Reckitt
Happiness score is 52 out of 100

Reckitt Employee Reviews

United Kingdom198 reviews

Found 198 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,352 reviews

FMCG - fast paced, meaningful, competitive benefits, clear goals

Working in manufacturing is fast paced and no two days are the same. The work that we do matters and being a global blue chip the company has a very competitive pay and rewards package. Internal opportunities within are abundant and the number of long serving employees is abundant - Reckitt offers a long and prosperous career.

Fast paced

Very challenging and tough environment. Fast paced and not for faint hearted. The different areas seem to stay to themselves which makes training very difficult.

Insights into Reckitt

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energising work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment

Great

Greater time for your new staff and staff members and clients and your staff member needs a great help and helpful staff and friendly service and service staff is friendly

Good place to start

If you are starting out then this is a good place to start! There is a culture of “if you kiss a**e in the lab, you get promoted” so it’s not a good place for experienced analysts.

Pros

Cheap products for workers, pension, good canteen, easy to get to

Cons

Salary, too clicky

Extremely poor training for such a reputable company.

Advised during my first week of training you will have a buddy for 3-6 months. A lie. Very abusive individuals training. Stressful for the money. Really regret leaving my previous job for this. Overly complicated computer system not used by all, processes can be simplified. People swearing and screaming in the warehouse. Embarassing. Also the canteen compared to the posh one for the warehouse and production members is proper pogger.

Pros

Money I guess.

Cons

Overly complicated use of system. Certain people do not want to train you.

Lovely but overworked people

Great teams all-round although found it quite a stagnant place to work, very little upwards movement visible unless you've been there 15+ years. Appears to have a good graduate scheme though that really gets them stuck in and is well-regarded.

Pathetic management

Too much stress and pathetic culture managed by useless people who do not know what theyare doing or meant to do. Generally a horrible place to work.

Pros

Cons

Long hours and incompetent management

Very stressful, little management support

On the surface, looks like a great place to work but it's entirely dependent on your line manager.Well paid, but expect a lot for the salary. Was bullied by a colleague, but didn't get much support from management. They just kept saying they were knew the other person had problems at home and were handling it, however, not much evidence. Didn't back me up even when my manager acknowledged issues were caused by the other colleague. Lost job and qualified for furlough, but they refused and told me to claim benefits. Shocking lack of compassion for a company that is supposed to be all about improving lives.

Pros

Good salary, paid 'Give Back' days, generous holiday allowance, Staff shop very cheap for branded products.

Cons

Lost of pressure, stress, difficult targets, little managementsupport.

Challenging and productive working environment

Fast paced company where career is everything. Great team of people all supportive and work together but expectations are high. Long hours of work but lots of job satisfactions. Good training opportunities and chance to travel too.

Pros

Opportunity to progress

Cons

Good people but bad benefits and stress

Whilst there are some great people to work with, the company does not have great benefits compared to similar roles at other large companies within the area. The facilities can also be great if you work in particular areas however it is not consistent across the site. The work itself can be interesting and it is very fast moving, on the other hand there is never enough resource, and having too much resource is always a massive issue whereas overworked teams is expected. The management is person dependent and the subsequent level of support/progression. There is massively inconsistent progression across the board, with a culture of "who you know".

Pros

Good facilities, interesting work

Cons

Underpaid, overworked, culture

Fast pace

The travel expected fir the two week induction was more than any I’ve expoI drive about 900 miles it was enough to make me unwell We turned up at the hotel for part of the induction and no one has paid fir the rooms, we had to pay and claim it back, I’ve never experienced this beforeThe expenses system is very complicated

Pros

Good benefits and above average pay

Cons

Long hours and the area I had was too big

Great work benefits but hard to progress

Reckitt provide amazing support, a great package when it comes to maternity, pensions, shares etc but when comparing pay against other companies for the same role and expectations it doesn’t compare. It’s also very hard to progress despite fulfilling everything I order to do so which means great staff often leave the company for better opportunities and the turnover is high

Pros

Employee benefits, food at work

Cons

Lack of progression and support

Good benefits, terrible atmosphere

Work environment is stressful and political, management provide very little support or interest in employees. Not a job you look forward to going to, mainly clock watching. Very little praise, mainly spoken to only to be told what to do or told off for not doing something as they want.

Pros

Decent pay and pension

Cons

Atmosphere and attitude

Back stabbing

Face must fit to succeed Management are very weak and middle management are very poor and always have to ask the next level up.Completely money orientated and can be ruthless with temporary staff from one month to another calling them back when they are desperate. If you want to succeed just say yes to everything they want as if management get an idea in their head you won’t change it so you are made to carry on and make it work.Love wasting money on menial things but won’t pay out unless you have 100 years of data for a failure on your machine.

Pros

Pension, staff shop.

Cons

Weak management, working with extremely unskilled workers creates problems, canteen

reckitts employment

very busy working environment employees over exceed themselves, with heart , for there work ethic , management let reckitts name down as employees go over and beyond ,

Like a trip to the dentist

The company has a way of making something that should be very easy very difficult .Training is just a tick box .Managers have very different agendas and some are not capable of telling the truth and will do anything in order to advance themselves futher up the ladder .

Pros

Going home

Cons

Most things

Terrible, I was warned

Self entitled people from packers to team leader to managers. horrible atmosphere and culture. there is no support from anyone (managers and quality just sit in office) as all trying to climb up that greasy ladder. alot of moaning and name calling. i was warned before starting here but was also told it used to be an inspirational place to work, it is nothing like at all. some pre3ety awful people

I work in GSA and I really enjoy the job and the people. Managers are supportive and really help you progress. The team atmosphere is great and everyone helps each other out. Moving to RB was the best decision I made.

Pros

Supportive of work life balance

Cons

To progress you may have to move I to different team

Excelente

En general el ambiente de trabajo es muy bueno.Es competitivo pero saludable

Pros

Seguro medico

Decent shop floor people but hard to find a decent manager in the factory, office staff and higher ie HR treat you like something they've stood in

Good money, decent people in the factory but after that all down hillThe higher the job description the bigger an idiot they become You are nothing to them but a number, but to there credit there is continuity from been a new starter to been there a very long time you are still treated with the same contempt and mean nothing to themWith the amount of rework, call backs and waste the only reason it keeps open and making profit is because most of the products are made with 65% water

Pros

Free lunches, covid sweetener

Cons

Tried to give it no stars but couldn't

Over managed but under staffed. The team members are great but the managers have a huge chip which seems to be a common theme. A lot of backstabbing and name calling with managers that are clearly well and truly out of their depth. Tried to speak to my Line Manager last month and they are so ignorant, only bothered about their area pay rise and not interested in the shop floor or any new ideas. I cannot understand how some people have a managers role as they are so inept at what they do everyday. Not a nice place to work but I was well and truly mis-sold this job and company

Pros

good wages

Cons

pretty much everything else, get the product out the door even if you have covid symptoms

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reckitt. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Reckitt with

• Reckitt
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?