Reed
Happiness score is 70 out of 100

Reed Employee Reviews

United Kingdom353 reviews

Bad representative

The representative was never in good mood and always trying to avoid issues related to the job he got us to do and financial problems aswell, to avoid

Ok place to work.

All about the money and their margins.Staff and management can be very two faced. No work life balance or flexibility. Vigorous interview process.

Insights into Reed

• Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Great Culture, Poor Senior Management

Excellent company to work for in the sense of the people and culture. Unfortunately the senior management team let the place down with very little support.

Fun

I worked for the nhs covid lab and they were very good at sorting out my pay if an error did occurs. Very quick at responding to troubles and there is good pay

Pros

Hours

Cons

Stress

Fun workplaces

I love working at Reed online. It's exciting to work because of the flexibility it offers for a great work life balance and super helpful and friendly team members.

High pressure workplace

It was ok , always going to be targets and KPI’s to hit , but not always a good environment. Can be a very up and down place and you can feel there is little praise when doing well.

Pros

Incentives and commissions

Cons

Management attitude towards performance, Little praise.

Awful company

Lost a lot of work through mis bookings.....turned up at the wrong homes for a pastime due to miscommunication......basically the company gives you a bad name.....you are that person from Reed, the company that has awful management problems....

Pros

Good money

Cons

Bad name

Poor Management & communication

Reed (Cambridge) are failing as a temp employer. No training in 3 years, out of date DBS, out of date ID badge, no work offered when its available. Avoid!

Pros

Enjoy the working environment

Cons

Do not honour DBS repayment pledge

Approachable

Good to work for. Least thing u do wrong there onto you which is good and makes you realise of there professionalismGreat benefits.Hard to get a reference off them when you leave Didn't get many hours Pay was poor Mileage was good 45p per mile

Pros

Holiday pay

Cons

Not many care packages within my area

Poor Management

Management were very poor, offered no support and always looked to blame their colleagues for their own failings. Very little progression offered and no understanding of how people should be treated.

As long as you turn up it will ok be ok

It's an agency, once they left me without my wages so I had to wait two weeks for my money and I was paid weekly, that is not good when you've bills to pay, even if you do a good job the pay they give you is quite small

Pros

Early start early finish

Cons

Depends on what job you go for

Not the Greatest

Perhaps others would enjoy the work/company, but I cannot say I am one. Management (and the work culture in general) are disingenuous and condescending. Feel the job description of my role wasn't honest about the work environment or the company.

Great to build experience

Plenty going on in the health & social care side for gaining experience and for earning extra income.Local authorities and private opportunities.Office team are ace, and do an amazing job.

Pros

Flexible contracts

Cons

Pay, but that is health and social care sector full stop.

flexible but no suport from mangers

i work for reed and have done for the last 7 years. There used to be plenty of work with decent pay.I struggle getting miniumum wage there now and you get zero information from your consultants.managers only care about getting you in a role as you get them money.When you are in a long term role you get forgot about and get no support or supervioson. If anything goes wrong with a placement Reed do not support you in any way.Manager and consulatants rude over the phone.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

long hours, low pay, dont know what you are walkinh into, no support

Jonathon at Reed opened the door to my dream job

He was the stepping stone and support needed to secure my dream job, I couldn't be happier and since then it only gets better, after only 4 months in a temporary role, I secured myself a permanent position and I'm right where I want to be helping the public and using my passion in Customer Service, Forever in gratitude for his professionalism and support to open that door in such an uncertain time that we are now in, This time last year I would never have dreamed to be doing the job I love and working with an amazing company after previously working the same job for 10 years, Take the leap, go for it if you are reading this and unsure then don't delay, I can highly recommend Jonathon at Reed Recruitment.and Reed are not like every other recruiter out there, they actually treat you like a person which is so valuable.

Good job with great team members but zero job security and mediocre pay

When I started this job, I met a lot of great people who took the time to help train me and explain what they do and how everything works. My team members were very supportive and I quickly grew to appreciate them as friends. My account director gave constructive advice and recognised when I was doing a particularly good job, regularly thanking me for the work and effort that I put in on a daily basis.Unfortunately, I got made redundant with zero notice at the beginning of lockdown after being reassured just days before that everybody in my team would be retaining their jobs. We went from a team of 12 to a team of 6 in about 2 weeks with no offer of furlough.

Production operator

I am working in really hard fill which lead us to a assembly operator. I am working in mason n king were I am robot operator. We us to jcb parts for caterpillar.

Pros

Robot operative

Cons

8 hours per day

Education

Reed is not a bad company to work for they got me a placement in Education which I really enjoyed the only problem was they seemed to care more for the organisation they placed staff in rather then the staff. However they did put the agency staff on furlough through them during the March lock down which was helpful.

Pros

Good placement

Cons

Hours to short

productive

professional recruitment agency. typical day work environment was always fun and relaxed workplace culture. i was offered the right level of support every step of the way. Response to my communication was also very quick.

suicide

Once your in the job your left to your own devices. It's all support and care at the start. Then on to the moment there's a problem no one seems to take responsibility. I sit waiting to hear about wages etc and no honest repsonse. I adored my job but chasing information from the agency was the most stressful part and sadly had to leave as payment was refused and delayed. Still payment chasing up to now

Pros

Good pay ( when they do)

Cons

Bad communication

Assignments

Awaited assignments Offer of assignments via telephone and e-mail Acceptance of assignments Reed confirmed by sending full details of position and start date via e-mail Staff were always contactable and helpful

Pros

Salary paid on time

Cons

Not liaising with same recruitment consultant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reed. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • Reed
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?