RB

RB Employee Reviews

50% of staff are nice other half are polish. 🤷‍♀️ I met some really nice people there (some worst ones too). If you come there with permanent contract you'll be fine, but agency staff are treated poorly at RB. People work 2-3 years (some longer) to get a permanent contract. Being called "temps" are just normal there, make you feel like easy replaceable. Work is repetitive and on some packing lines permanent staff use agency staff to do jobs they don't want to do, which gives horrible back pains. Same pay for days, night shifts or weekends. High requirements for the quality, but at the same time pressure to do job faster which gives no other choice than to cut some edges and hope for the best.At the beginning of pandemic company provided free meals and drinks (which was really nice of them). All this point of view are from temp* worker 🧎
Pros
Long breaks, occasional free drinks and food
Cons
Repetitive work
If working for a company that micro manages, then this is the place for you. I have never in my life experience this level of micro management. The company compass does not translate beyond Senior management. The job was undoubtedly miss sold.
Pros
Cons
Read above
Absolutely no progression from a lab worker perspective. Management are rude and patronising. They expect you to do more work than you have the hours for and expect you to work above your pay grade but have no intention of promoting you. They’ll walk all over you if you let them, and if you’re not getting the shift allowance then the base salary is EXTREMELY poor.
They want dynamic people , but stifle anybody that shows the ability to think for themselves. The managers abuse the seasonal working hours system, chopping and changing shifts at short notice, They claim there is a no blame culture, until you do something wrong! If you stand up for yourself you are seen as disruptive. If you challenge anything your considered negative. The pay is reasonable, but the politics for me made the job impossible. If your not part of a clique, you will not survive
Pros
Pay and benefits package
Cons
Hopeless management
An 8 hours long day, supportive management,responsible for pharmaceutical production. Clean work area, member are very friendly and always smiley, not like most factories. The best factoryi I have worked.
RB company is run by a bunch off selfish clowns what a circus ain't got a clue what they are doing there very bad management woudnt recommend you work there especially in aerosol department clown management lol
their knowledge of employment law was laughable and sadly their treatment of staff as a consequence was sub standard. during a particular turbulent time they set out to mislead their employees
I worked for RB as a Man Tech - was never informed of the work during interview process and then after 3 months was 'let go' because I didn't have an apprenticeship background. I have a BSc in manufacturing engineering and 4 years experience but apparently I had a steep learning curve as I didn't have an apprenticeship. Avoid!! Avoid at all costs. Middle management will try as hard as they can to give you the boot.
Pros
Money is alright
Cons
Pack boxes, no engineering aspects, and poor management
Health and safety is "very important" but also not. Things are reported and ignored. God help you if you actually report an accident!! You are told not to botjer reporting due to the "amount of paperwork involved". Shift patterns are killers and you have no life outside because you're still so tired. Luckily i had no kids but some parents really struggled.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Poor work/life balance
Not a happy place to work. Management are ruthlessly trying to get to the top, games being played everywhere! If you do not want to go and play workplace politics then avoid. As a Man Tech there is no formal training into the roll. You are to follow all there protocols. Which means as an engineer, you can’t really engineer anything. I felt after 18months there I was highly de-skilled! Annualised hours system including 9 mandatory weekend shifts/year. System worked out at 37.5/week when I was there and was looking to be increased. System can work well for both you and the company if you don’t mind being dropped hours at a weeks notice. Wages was good Pension was good Boots shop was good.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at RB?
The company was a good place to learn, challenging environment and a lot of responsibility which is good for development. Management was looking for opportunities to improve ways of working but in the last years there have been many changes in management and direction, job roles disappeared and some changed to manage 2 sites instead of one. This lead to overloaded roles and less attention to details. Now poor management/direction and a talented people are leaving the company.
Pros
Extremely dynamic, fast pace and higly commercially driven.
Cons
No clear development path and rols are overloaded so mistakes happen all the time.
development and execution of marketing plans targeting HCPs across 6 power brands. creating detailing and training materials Coming from a pharmacy background the company were very welcoming and enabled me to develop the skills I needed to move into marketing RB has a work hard culture but the rewards for this make up for it.
Pros
ownership of projects
Cons
long ours
Challenging work environment "swim or sink" attitude, however great autonomy and culture driven by results: good company for achievers, avoid if you want a healthy work life balance.
Pros
Great brands
Cons
The environment both on the shop floor or the canteen is very clean and relaxing. Staff are very friendly and management are very understanding. A great place to work
Very challenging environment where only people with the Go get it attitude can survive.
Pros
Freedom to define your own career
Cons
Ever changing environment, need to constantly adapt in a very short notice