Randstad

Randstad Employee Reviews for Teacher

I have a marvellous consultant and a good team in Crawley to work with . The only real problem is THE DERISORY LEVELS OF DAILY RATE PAY OFFERED TO ME.
Pros
As above
Cons
As above
Horrible company to work for. Little people in offices playing God, thinking they鈥檙e doing something important when all their doing is whacking something on the app, for anyone to accept. Don鈥檛 know what on Earth they get commission for. What actually do they do? have hardly any schools, don鈥檛 dominate in my sector at all, hardly any schools I know use them, should be knocking on every school鈥檚 door. I would be in their position.
I feel rather fortunate to have signed up to Randstad. My rate of pay seems good and the consultants are great at giving information and support. I feel party of a team, really enhanced by the training they provide, and this is exceptional in this sector (other agencies seem to treat you like a burden and try to exploit their position to drive down your day rate). Speaking of the training, I have received two days of complementary Team Teach training (properly certificated) from some great tutors. Although I've heard a negative report of the agency, my experience has been first rate. If there's one thing I'd like, it's more work in my locality (I seem to miss out using the dedicated app, possibly to colleagues nearer to the schools.
Pros
Great support
Cons
More placements would be good
If they have you in a placement they forget about you. Getting work for me from themhas been difficult, I've been chasing them to get my dbs done so I can get on line and join other agencies but its not happening.
Pros
not much
Cons
sent on long commutes, uncertainty of work
December 2018 Since moving their service to a first come, first served online app the amount and type of work that has been offered is very poor indeed. The consultants seen to think the scope of their work now consists of posting a job on the app and seeing who gets in first. No thought to matching candidates to schools. Makes me wonder what the consultants are being paid for. Avoid and try other non app based agencies.
Pros
Reasonable daily rate.
Cons
The app.
Randstad education Plymouth Office stay clear of this company. I had issues with confidentiality and went to the ICO about them they agreed Randstad Breached Confidentiality. Very rude unprofessional girls in the office and high turnover of consultants over the years. They have favourite teachers and drop them if they have the slightest problem in a school. They are intimidating and by pass the AWR regulations,
Pros
Teaching
Cons
Hardly any work after being told there would be lots with them
Easy to contact staff and flexible hours. Work in a range of schools. Listen to what you want. Get to meet different people and gain new and different experiences.
Lovely staff, put you in contact with good schools. Work can never be guaranteed when doing supply but the staff do their best to get you out to different schools.
It is wonderful work when it is available. Ranstad have been quite good but I would like more work from them. I enjoy supply teaching, it fits in with my other work.
As a supply teacher, apart from a face to face interview I only dealt with the office through a weekly phone call to confirm my time sheet and the odd email. They were always fast and efficient at processing my hours and weekly wages. They took on board my views about particular schools and requests for work on specific days or when I was unavailable due to prior comittments.
I worked with this teaching agency for around a year whilst searching for permanent work. They were able to place me in a variety of situations. I met some great people and even bumped into a few familiar faces.
Pros
flexible work days
Cons
traveling and not easily finding locations/ issues with bookings
I struggle to find work with this company. They put you under pressure when you don't want to accept a shift that is too far away. They can be very short on the phone and the general impression is that they don't care at all about your well being. The bottom line is all that matters.
Everyday can be very different working in a secondary school environment. Process was swift and easy and i would recommend this role if availability is an issue or if any qualified teachers need a tempory role.
Really enjoyed working for Ranstad, great communication and they really do care about their supply teachers. I would definitely recommend working for this company.
The Hull branch was well organised and offered supply placements when available to the right candidate. The company provided good online support and opportunities to gain more CPD.
I was well supported by my consultant. I was given regular work and my consultant regularly contacts me to discuss roles and monitor my wellbeing. Payment was very good and regular.
Pros
Well paied
Cons
Work was not guaranteed
Como agencia saben lo que hacen y conocen bien su ambito de trabajo, al trabajador le omiten mucha informaci贸n esencial.
Cons
vacaciones impagadas, sin seguro medico.
As a supply teacher for Randstad education I provide my services as to local schools, as and when is necessary. This typically involves covering a member of staff who is unwell or on a training course. I may be booked to teach in advance although I will usually get a callout to a school first thing in the morning. This means I have to be extremely organised in order to arrive at my destination on time to prepare for my day. My job involves working with children aged between 4 and 11 of varying backgrounds, needs and dispositions. Upon arriving at the school I need to be able to quickly interoperate the days plan for the class as well as acquaint myself with new routines, policies and members of staff. It is essential that I approach my work with a calm and positive attitude. As well as my primary role of providing stimulating and accessible provision to children, I also need to be aware and prepared for any challenges that may occur. These range between extreme behaviour or severe injuries/illness to communicating efficiently with children who speak little english or adapting a lesson plan effectively to suit the resources available to me. As a new person in a classroom it is essential that I maintain authority as well as being a teacher who is approachable. In order to strike this balance I deliver my instructions and expectations clearly and concisely. It is important for me to feel confident in communicating to large groups of people as well as in a a one-to-one situation with children and adults. The most enjoyable part of my job is the relationships I have made聽-聽more...
Pros
Working relationships, flexibilty, confidence to take on new challenges and work with different people.
Cons
Job not secure, do not receive work during the holidays. I do not want to work as a full time teacher
Helpful and encouraging work agency. Each day has new horizons and new places to visit and new challenges to meet. Lots of great experiences gained in teaching and organisational skills.
Pros
Local work
Cons
Some distance travelled at times
Randstad have proved to be supportive and effective in finding me placements to suit my needs and my family life. They have in the main found me employment either short term or longer term that suits my experience and professional requirements. The hardest part of the job is the uncertainty of employment and being the unknown face in the staffroom but they have always provided me with pleasant environments in which to work.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Uncertainty of regular employment.
Ranstad helped me further my knowledge and skills throughout education by getting me a lot of supply work and also finding me full time work in a particular school for a whole term