Reed
Happiness score is 67 out of 100

Reed Employee Reviews in Manchester

Manchester21 reviews

recruitmentagencycandidateroleconsultantsuitprogressiontemporary

Fast Paced but laid back.

Fast paced but laid back. Management and team leaders were friendly, we were allowed to eat at our desks as long as we didn't make a mess. The office was very busy and had to multitask between auditing and taking phone calls.

Not the Greatest

Perhaps others would enjoy the work/company, but I cannot say I am one. Management (and the work culture in general) are disingenuous and condescending. Feel the job description of my role wasn't honest about the work environment or the company.

Insights into Reed

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager

Great team and manager in Manchester Office

Worked for a great manager within a quality close knit team. Not micro managed, left to get on with job and hit targets. Excellent team culture in the office. Overall company issues complicated things by the end

Challenging and rewarding

Very fast paced environment but challenging for the right person. If you are looking for a company to excel and to facilitate your growth REED is fantastic.

Productive workplace

Productive and friendly workplace, great opportunities for progression, good staff benefits, positive working environment and company culture. Would reccomend.

Fast-paced, but friendly and sociable, modern office

Fast-paced, but friendly and sociable, modern office; busy with recruitment consultants and regular visitors. Flexible hours, good sense of teamwork and a good energy about the business.

Backward company

Do not do it!!!! Not forward thinking in the slightest Stone Age sales and management techniques still living in the past thinking they are the uk’s number one! What’s worse is they could be really good if they listened!

Nice place to work

Very friendly and interesting place to work,management are very professional and caring intrested In solving problems for staffs and they provide good customer service to their clients

hours

you barely get hours, management are just as confused, sometimes you go unpaid, management will cut your pay as a means of punishment. Some of the packages you work on will not get covered so you will work ridiculous hours esp after nightshifts.

Love Mondays.

I have been at REED a while now and I may not have senior position or play a vital part in the day to day running of the business but when it comes to working for the company they do notice the hard work and efforts of everyone. In the time I have been there I have progressed into roles, helped out other teams during busy times and feel my both my former and current team leader/managers have always trusted me with more senior tasks and encouraged me to think about progression. My only gripes would be the new pay structure makes it impossible for you to achieve targets and in turn get a bonus - I do hope this is revised soon as it’s created a lack of enthusiasm amongst other screening executives which creates a negative working environment at times. I would also recommend when they push for progression they also provide adequate training and support when someone is successful - not everyone will have experience in TL roles so when they can talk the talk during the interviewing process they severely struggle to walk the walk after being selected for the roles.

Easy Flexible

There is a great opportunity for flexibility with this role but there is also some unreliability with clients. However, when you become attached to a service user, this job gets easier and more rewarding.

Good Agency

I worked for Manchester City Council I did general office filing, sending emails and copying. I really enjoyed my coworkers I appreciated the flex time

Pros

Flex time

Cons

Lack of leadership training leading to poor management

Reed

Great company to work for - well structured, good training and development and a well respected brand to work for. Large global company that provides multiple options to develop career

Pros

Training and development

Cons

processes can be long winded

good pay and hours of work

really nice group of people to work for, very helpful and work around hours required by you, learn many skills through different types of jobs you do.

Very corpoate but good first job in this world

A good place to work if you are starting up in recruitment. Intense induction which really helps. Very corporate, long days but worth it. Intense management but only makes you more focused.

Great internship

The internship has given me a fantstic insight into what a career in HR involves. The team have ensured that I have been heavily involved in the work they do and always make sure that I am getting the most of my internship.

management

A typical day at reed is very busy but what I enjoyed about reed is everyday is a learning day. I have learned a lot and picked up skills that I can easily transfer to any business. The staffs are amazing you come across very helpful and supportive staffs at reed however I could not say the same about the leaders and manager at reed recruitment. The team leaders are very unprofessional, their professionalism very poor, their body language and general behaviour towards staffs and candidates its actually very disgusting and unsupportive and not very helpful, team leaders are not sympathy towards you, if you was so face any difficulties or problems or issues they are very hard to approach and not very understanding to your concerns. Their management is very disorganised, a lot of they say one thing and deliver another not true to their promises when it comes to meeting staffs expectations. Managers and team leaders tend to stress you out with unrealistic targets and management, and the training is very bad unless you come across a staff to guild you through. Their so much more to say more cons then pros but I shall stop. Working at reed in Manchester in the dean gate office has to be the best worst company I have worked for so far

Pros

lovely staffs

Cons

unsuppotive team leaders and mananagement lack of holidays given

Excellent place to work, fun and great colleagues

Great place to work, colleagues were brilliant and excellent career progression. Potential for qualification opportunities. Left due to relocation opportunity to Belfast including promotion.

Pros

Good commission rate

Cons

Work/Life balance was very wrong

Good incentives and salary

Cut throat culture.People coming and going all the time. Good holidays and pay package. Fun working environment in Manchester.

Pros

Good pay, holidays, pension

Cons

High turnover of staff

Reed was a really fun and cool place to work, I learned alot about the whole recruitment process. There was not much room for management progression which was not ideal. I really enjoyed working with all my colleges at Reed

Pros

Center of Manchester

Professional Working Environment

Reed Social Care is an Agency who people work for. Reed Social Care provide employment for who they consider would be suitable for certain job roles that are catered for within the Social Care and Human Resources sector/field.

Pros

flexible working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reed. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement