RB

RB Employee Reviews

50% of staff are nice other half are polish. 🤷‍♀️ I met some really nice people there (some worst ones too). If you come there with permanent contract you'll be fine, but agency staff are treated poorly at RB. People work 2-3 years (some longer) to get a permanent contract. Being called "temps" are just normal there, make you feel like easy replaceable. Work is repetitive and on some packing lines permanent staff use agency staff to do jobs they don't want to do, which gives horrible back pains. Same pay for days, night shifts or weekends. High requirements for the quality, but at the same time pressure to do job faster which gives no other choice than to cut some edges and hope for the best.At the beginning of pandemic company provided free meals and drinks (which was really nice of them). All this point of view are from temp* worker 🧎
Pros
Long breaks, occasional free drinks and food
Cons
Repetitive work
The company has a way of making something that should be very easy very difficult .Training is just a tick box .Managers have very different agendas and some are not capable of telling the truth and will do anything in order to advance themselves futher up the ladder .
Pros
Going home
Cons
Most things
Self entitled people from packers to team leader to managers. horrible atmosphere and culture. there is no support from anyone (managers and quality just sit in office) as all trying to climb up that greasy ladder. alot of moaning and name calling. i was warned before starting here but was also told it used to be an inspirational place to work, it is nothing like at all. some pre3ety awful people
I work in GSA and I really enjoy the job and the people. Managers are supportive and really help you progress. The team atmosphere is great and everyone helps each other out. Moving to RB was the best decision I made.
Pros
Supportive of work life balance
Cons
To progress you may have to move I to different team
If working for a company that micro manages, then this is the place for you. I have never in my life experience this level of micro management. The company compass does not translate beyond Senior management. The job was undoubtedly miss sold.
Pros
Cons
Read above
Over managed but under staffed. The team members are great but the managers have a huge chip which seems to be a common theme. A lot of backstabbing and name calling with managers that are clearly well and truly out of their depth. Tried to speak to my Line Manager last month and they are so ignorant, only bothered about their area pay rise and not interested in the shop floor or any new ideas. I cannot understand how some people have a managers role as they are so inept at what they do everyday. Not a nice place to work but I was well and truly mis-sold this job and company
Pros
good wages
Cons
pretty much everything else, get the product out the door even if you have covid symptoms
You will be pressurized. Managers do not know what to expect and allocate work. You will not get any appreciation/consideration of your ideas. Want everything in one night, do not aware of the long process that needs to carry out to obtain results. Have no idea about new technologies and play on your head. No proper management. You will be tested on skills from out of job description and will be judged, you will be blamed for the backend work others failed to do and which does not belong to you. NOT AT A GOOD PLACE TO SUCCEED. PLEASE STAY AWAY!!!!
Pros
Salary on time
Cons
Work 18 hours a day, No support, Plays with emotions, Bully*ng, No Agile work, Fake promises
Lack of management in this place, manager bribing agency staff for favours and false promises or threaten with the sack if payment isn't received, transport management comes from admin background, no people skills, if you don't toe the line they make your life a misery, people treading on eggshells when at work, lots of back biting and 2 faced people work here, a lot of bullying and threats to people, no progression for new ideas, im glad I got out when I did after 12 years. Give this place a wide berth.
Pros
On my doorstep
Cons
Really poor management, backstabbing, bribery, bullying, non existant HR dept.
Pay is brilliant, but to work there is awful and dreaded everyday for a year. Miss sold the job in my interview and promised the world, training pack rushed. Constantly contacted on out of work hours. Management on your back from there home during the night. All your looking after it feels is your area team leaders yearly bonus. They could t care less about you.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Feel worthless
Shambles, the only people here that seem to be happy are the managers who go above and beyond to make everyone miserable. No training of safety or quality its just get onto a line and start packaging it as soon as you can. No people management as they rule by fear. it is just a stop gap for me but I see how the place is run and the way they treat people like garbage. Not nice atmosphere or place to work I think they bully people no matter if you are new or not please stay away
Pros
The water is nice and cold
Cons
Everything else. the managers are bad
Fast paced Environment under staffed vs volume of work high staff turn over zero stability. Good to gain experience but not to form a career. Hull isolated city
Pros
Canteen
Cons
Most things
I have never heard people talk to each other like this before. The managers are disgusting with the language and the way they carry themselves. After reading reviews I was not surprised but they act so unprofessionally. So many times now, I am only here for the money until I can leave as it is torture, only know how people have stayed here for years makes me wonder. Avoid this place at all costs, only take a job here if it is the last resort. Same bully managers in the same role for years no developement for them required.
RB are a fantastic bunch of people, who seem truly passionate about the products and work they do. Having said that, to prosper in this company you need that passion yourself! If the products don't excite you, the more difficult times will be that much more painful to work through (think big milestones in the project timeline). However if you have the passion, there is nothing stopping you from flourishing here. The hiring process leaves something to be desired from my personal experience; being unable to contact HR to arrange an interview date is a nightmare to say the least!
I like working at Hull except most of the team members and man techs have more knowledge and brains than the managers????????????? It sticks out like dogs............ You can say good morning to your manager and they grunt back at you, not a good example of good work practices but they are all untouchable. Apart from that the job is fine running a line I have not been trained on. Not been trained in any quality procedures as I asked my quality manager and they just brushed me off, be careful as they are all trying to climb the ladder at any expense.
All about who you are sleeping with. Fisco and Dries Dept are a pit of vipers and if you are not sleeping with the management then you are out of the circle, need to be foreign and/or sleeping with Dries female leaders....yes it will make you vomit here and its not the virus, it is filthy here
The place is a complete circus with the animals running the show/charade. Everything is stage managed for the audits but when the audits are over it is a complete mess. General theme here is the management is diabolical.
very disturbing, Ive never seen or heard so much back stabbing in one place or how bad people perform, not shop floor but managers and leaders. its as if they love to make people unhappy here. iwas never trained properly, just 2 weeks after joining I was running a packing line with a temp worker. said that I did not feel comfortable but I was informed by my leader and manager that if I did not like it I can leave immediately not nice people I have movedon quickly avoid this place at all costs cos managers are brutal
The Site operations manager (and his little group of sheep) are all of the above, in fact that is the training model for all the managers here. It is just so common for the bullying managers to speak to people like rubbish and treat them even worse. The place is run so badly from top to bottom. Apparently it was very good here but they have a syndicate of close managers that steam roll the manufacturing side. Recruitment and promotion will not happen if you do not know the circle of fat unsuccessful managers. Workforce are constantly under pressure from these low knowledgeable no experienced man managers. It is not a good place to work (in fact I've never been to a worse place) and I will never buy any products manufactured at Hull, a very miserable and poor place to work. The good managers left (probably bullied and harassed) a few years ago but this management team are terrible in every way. Cannot warn people enough to stay away from this place.
The management love to create drama and bully people. A lot of very good people have left Hull RB. Managers don't like being questioned and you can tell they are out of their depth on every fundamental key performance indicator. The managers set a poor example, they are above everyone including HR. Wages is the only good point at Hull, do not waste your time here as they will reduce you, not empower you to your potential. Could go onto Quality, Teamwork, Health and Safety, Entrepreneurship, Leadership, Communication, Man Management but it is non existent.
Pros
The pay is ok for Hull
Cons
Managers, don't seem to have the first clue. Just promote their friends
Absolutely no progression from a lab worker perspective. Management are rude and patronising. They expect you to do more work than you have the hours for and expect you to work above your pay grade but have no intention of promoting you. They’ll walk all over you if you let them, and if you’re not getting the shift allowance then the base salary is EXTREMELY poor.
  1. Employee reviews