Randox Laboratories
Happiness score is 45 out of 100

Randox Laboratories Employee Reviews

United Kingdom61 reviews

Management was poor, inexperienced manager, who never responded to concerns, never checked or followed up queries. Very poor communication.Encouraged incompetence by appointment of persons with no work experience or ethics.Rigid working times, very long hours,no work life balance, no holidays, no consideration for family emergencies.Health and safety no taken serious, no induction

Avoid this company

The worst company I have ever worked for. The manager of the customer support department couldn’t be more horrible and stuck up and couldn’t care less about the staff. They have unrealistic targets for staff and making staff reply to emails dating well into last year. The managers will sit and chat all day but if there is a peep out of any of the staff were are told to shut up and do our work. There is no surprise they can not keep staff.

Insights into Randox Laboratories

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Management Clueless

The work conditions there are like nothing I have ever experienced before. The management have very little regard for their staff’s well being or mental health. It has been like a revolving door of staff since I started and don’t feel any security in my job which gives me very high levels of anxiety thinking I may be let go for the smallest things. Responding to emails from November last year sometimes even earlier. Abusive customers being treated better than the staff. Unrealistic targets for emails when you’re having to refund 120 people a day because of Randox poor judgement regarding government guidelines and not even remotely enough staff to cover the workload. Management laugh and joke at the top of the room while advisors are told to be quite and do their jobs.

Poor positive working environment

As this position was taken during lockdown, there were very few options. I stuck it until in the hope something more fulfilling and rewarding would come out of it. I was given another opportunity within the company which has better prospects but unfortunately the company itself no matter which position is very negative. Making money is all that is expected regardless of how it is done. Would not recommend anyone to work here if they had other options.

Just good to get experience.

Good company to gain experience and go somewhere better. Only their own people get promoted or given full-time positions. A high level of uncertainty and not clear as to what they want as a company!

Pros

Good pay. 4on/4off shift pattern (depends). Progression opportunities. Relaxed environment.

Cons

(Very)Long hours. No canteen/free food/free drinks. Communication between higher-ups and management.

Management are horrible.

I quite enjoyed my role at randox and worked in the customer support sector. If it had not have been for the deputy lead on my team I would still be with the company. Care more about customers than staff Working backdated emails from last year and the current workload

Productive work place

Ok place to work. Large turnover of staff. The more you do the more that is expected of you. A lot of good people left because there qualities were not recognized.

Easy job but let go without warning when covid testing dropped.

Easy job but workloads would be up and down. 12 hour night where difficult to deal with when there was not much work. No heavy lifting. Light work just repetitive and boring.

Pros

good wage. Laid back. Team where nice.

Cons

no job security even with a randox contract.

Well paid, boring & poorly managed

Worked at Randox for a few months and I can honestly say I have never been so bored in my life. They offer the laboratory analyst roles to science graduates but unless you are a manager or team leader you are not allowed to interpret any results or take any extra responsibility. You are pretty much seen as a someone who is not capable of doing anything unless you are a team leader or above. To get to be a team leader or a manager you have to brown nose as they do not interview candidates or look at experience/ability so the management is made up of recent graduates with no lab or management experience hence most of the comments regarding very poor inexperienced management! The shifts are 12hr 4 on 4 off which is good in some ways and bad in others, the main issue for me was that with COVID testing easing off spending 12 hrs with 20-30 samples all shift is mind numbingly boring.The pay is excellent for an analyst and especially as you have nothing to do for 75% of the shift.

Pros

Excellent pay, shift pattern allows lots of time off. Progression if your face fits...

Cons

Inexperienced managers & team leaders, large amounts of time with nothing to do, no responsibility.

Toxic working conditions

Pressurised working conditions and no duty of care when it comes to Health & Safety protocals .Long working hours in most difficult of conditions ie no proper heating or welfare facilities.I am surprised how they could operate under these conditions and get away with it .

Pros

Cons

Long hours and no incentives

Stressful workplace with poor management

Poor management that make you feel replaceable. People constantly tear each other down to cover their own skin. Constantly in fear over who will be in trouble next or who'll be sacked. Witnessed poor practise by staff in senior positions. Makes sense why they've received such bad press.

Pros

You make some friends Diverse team

Cons

Poor work-life balance Poor management Long working hours Poor culture at work

Slow paced place to work,staff friendly.

Enjoyed working at Randox,as a driver I was doing long distance runs,taking test samples to various labs.Relaxed working enviroment.Aslong as you do your job everybodies happy,chilled out place to work really.

Pros

Good pay.

Cons

Long hours.

All good when working well.

No issue working here on the while, just annoying when they needlessly change procedures etc. The staff I work with all make it enjoyable though.

Randox labroatories

Everything about this place was terrible, the people the atmosphere everythinf, I’m amazing I didn’t Chuck myself out the window after 1 hour in this dump

Pros

Nothing, pay good but not for the job

Cons

Enjoyed working here, good pay, hours and great work colleagues. Down side no job security and often unorganised. Given miminal notice when work was no longer available

Unwelcoming work environment

Zero communication between management and staffZero benefits for working for company Management only ever have something to say if it’s negative Often get paid wrong or late

Pros

Non

Cons

Long hours. Unpaid lunch.

the pay is well, but the management is got be a little chaos

work is hard. 4-4 and 12 hour per day is acceptable, but work in nighttime is  surfing. Recommand graduate student come here to work. The work env is well and colleagues are friendly.

Toxic and horrible workplace

Bad workplace- a lot of favouritism in colleagues and unfairness No training was given at allManagement was wishy washy with everything Did not feel welcome at all

Challenging and stressful with a lack of supportive management. Business very much focussed on business and not staff

A difficult place to work too much focus on the output and not the quality. Staff had very little input into day to day operations which were very much management led.Management style was aggressive and intimidating

Pros

Salary

Cons

Not focussed on staff or staff well being

Poor management

Managers were unprofessional in the manner they spoke to me. Don’t comply with regulations and I received poor training if any. Didn’t respond to technical issues we had on site either.

The work is fine

It’s a nice place to work at it’s just the management aren’t so good and take sides when there’s issues involving colleagues and don’t even seem to follow up on it.

Pros

Not a lot of work load

Cons

Hours are too long

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Randox Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement