Reed

Reed Employee Reviews

Good to work for. Least thing u do wrong there onto you which is good and makes you realise of there professionalismGreat benefits.Hard to get a reference off them when you leave Didn't get many hours Pay was poor Mileage was good 45p per mile
Pros
Holiday pay
Cons
Not many care packages within my area
Management were very poor, offered no support and always looked to blame their colleagues for their own failings. Very little progression offered and no understanding of how people should be treated.
It's an agency, once they left me without my wages so I had to wait two weeks for my money and I was paid weekly, that is not good when you've bills to pay, even if you do a good job the pay they give you is quite small
Pros
Early start early finish
Cons
Depends on what job you go for
Perhaps others would enjoy the work/company, but I cannot say I am one. Management (and the work culture in general) are disingenuous and condescending. Feel the job description of my role wasn't honest about the work environment or the company.
Plenty going on in the health & social care side for gaining experience and for earning extra income.Local authorities and private opportunities.Office team are ace, and do an amazing job.
Pros
Flexible contracts
Cons
Pay, but that is health and social care sector full stop.
i work for reed and have done for the last 7 years. There used to be plenty of work with decent pay.I struggle getting miniumum wage there now and you get zero information from your consultants.managers only care about getting you in a role as you get them money.When you are in a long term role you get forgot about and get no support or supervioson. If anything goes wrong with a placement Reed do not support you in any way.Manager and consulatants rude over the phone.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
long hours, low pay, dont know what you are walkinh into, no support
He was the stepping stone and support needed to secure my dream job, I couldn't be happier and since then it only gets better, after only 4 months in a temporary role, I secured myself a permanent position and I'm right where I want to be helping the public and using my passion in Customer Service, Forever in gratitude for his professionalism and support to open that door in such an uncertain time that we are now in, This time last year I would never have dreamed to be doing the job I love and working with an amazing company after previously working the same job for 10 years, Take the leap, go for it if you are reading this and unsure then don't delay, I can highly recommend Jonathon at Reed Recruitment.and Reed are not like every other recruiter out there, they actually treat you like a person which is so valuable.
When I started this job, I met a lot of great people who took the time to help train me and explain what they do and how everything works. My team members were very supportive and I quickly grew to appreciate them as friends. My account director gave constructive advice and recognised when I was doing a particularly good job, regularly thanking me for the work and effort that I put in on a daily basis.Unfortunately, I got made redundant with zero notice at the beginning of lockdown after being reassured just days before that everybody in my team would be retaining their jobs. We went from a team of 12 to a team of 6 in about 2 weeks with no offer of furlough.
Reed is not a bad company to work for they got me a placement in Education which I really enjoyed the only problem was they seemed to care more for the organisation they placed staff in rather then the staff. However they did put the agency staff on furlough through them during the March lock down which was helpful.
Pros
Good placement
Cons
Hours to short
professional recruitment agency. typical day work environment was always fun and relaxed workplace culture. i was offered the right level of support every step of the way. Response to my communication was also very quick.
Once your in the job your left to your own devices. It's all support and care at the start. Then on to the moment there's a problem no one seems to take responsibility. I sit waiting to hear about wages etc and no honest repsonse. I adored my job but chasing information from the agency was the most stressful part and sadly had to leave as payment was refused and delayed. Still payment chasing up to now
Pros
Good pay ( when they do)
Cons
Bad communication
Awaited assignments Offer of assignments via telephone and e-mail Acceptance of assignments Reed confirmed by sending full details of position and start date via e-mail Staff were always contactable and helpful
Pros
Salary paid on time
Cons
Not liaising with same recruitment consultant
I was only at reed as a consultant for 2 weeks ad the pandemic started and I was let go. However during that time I enjoyed the work. I also temped for them for 6 months prior to my employment as a consultant. I found them to be good communicators and always at the end of the phone if I had a query. They always ask to meet a candidate so they can look for work appropriate for them
Pros
great hours
Cons
no parking
It's a wonderful company to work with. Nice team and management. The work life balance is also good. The work pressure is not much. And the team and management is supportive.
Enjoyed working for Reed and would be happy to work for them again.They communicated frequently,polite and professional. Did there best by their clients
Pros
flexible working
Cons
work not always available
Fast paced but laid back. Management and team leaders were friendly, we were allowed to eat at our desks as long as we didn't make a mess. The office was very busy and had to multitask between auditing and taking phone calls.
I have been registered for temporary work at Reed since 2018. The staff are very approachable and keenly respond to emails and look for suitable positions for me.
Good Experience. Good work ethic amongst team at OCC and Reed. Structured and good teem feeling to the work day. i would reccomend Reed and OCC - Oxford City council.
Reed look after all their employee very well, their payment is regular and always correct at all time, their basic pay rate is encouraging indeed, all security employees working in good team player at work place.
Worked for a great manager within a quality close knit team. Not micro managed, left to get on with job and hit targets. Excellent team culture in the office. Overall company issues complicated things by the end
I learnt a lot about recruitment in my short time at REED. They give you lots of opportunities for development and learning which has been a great benefit for me going forward with my career.
  1. Employee reviews