Reed
Happiness score is 67 out of 100

Reed Employee Reviews in Southampton

Southampton7 reviews

recruitmentagencycandidateroleconsultantsuitprogressiontemporary

Good job with great team members but zero job security and mediocre pay

When I started this job, I met a lot of great people who took the time to help train me and explain what they do and how everything works. My team members were very supportive and I quickly grew to appreciate them as friends. My account director gave constructive advice and recognised when I was doing a particularly good job, regularly thanking me for the work and effort that I put in on a daily basis.Unfortunately, I got made redundant with zero notice at the beginning of lockdown after being reassured just days before that everybody in my team would be retaining their jobs. We went from a team of 12 to a team of 6 in about 2 weeks with no offer of furlough.

fast based

Fast paced, professional business. Very systems led and big reliance on Reed web site/ have under gone a lot of reorganisation and restructure in past year and still bedding in the changes.

Insights into Reed

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager

A good company that despite its size manages to maintain a small company feeling in a positive sense.

A typical day involves arriving at work and responding to or sending any emails that have come in since close of play the previous day. Once this is done I would devote the rest of the morning to business development calls, scheduling meetings and attending clients businesses. After lunch I would focus on candidates, answering queries or proposing suitable candidates to my clients. I would wrap the day up by drawing up a prioritised task list for the following day. The culture of the business is both driven and positive. The role is challenging but the best part of the job is winning new business, the worst would be telling applicants that they have been unsuccessful.

Supportive and Enthusiastic

Match your skill and abilities to employment positions available. Keen to help. Up to date and supportive , guiding you to a better work life balance.

Pros

Supportive

Cons

Not Permenant

Productive and fun workplace

In my latest jobs I´ve learnt a variety of skill thanks to the training the company provided me and thanks t the work team. The most enjoible part of the work is supporting the service users in their best interest and see the progresion that they have day to day.

It is adventurous working for reed. You are never at the same place. You get to work in different sector and experience new skills.

Friendly

Various Temp roles Inputting Invoice data into Finance systems Reconciling Supplier statements Processing Employee Credit Card purchases

Pros

Varied work

Cons

No stability

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reed. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Reed with

• Reed
  • Southampton
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?