Ramsay Health Care

United Kingdom108 reviews

Enjoying so far

Featured review

Ramsay Health Care selected this as a representative review
I am a new member of the team and I have been made to feel so welcome! Everyone has been so friendly and made being a new person much easier! Lots of training on various systems.

Productive yet easy going

Good pay and flexible shifts with opportunities to work in both collaborative and independent environments. Occasional heavy workloads with strict deadlines as to be expected

Insights into Ramsay Health Care

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energising work tasks

Horrible place to work

Extremely horrible place to work, left there a while ago thankfully, no work life balance , poor pay, shocking management , no backing , if only the general public really knew

Lovely people, senior management are poor

Too many chiefs in the senior leadership team who have no idea about the shop floor, it’s all about money and the slogan people caring for people is a joke.No important decision is ever made, they work in a part of the hospital behind a locked door, the consultants have zero respect for them and what was once a thriving hospital is struggling due to the decisions that they actually made….. there is a difference between clinical and admin staff they think they Are better., they had a pay review recently but admin got nothing, without they admin staff clinical would not have a job.

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Senior leadership team

Great place to work kind and caring exceptional hospitalFree parking amazing staff You can learn all different departments .

Great place to work I feel I want to go into work every day ! Ramsay fit in my home life style with having kids they are very flexible and accommodating

Pros

Discounted lunch free coffee and tea Free parking

Cons

Pay could be better

Great place to grow

I have worked for Ramsay for over 15 years. I have developed my career during that time whilst also starting and raising a young family. Management by trust and flexibility of hours has allowed me to do this.I really like the flexi leave scheme which allows employees to buy or sell a week of annual leave each year to better suit their individual needs. As a working mum, this additional leave has been really valued.

Pros

Free parking, flexible working, trust from management

Understaffed

As in all care sector roles, Ramsay is no different; staff are overworked and fatigued due to lack of support. The team works well together and give as much care as possible, but many times, care needs can not be met due to the number of floor staff .

Pros

Subsidised meals

Cons

No fixed rota. High pressure environment.

disgraceful workplace

10/10 would NOT recommend.If your face fits then you'll be fine. If not expect to be ignored by ALL managers.Alarming staff turnover something needs to be done. The hospital offers a stressful working environment and a workload 3 times the amount for the staff to take on so be prepared to be genuinely miserable.

29 March 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and appreciate that there may be times when we need to do better! We also believe in continuous improvement and therefore constantly ask for feedback from all of our colleagues. The SLT encourages this via our ‘open door’ policy and by our daily visibility around the hospital. If you would like to discuss your concerns then please do make contact as we would like to understand this in more detail.

Not the best, but not the worst.

Severely underpaid as a HCA. Rota is supposed to be done 6 weeks in advance, but it never is, and the shifts constantly change and don’t correspond with the online rota. People trying to act as managers, who aren’t actual managers and are just regular members of staff. Matron is a bully, and some individuals are just not approachable. Making a difference to the patient is the only benefit of the job, and the 28 day annual leave.

Pros

On-site parking, locker

Cons

Underpaid, long hours, early starts

29 March 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.Woodthorpe hospital is guided by the principle of “People Caring for People” and it appears that you did not experience the high standards of colleague engagement that we strive towards. Our colleagues are a key part of the hospital experience and we pride ourselves on ensuring that we do all we can to keep them positively engaged and motivated. This drives quality care for our patients in a safe and welcoming environment. We would welcome the opportunity for you to speak to a member of the People leadership team so that we can investigate your concerns further.

The old staff do not like to accept new ones.The old staff hated agency staff….and make you uncomfortable, to be there.

Lack teaching skills… easily dismissed by colleagues if you do not have the skills .You have to be teachers pet to move up ….Management wants more from you than willing to pay.

Pros

Free parking free biscuits

Cons

Long hours, expectations are you will stay to end of list

29 March 2022
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and requesting feedback is of paramount importance to the leadership team at Ramsay.If you would like to provide us with more information about your concerns you can contact us by emailing feedback@ramsayhealth.co.uk. I would like to take this opportunity to wish you well for the future.

Management due not value staff or residents

Don’t work for Ramsay they do not value staff. Management are detached from staff to the extent that you never see them and they act like you are an to inconvenience. No sick pay, training very poor

29 March 2022
Thank you for your feedback. I was sorry to read the concerns you have raised.We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and If you would like to provide us with more information about your concerns you can contact us by emailing feedback@ramsayhealth.co.ukRequesting feedback is of paramount importance to the leadership team at Ramsay. I would like to take this opportunity to wish you well for the future.

Stressful and miserable

Poor management that don’t seem to care about the care of their staff especially when they are all underpaid and over worked. As there is a constant staff turnover there is very rare opportunities to have training to further a career

14 March 2022
Thank you for your feedback. I was sorry to read the concerns you have raised.We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and if you would like to provide us with more information about your concerns you can contact us by emailing feedback@ramsayhealth.co.uk

Check out reviews before applying

Poorly managed in all areas.Not patient focused.So many staff leaving including valued nursesPressure to promote good image to CQCRaising issues will alienate youNo parkingFalse marketing of job roles and benefits.

Pros

Free tea

Cons

The whole company even the CEO has left!

29 March 2022
We were sorry to read your feedback. Our North Downs hospital is guided by the principle of “People Caring for People” and it is disappointing that you felt this way in relation to employee engagement and patient care. I’m sorry you felt that raising issues would alienate you, this certainly shouldn’t be the case and we would welcome the opportunity for you to speak to us in more detail about your concerns by emailing feedback@ramsayhealth.co.uk. Andy Jones (our previous CEO) has not left Ramsay, he has moved into a new role as Group Chief Growth Officer. Thank you for providing your feedback.

Toxic, stressful

A lot of valued, long service staff leaving/left. Why have Ramsay not followed up with these staff the reasons why. The moto people caring for people does not include staff.Management poor, uncaring, do not listen to opinions from staff on the floor. Never saw management unless it was for negative reasons.Lovely colleagues, overworked, stressed and undervalued.Appalling treatment of staff during Covid period

Pros

Free car park, colleagues

Cons

management, workload

29 March 2022

Worst place I’ve ever worked..

So you are lied to in your interview as the job description is completely different to what you will actually be doing.You are left to your own devices and when asking for help, you get sighs from senior staff.You cold call potential patients up to 3 times until you get a “no”.POOR management (is run by young girls who speak poorly of all team members when they get a chance). They are not professional in any way or form. As a new member of staff you will hear everything said about most people you work with ie “how they have no friends” or “that person is so annoying”. In my opinion that isn’t how a manager should be. Expected to be a robot and be on call after call 10 hours a day.For what you are paid and the work load you get, I wouldn’t waste your time.

Pros

£1 lunch

Cons

Long hours Rude managers Cold calling

29 March 2022
We were sorry to read your feedback. The NEC is guided by the principle of “People Caring for People” and it appears that you did not experience the high standards of colleague engagement that we strive towards. Our colleagues are a key part of the hospital experience and we pride ourselves on ensuring that we do all we can to keep them positively engaged and motivated. This drives quality care for our patients in a safe and welcoming environment. We would welcome the opportunity for you to speak to a member of the NEC leadership team so that we can investigate your concerns further or you can contact us by emailing feedback@ramsayhealth.co.uk.

Unsupportive and careless

Not supported by management at all baring a handful. Everything is down to you, you are your own nurse, management, senior and carer. Stressful and a divide between yourselves and management which causes divides between yourselves and colleagues. Very hostile place of work with low moral due to poor or no level of support when it’s essential. Very high turn over of staff.

Pros

Nothing.

Cons

Practically everything.

14 March 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and appreciate that there may be times when we need to do better! However, we also believe in continuous improvement and therefore constantly ask for feedback from all of our colleagues. The SLT encourages this via our ‘open door’ policy and by our regular ‘walk-abouts’ in the hospital. If there are any specific concerns that you would like to raise, I would very much appreciate hearing them, either via your HoD, SLT or to us directly. You can contact the team at feedback@ramsayhealth.co.uk Thank you for your ongoing efforts at Ramsay Health Care UK.

Friendly environment, better salary needed

It’s a friendly and professional environment. Good food at low prices for all staff, good benefits and healthcare but they definitely need better wages. 4 day week so good work life balance

Pros

4 day week Healthcare

Shambles

Lied to at the interview. Hours completely different from what I was told at the interview. Housekeeping manager is a nightmare. Not enough staff. Higher management where informed of the situation and nothing has changed. Wouldn’t recommend working in any department.

Pros

Free toast

Cons

Unorganised

You could have a nice break when it quiet and have lunch with coworkers

It quiet a nice place to work ,but depending on which role your doing , might be better if you are a doctors or Nurses,like myself as a cook for patients and the staff log hrs shifts plus weekend. after 5yrs I have to go somewhere else as work life balance is really poor

Pros

Yes if you work in the kitchen you can have sandwiches

Cons

12hrs shifts weekend

Terrible place to work!!

You’re only told about the things you aren’t doing rather than all the good things you are doing. No recognition. No progression. Low wage for the amount of work and not enough staff! Other departments not wanting to help you when needed eg. Patient care.Poor management. Overworked and underpaid.

Pros

£1 lunches

Cons

Low wage

Not good. Disappointing. Poorly managed.

Poor management who are rude and unable to manage workload or motivate, encourage or retain staff. Everyone stressed, demotivated, exhausted. Subsidised food, lunches are amazing. Medical staff lovely but toxic bullying environment for support staff. Not treated well as a person or an employee.

Pros

Cheap lunches

Cons

Bullying, toxic work environment

19 October 2021
We were sorry to read your feedback. The Woodthorpe Hospital is guided by the principle of “People Caring for People” and it appears that you did not experience the high standards of colleague engagement that we strive towards. Our colleagues are a key part of the hospital experience and we pride ourselves on ensuring that we do all we can to keep them positively engaged and motivated. This drives quality care for our patients in a safe and welcoming environment. We would welcome the opportunity for you to speak to a member of the leadership team so that we can investigate your concerns further.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ramsay Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement