Randstad

Randstad Employee Reviews for Teaching Assistant

Working at Ransted enabled me gain more experience in the teaching profession. I worked as Daily supply and longtime. The company is very well organised in terms of providing you a job and any information relate the job offered to you. The company was there to support their staff in all difficulties.I only left because I went on maternity leave .Waitinging to finish my teaching course and join them back.
I've worked for some big companies that have a good reputation as being great to work for, but none have them have come close to the professionalism, respect and work life balance I have experienced working for Randstad. If you're looking for somewhere to work and struggling with mental health/sleep cycles/just figuring your life out, they are seriously fantastic. I should mention I work as a TA in the Cambridge area.
Pros
Work life balance, respectful and kind
Cons
Low/varied wages, unpredictable schedule
They were good to deal with, didn't get a lot of work at all though. Left for another agency and have had quite a bit of work since. At one point, I only had one afternoon a week. And that wasn't even working in a school. This was a long time ago though so I'm sure it's different.
Good agency to work for. Very friendly staff . Plenty of work if you are willing to drive to places outside your chosen locations. Good rates of pay. The easiest thing about job is being requested by same schools. The hardest is going into different schools last minute or when you are uncertain how long you will be in a placement. If you want stability then working on a temporary bais is not for you. If you want variety and flexibilty then it will suit you.
Had good and bad placements and at a excellent placement at the moment, however, management does not support staff at the time of need. Some of the office staff do call to check up on how placements are and offer advice. The wage is very low for the job.
Absolutely amazing team enjoy working here. The staff are friendly and there are plenty of opportunities available. Further training and support is also available.
Great choice and variety of schools to work in. However, some of the staff in the Sheffield branch are very careful and clever about how they discriminate/ are disrespectful to their staff. God forbid if you lose a family member mid contract or have to go to an emergency hospital appointment. They will literally just replace you rather than support you. The pay isn't very good compared to other agencies and you do not receive regular positive feedback. The only time they get in contact is when they are threatening to take contracts away from you. They have caused so much strain on my mental health during a really tough time for me. This month I am now unable to pay rent as they have taken my last 5 days of term away from me and gave them to someone else because ' the school needed consistency' ... For the last 5 days of term, and the school weren't even aware of this 'conversation'. They thought I was back in tomorrow. It's a real shame because I have loved working in the schools I have been placed and have gained vast experience. But the way they have treat me during a very dark time has left a very sour taste in my mouth.
Pros
Variety of schools
Cons
Rude staff, Pay varying despite working same hours, No support provided for tough times, Give your contracts away /continually threaten to
Official response from Randstad
15 August 2019
Hi there, sorry to hear of your experience with us. We would like to follow this up - if you email us some details at customersupport@randstad.co.uk then we can raise this with the relevant manager.
I have been with Randstad as a teaching assistant/school receptionist for 4 months now. I have encountered many rude staff members when trying to discuss issues with the office. They appear to make up pay scales, and won't give information regarding the different levels. When I attended the meeting, I was told that they had more work than people wanting work so I would never be without a shift each day. However, this has not been true at all. They often do not offer any work at all, or offer work that is over 2 hours away when they know I do not drive. Alternatively, they offer morning or afternoon shifts but nothing else, so only go home with ÂŁ30 for a days work, which when combined with travel costs is not good. If I did not require school experience I would never choose to stay with the company.
Cons
poor schedule, lack of work offered, rude staff, poor pay
Official response from Randstad
15 August 2019
To work as required in any children’s school or service within the organisation and in any location which may be outside of the manchester area. Be aware of racial, cultural and religious issues including equality and diversity. To assist in the preparation of a children’s classes maintain classroom management
As a Supply Teaching Assistant, Randstad has provided me with regular postings in schools that are reasonably within the distance I have specified in my application. There was regular contact by phone and e-mails of possible assignments/postings and the STAFF have always been friendly and accommodating and replies to queries as soon as possible, resolving issues quickly. Overall, a positive company to work for, prompt payment of work done and plenty of training courses provided (some are free).
I had a very lovely time working with them. They made me work in nearly the whole sector of supporting children. From early years to High school setting . They give you the opportunity to expand your knowledge about children The management are always ready to help if need be. They provide Tanning from time to time to their workers which i really find helpful..
Pros
Free tanning
Cons
long distance some times
It is good job and easy to understand. It's good job if you like meeti new people every day. No other day is same. Friendly staff and good management.
Pros
Good job.
Cons
Work on weekends
Randstad have been very effective in finding work for me over the past 2 years. I would recommend then to anyone wanting to find work in the education sector .
Very easy to sign up to the agency, and staff were always friendly when communicating. However work was often sporadic in frequency, job roles and location and there was pressure to take permanent roles at schools.
Understanding and patient staff finding you work, finding you work tailored to you and takes into account personal circumstances. Wide variety of schools to go to and no requirement to drive
Cons
Its a agency so no garentee of hours
They are always helping me to find all I need to keep improving my skills. I archived a lot of experiences since I start working here and hopefully I will keep improving myself.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Not paid holidays
Working with Agency at Randstad Education since leaving University, working here was enjoyable and gave me experience in a career of teaching and gave me knowledge in the field of teaching.
I worked for them about one year and they didn't give me a lot of work to be honest, but what they did give me was ok and I enjoyed it. The worst thing about them was it took forever to get registered as they needed very specific types of references and I had a lot of trouble finding them, then DBS etc, and so about 3 months to get registered, then once you are registered if you don't work for them for , I think it's six months, they wipe you off their register and you have to go through the whole process again!! They were also a bit rubbish at giving refs to another teaching agency, twice claiming they couldn't fnd me on their database at all, which I believe was a ploy to stop me working for another agency. I had to chase them up several times about this, it was disgusting.
I would be asked to work in any given school. I never really got to know the staff or pupils very well at those schools as I'd be there for a day; sometimes a two.
Pros
job opps nearly every day
Cons
N/a
worked through Randstad for nearly a year they've helped me get my desired qualifications lovely and always helpful ..............................
You get alot of job offers but not many in the areas you want to work in. E.g alot of assistants needed for private nurseries but not many offers within your area for schools
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Lastmin calls