Randstad

Randstad Pay & benefits reviews

Top quality construction agency randstad paid double time on a weekend etc and there hourly rate was really fair too enjoyed my period working for these .
Pros
Well treated
Cons
Didn’t last long enough
Great company to work for, very organised, and flexible. Pay weekly on time. Easy to get hold of if there are any issues. Time sheets emailed to you 2 days before wages are paid out so any errors can be rectified in good time. (not that I've ever had any issues). Generous hourly rate, better than most agencies.
Pros
Free lunches, full uniform, paid breaks.
Cons
Long hours, and 365 days a year opening.
Working on a Freelance/Term Contract basis I am normally in a position to fill my day with interest & enthusiasm for the Tasks which lie ahead.Any doubte can be quickly overcome with morning briefings/meetings, with the Site Team, where queries can be raised & quickly sorted usually. If not then a speedy referral to the Architect/Engineer usually solicits an answer within hours or a few days.With my experience it is unlikely that anything will arise that I haven't seen before.
Pros
Usually, a good rapport with Management & personnel.
Cons
Nothing untoward.
This is a good company to work for when they have the work you require. Its as and when required so work availability is not always there but when it is and you work well certain places try request you each time they need help.
Pros
Ecellent company
Cons
Lack of work at times
Applied for a job paying £9 for 12hrs a day, 4 on, 4 off, that would mean £432 gross a week! However was only paid £300 a week, yet was onsite 12hrs a day. Misrepresentation/mis-sold job!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
mega boring job
they discriminated against me based on a drink driving conviction when the job did not even require me to have a driving licence. Yet other organistatons have quite happily taken me on. Very unfair. They also refused to give me an explaination when i requested one.
Pros
Cons
long hours and only care about money
I am a 50 yr old teacher who has worked for numerous universities and colleges and also had many unskilled, low paid student jobs. Working for Randstad over the past twelve years has been the most negative employment experience of my life by a country mile. They are simply a shocking employer. They are employed to recruit and pay teachers to work with disabled students in HE, but do not care about teaching, learning, equality or disability. In the last year alone I have had my pay cut by £13/hr with no prior negotiation. They offer NO training and there are simply no benefits to working with them. They are a faceless, corporate giant who care about one thing--profit. the only reason that I have continued to work for them is that I had commitments to my existing students and did not want to let them down. There are a variety of other agencies working in my sector who pay more than 30% more than Randstad for the same role, so they cannot attract appropriately qualified staff for the role (Dyslexia Tutor HE). None of my colleagues would consider working for them as they are known in the industry for their unscrupulous practices and low pay. If you can avoid Randstad, I suggest you do.
Pros
Cons
low pay, uncommunicative, profit driven at the expense of ethical practices
the work was quit good learn more about warehouse roll and the safty at Boots. Easy the manage all the task easy the solve the problems. The break time is fair.
Cons
Ok to work for on a temp basis. having to go through umbrella company is a pain with excessive deductions . Have had trouble claiming holiday deductions back. Double check hours booked to hours paid.
Great company that work you hard. Great benefits and career progression with lots of support and encouragement along the way. A team that works together for one main goal
Good company, placed me in a position within days. Good communication. Hourly rate was OK since being my first job in that role. Paid every Friday. I would like to carry on working for them.
Great people, easy work, safety comes first, no notice given, difficult to get contract, holiday during summer ( two weeks ) and Christmas holiday, around 10 days. Plus Easter holiday plus bank holidays and still have some holiday to use when you want.
I left nearly a month ago they still haven't paid me for my Holiday. Multiple Payroll issues before, Holidays amount never right, very unhelpful staff on site
this is a fustrating because working for randstad going out my way to get 2 buses to a job outside my city . they dont pay me for my work between christmas into new year even though they paid me the previous week. now i have to go thru acas because they simply dont respond to emails and phone calls. what more can i say i worked hard done my job got 2 buses that took me 260 mins to work and back a day just to do 6 hours work monday to friday and thats the thanks i get. non payment of wages over christmas and new year lucky i left because i got a permanent job so thats my experience.
I have worked for Ranstad on and off for over 10 years. Pleased with service and roles available Pay rates are lower than in former years but government has set this so little anyone can do
Pros
Flexible part time
Cons
Capped pay rates no sick pay
I can’t believe how lucky I am to have this job- I absolutely love the work. I can have as little or as many hours as I want. It’s flexible and term time only
No hols but do offer equated pay, and as it's above NMW, it still worked out a good deal for me. The staff are pretty decent too, work with you, not against you. I don't personally know about dress code, but I had a really great role so dressed smart for the job.
not appreciated no jobs available daily and salary low ..hours short and i preffer a fixed term contract and monthly salary. didnt enjoy the places i went to and and the people
I began working with Ranstad as a qualified teacher of dyslexic students three years ago. I was paid £30 an hour, now they offer £27 an hour. Disgusting rate of pay and I suggest there are a lot of agencies out there, chose one that respects you and pays you the going rate.
I have found my time as a Labourer at Randstad UK as a good time to hone my work skills but it's not as shinefull as it seems, you have a permanent job but from time to time there's problems with the payroll agency wich will mess up and you end up getting paid later on but overall a fun place .Again if they would provide PPE for every person they have there for more than 6 months would be a bonus, and salary raises from time to time.Depending where you work you might even get 7 days a week.Definitevly recommend if you want something stable and secure. Pro tip : Give it your all when you work don't do it half-assed,and make sure you don't choose short term jobs.Be responsible have a good work ethic and have fun.
They did offer a reasonable amount of work. No fixed hours or income. Work term time only when supporting University students. Do not offer references,company policy for hourly paid contract workers, they confirm hours worked only, some comments regarding reliability, positive feedback from service users, confirmation of training undertaken etc would have been fairer and more useful when moving on.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No fixed hours or income. No reference when moving on.