paid more for. I had to do the typical housekeeper jobs that include cleaning, taking out trash and hovering.This job allows you to think about your ambitions and think about what you want to do and move on to doing.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ramsay Health Care?
It started as a really enjoyable job, however after one of the lead chefs left it went downhill. I was left with no hours a week, the new manager promised me a contract that I had been asking for 2 years and then when I couldn't do a shift due to a uni exam she would text me calling me "unreliable" "not worth the job" etc etc. Management are pretty. Awful place act lik
I enjoyed working here. However the hours are long, and there's alot of heavy work. Most of the people are friendly. The clients will break your heart but the job can be so rewarding.
As a previous employee, i disclosed all health issues and relative concerns in the interview. Months down the line, being ill. Vicitimised by management, spoken to like rubbish, treated like rubbish. Management dont care about staff unless they're related. Understaffing was a huge concern, wasnt ever resolved, you were supposed to provide the care of 4 carers alone. Dont ever expect a wage you intend, they will happily take your wage and give you more excuses :))
Pros
Cons
The whole lot of management
It was a horrible management. They don't care about the staff they treat you like a number. All they care is about the patient none of the staff. Horrible! Don't work here.
The main plus of working here is the imaging service manager. The clinical team are also very friendly. There is also the possibility of progression.
Unfriendly interview, miserable environment to work in, nice consultations and other members of staff , however not the above Management Wouldn’t recommend at all
I am classed as disabled for work and already had special measures/reasonable adjustments in place for me at my previous employment. Ramsay took over those adjustments and have always been very supportive to me for my illnesses. I love my job and feel grateful that I can still work, doing a job I enjoy. I'm supported by my fellow colleagues, Managers and HR.
Amazing place and people. Would definitely recommend it to anyone that wish to work for them. Great place to work for sure! Sad I am not with them but it was a maternity leave cover even tho it was for more than a year!
Work load can be very heavy, department is a mess. Management rude and not really interested if you have an issue. You’re just a bum on a seat. All they’re interested in is numbers. Huge turnover of staff, no surprise as staff constantly make spiteful critical comments about one another.
You get told you can work over time and earn extra money if your contract but it actually goes onto ' toil' which means either you owe them time if you leave early or they owe you time.
Management dont care. So many staff have come and gone. Pay is bad also. Long hours. Had on site parking. Thats gone also. Everyone is literally related here. Should be called family clinic. From managers to nurses to receptionist. If a job advert goes out, literally they have like 2 interviews one being the daughter/son of one of the staff members and suprise suprise guess who gets the job.
Pros
Cons
Long hours. Bad management. No support. Low moralw
Comment – 12 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. As an equal opportunities employer, we take pride in our professional and robust recruitment processes and as such, we are concerned by the perception of unfairness. We are lucky to have a very successful “Refer a Friend” program in which many of our existing employees recommend working for the company to friends and family alike. We believe that this demonstrates a happy and engaged workforce. However, this scheme does not deter from following a thorough process of selection to ensure the right candidate for the role is successful. If you are willing to discuss your feedback further, please do email us at HR.Support@ramsayhealth.co.uk so a member of our corporate HR department can make contact with you, we really value feedback from our previous employees to allow us to continue to improve and remain an employer of choice.
  1. Employee reviews