Rapier Employment

Rapier Employment Employee Reviews

I started as an administrator and worked as a consultant from walking through the door on my first day. I enjoyed my job for the first 2 years and then it became a difficult and 24/7 job as a Branch Manager with very little support from upper Management. The Director of Operations was a bully and in the end I left as a result of a burnout. Not enough staff and or support.
Pros
A new branch when I started and good local connections. The 2of us worked well.
Cons
Bullying from Ops Director. Low Paiid. Did not value their staff.
Dont bother wasting your time with this agency, complete cowboys.They will let you down.They used to be called swift and are known for letting people down.
Cons
Helped me get a career in driving, very grateful I have referred my hgv friends . Good pay. Can get the hours I need, Friendly staff that will listen and resolve any problems
Pros
Supportive approachable
Cons
Really helped me during the pandemic, supportive and friendly towards me when I have struggled with personal life thankyou to the team I appreciate this
Pros
Supportive approachable
Cons
Really enjoy working for Rapier, I was down on my luck and was given an opportunity with DHL and I have not looked back Would definitely recommend this agency
Pros
Always someone on the end of the phone
Cons
Worked for rapier agency for dhl loved working at DHL in warehouse admin but no job security, pay was excellent agency themselves not very helpful when my assignment was finished after 5 years expected me to sit around and wait for them to maybe find me work so they didn't have to pay me any redundancy
Pros
Working with some great people at DHL
Cons
Agency letting me know what's happening last minute
When I first started I didn't know much about recruitment I did receive some training but like any job you pick it up as you go. I did feel that if something that didn't go to plan you was made to feel guilty that it was your fault plus sometimes there was a lack of communication.
Pros
Cons
Working over and not being paid
Hours were never guaranteed each week. Some weeks you could work 3-5 days but others once a week. Always had to chase them for hours every few days. They say you work no more than 6 days a week but there was 1 week I had to work 8 days straight before I had to request at least 1 day off to recover. Quick at letting people go. Not supportive management. Have they have to be told to do an investigation when something has gone wrong. Bad company to work for.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No guaranteed hours
Got transferred to them from pertemps through no choice of my own. Load of false promises. No wageslips. No holiday pay. Until I contacted agency ombudsmen then they listened to me
Pros
Cons
Too much to list
no contact, Advertising for more staff and we cannot get any shifts, we have to phone them up all the time. they are quick to pass the blame on to the company we work for when in reality it is them.
Pros
good bunch of work mates
Cons
just lack of communication and shifts/work
They are easy to speak with and have great people to work with, the work is straightforward with having to load and unload tyres and the most enjoyable part of the job is when having to work fast and hard with the team you work with.
good worklife balance management all way on your toes very high staff turnover average shift 10 - 12 hours long a very sweaty job managment looking down on people under them
Pros
free lunched
Cons
I have worked for Rapier for a few years now and it feels like home. The staff go above and beyond and I couldn’t imagine working elsewhere. Lots of opportunities for progression and development. Very much enjoyed my time working with the Rapier Family.
The work is by text message the day before on a first come first serve basis. If you don't answer immediately you normally miss out. 8% of wages taken out by payroll company which is so unfair when you only get approx 2-3 days work a week. Great job, work quantity very hard to predict.
I had a bump in a yard where I was working and they drop me like a stone no phone calls no nothing they did not even offer me other work so I would not work for these if you had a choice
I have nothing more to add, why do you need this information, if i knew this was going to stop me from proceeding I would not have started this survey
Rapier is a great place to work. Interview process was quick with a good communication throughout. Management shows support and interest in their employees. As a team collectively everyone wants the business to do well and succeed. There is lots of opportunities to develop with great training courses available.Fantastic culture makes me feel excited getting up for work every morning!
I have worked with Rapier for over a year now, when i joined i was really impressed with the comprehensive training available. A small company with the luxury of being backed by the Pertemps Network Group means you really receive the best of both worlds. Hands on managers make issues that arise easier to resolve and there really is always someone at the end of the phone! The small teams enable everyone to get stuck in - no one is a number! If you are looking for a career and not just a job, Rapier will train and develop you as well as provide the ongoing support required for success!
Really enjoyed working at Rapier, I only left because I relocated. Has a family feel and everyone was really helpful and friendly. Senior management are knowledgeable and always on hand to offer help and guidance when needed. Not heavily targeted like a lot of agencies.
Promise you everything and deliver nothing. Senior management are very condescending, dictators, obnoxious and ruthless. Not a nice company period so glad I’m not employed by this company now.
Unappreciated, no good praise for lots of work, never good enough. Higher management have 0 people skills. The worst recruitment agency I have ever worked for. Glad to have left
  1. Employee reviews