RedCross

Working at RedCross: 25 RedCross Reviews

Becoming an events first aider has been the best thing i have done.

Redcross are great in looking after their staff. With plenty of benefits from plenty of training to being able to travel. Although it is voluntry work the benifits of the job definatly make up for it

Nice work-life balance

The work-life balance is good. Salary could have been better. International experience working with colleagues having culturally diverse backgrounds.

Meh

It took a union for them to be forced to treat us fair. They took away sick pay, they took away holiday parties. It turned into nothing but a profit house for the higher ups.

It’s an assembly line, you’re nothing but a number, very poor communication and management is bottom of the barrel.

Hours are horrible if you have any life whatsoever outside of work. Forget about drs appointments, anything you would need to do during 9-5 hours. Vacation you will earn but won’t be able to use. You earn floating holidays but again due to not being able to keep staff you can hang that up too. Personal issues, death in the family, if you don’t get your shift covered you will be written up, regardless of the issue. There is absolutely no team it’s one man for himself. You will meet some really nice coworkers but they will be gone before you can barely learn their name. You can move up really fast, but only because they need a body in that position and if they haven’t worked you to death yet that will be you. You will make pretty good money but definitely not enough for the work that is expected, and believe nothing is good enough. If your schedule says 4am-3pm you can almost count on being done at 5 or later. If you’re the driver chances are you will be unloading and putting up all supplies from that day by yourself. Communication is basically nonexistent unless some major big dogs catch wind of it. Employees will be written up for attendance but not work performance so you will likely have a staff that disappears or just flat out won’t work during a blood drive. Some of the conditions you can expect to work in is very hot or cold rooms. Pretty much literally anywhere a bed can be put you can expect to work. You MIGHT get a 30 min break but you can absolutely forget a 15 min break. That is figured into your driving to and from the work site. Chances are you won’t be able to leave -

Pros

Cons

Short or no breaks, pay, very poor management and scheduling, nonexistent communication

It was good experience to be working thetex

I really liked working there even though it was voluntary work nice lady's to work for loved the freebies I could take home that was a bonus helping others that worked there

Pros

Free smoko

Cons

To long of day when you finish early

I was discriminated against because of a disability. They refused to accommodate me

I was hired on as a disabled person with a variety of mental health and physical issues. Primarily I’m dealing with late stage cirrhosis of the liver. This usually means the onslaught of encephalopathy, which is a form of dementia. I had some short term memory issues that could’ve been accommodated. They refused.

Pros

Some good people

Cons

I had an anxious compulsive and abusive supervisor.

Bad just bad

They ask you to be available for them on the drop of a hat. They give you 3 days you should work for them however they dont always work you so you miss out on hours. They do not pay enough. You may get 0 hours one week and 10 the next. Noome can live off of that

Great experience

Had a great opportunity working with great people. It was very friendly place to work at. Our team was great, helped a lot of people who were in need.

It was a fun, safe environment for all of us employees to enjoy.

This was a great experience for me to be a member of the red cross organization of America because it was helpful enough to test my skills in order to show what it takes to be a lifeguard.I've learned CPR, First Aid, and how to react when the person remains unconscious make sure to call first responders right away. The workplace was fun, we were provided with free food and have long enough brakes such as depending to how many patrons are in the pool. The hardest part of the job was the training exercises in order to prepare for the worst.

Some where in Maryland there are families that recently may have suffered a home disaster. when that has happen i would open a new case for them so that, that family can receive funds, food and shelter thru the Red Cross. I love working there because of the help i give to families in need of our help.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at RedCross?

Great job

Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights up to 20 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential including sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions

Great employees.

It is not a stable place of employment for me. It requires a lot of drive and no mileage reimbursement. They don't reimburse for gas or pay you to go to the job sight unless you go out of your way to pick up a Red Cross vehicle.

Pros

Free Lunches for training and meetings

Cons

Not enough hours for all the traveling we have to.

I love helping people in need

I have several duties with redcross as well as caseworker. I am after hours duty officer and I dispatch responders as well as responding. I am a volunteer.

Best experinece

Great team. helped me learn a lot from going to different places by helping people after the disasters. I have learnt a lot by going out of states and working with different people around. They provide a lot of benefits to families who can't afford to pay for the houses or food.

great work place with good coworkers

the most hardest part is trying to get swimmers to listen to the rules but the good thing about it is they not to disrespectful.

Pros

long enough break time

Cons

shorten your hours if it rains

it is a supportive organisation

working in this company taught me alot.. I can be able to handle pressure and give more support ..and can be able to speak ,I can deal with conflicts.

Cons

satisfying hours

nice place to work

the coworker are good to work with .show up get equipment to gether make up ice load truck or bus drive to sit set up do blood drive tare down load truck drive back un load put up equipment .

Pros

meat nice people

Cons

never no what time you going to get off

fun work place

while doing this job i feel myself working for society,i worked many camps conducted by red cross and has given awareness to people about donation of blood and what is it uses to you and to fellow man kind.

best place to work for

just an over all top charity sell everything and the people who work there want to work there. with lots to do you don`t get board easy.

Pros

Fun, pick your hours, talk to people, experience in retal

Cons

don`t get paid unless your management

Good company to work with, even as a contractor

Most of my work involved documenting in progress API development so that 3rd party users could take advantage of it when we were finished. Work environment was very relaxed, even during a crunch.

Pros

Got to set my own hours, boss was okay with working from home as long as the work got done.

Cons

Contract position

productive and fun work place

the typical day of work is people go and take a blood they replace them with there own blood I learn how to explain to the people nicely My co-workers helps me if they see i things i can't handle and i do so also Hardest part of this job is those people doesn't want to explains by us on what are the requirements before they can take what thet want

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RedCross. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement