Redbridge College

Redbridge College Employee Reviews

It was a good place to work at as the staff was friendly. Students came from different ethnic backgrounds . The staff often got opportunities to develop themselves with continuous CPD courses. Management put teachers under too much pressure during observations and OFSTED You couldn’t enjoy teaching as the paperwork preparation was too intense and took too much time .
Pros
Increment of salary with new qualifications
Cons
Too much paperwork, always a problem with schemes of work, lesson plans, etc New management, new paperwork
The most negative educational establishment I have encountered. This was due to the lack of organisation of the course I was part of and the negative, depressing attitude of the tutors.
Pros
I gained my HND qualification.
Cons
Tutors, Organisation.
Interesting job where no two days are the same. combine this with four children and being on call for the RNLI & first responders when im on Mersea Island keeps my life busy
Pros
good holidays
Cons
dealing with some students who dont want to be there
I was given the opportunity to work and gain a teaching qualification at Redbridge, while I was doing so i gained experience working with students and coaching. It was a great opportunity to work in education and gain confidence.
I loved being at Redbridge Campus. Redbridge taught me a lot of the things I know today such as, being a nice and friendly person. Helped me pass everything I needed to. The teachers and Staff were so welcoming there.
Pros
Nice lunches, Subway is there and nice people
Cons
Long to get to on a morning due to traffic
This was the most entertaining job and experience I have ever had. was brilliant, loved every minute of everyday and the children were fantastic. Still coaching every now and again since this job, just amazing and good wage.
Pros
everything
Cons
I was working here for work experience, honestly felt like I was treated well and I made friend and I learned a lot about the chefing world. Honestly a great place to work.
Fast paced, busy working environment dependant on job role. I learnt a lot over my 5 year time period at the college and progressed into 4 different job roles which involved promotions. Difficult working environment, due to constant restructures and now a merger. Staff are on a low morale due to constant poor changes. Hardest part of the job poor communication college wide. Seeing the positive results you achieve first hand getting the student on the right course, or providing them with support.
manager always sick, talking behind your back and so did sister when staff are on holiday,area manger not supportive when put in grievance either and just brushed it off under the carpet
The college has got great learning environment with its quiet and superb location.In this job I have got this opportunity to learn more about the language myself. My colleagues are nice and very helpful people.
Pros
My local college easy to get to
Cons
Less pay
Good college to study IT with helpful teachers and good facilitates to give you the best chance of success, i have learned a lot here and intend on doing my year 2 of my level 3 because of the progress i am making currently.
Pros
Only 3 days a week, open activities to learn and explore, helpful staff
Cons
closes early.
working as a team, learning new skills every day. cooking high standard food. college was very helpful and the staff worked hard to help you all they can.
Avoid at all cost or run the risk of your career going pear shaped. Poor management and bullying culture. If you are of colour, avoid at all cost. You will be discriminated and bullied on a daily basis!
Pros
Break to escape from the workplace
Cons
bullying, poor management and racism
A typical day would be to Prepare beds Take booking from clients Meet and greet people Work as part of a team Carry out treatments Learning Anatomy and Physiology Help co-workers The hardest part of the job was learning all the bones in the body The enjoyable part of the job was doing treatments
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Worked in a very busy front of house customer services department, dealing with students, parents/carers and members of the public Filing and archiving student files from the previous academic year Preparing for a forthcoming local authority audit and ensuring the paperwork could uphold scrutiny Assisting with cross college business support areas as and when required Management was always on hand to help, give advice and was willing to adapt to our needs. I have never come across such friendly, approachable and passionate staff as I did at Redbridge College. I have honestly learnt from this experience the importance and value of maintaining professionalism within any workplace. Moreover the administrative staff within educational institutes are the foundation of the business. Was the long hours of the day and the time taken to travel to and from home was the most difficult part of the job. I enjoyed all aspects of the job but especially enjoyed forming part of the learner voice interview selection panel, when interviewing for lecturers My greatest achievement was when I was asked to return to the College as to form part of the judging panel of the learner talent show and also be guest vocal artist. Following this I was asked to perform at the college’s charity gala dinner
Pros
Gaining great experience
Cons
No free lunch
Going college to learn something to help me for my future and achieving something at the end of every year.
  1. Employee reviews