Reed

Recruitment Consultant26 reviews
United Kingdom26 reviews

recruitmentagencycandidateroleconsultantsuitprogressiontemporary

Great place to work!

REED is a great place to work! Very fast paced, great people and great culture. It feels as if REED among the offices are a whole, which I really like!

Ok place to work.

All about the money and their margins.Staff and management can be very two faced. No work life balance or flexibility. Vigorous interview process.

Insights into Reed

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

High pressure workplace

It was ok , always going to be targets and KPI’s to hit , but not always a good environment. Can be a very up and down place and you can feel there is little praise when doing well.

Pros

Incentives and commissions

Cons

Management attitude towards performance, Little praise.

hard work but good team spirit

I was only at reed as a consultant for 2 weeks ad the pandemic started and I was let go. However during that time I enjoyed the work. I also temped for them for 6 months prior to my employment as a consultant. I found them to be good communicators and always at the end of the phone if I had a query. They always ask to meet a candidate so they can look for work appropriate for them

Pros

great hours

Cons

no parking

Interesting and productive

I learnt a lot about recruitment in my short time at REED. They give you lots of opportunities for development and learning which has been a great benefit for me going forward with my career.

Great recruitment company to work for

If you work hard you get great financial benefits both short and long term. Great training provided over your first 2 years with encouragement to start an apprenticship.

productive and fun work place

busy and varied work load. coping with high pressure situations and tight deadlines. Using strong communication skills to build relationships between candidate and client.

Stressful, underappreciated and unsupportive expereince

During my time at Reed, I struggled to maintain a relationship with my colleagues, as they had worked there for an extended period of time, this made becoming part of the team extremely difficult. I was repeatedly promised assistance and support, which never materialised. Therefore I never looked forward to attending my working days. The Manager was initially supportive, but was quick to place blame if something didn't go right, regardless of previous conversations, and you flagging problems before they materialised. You are very much expected to work above and beyond your contacted hours, with no benefit or financial gain. The manager somewhat made you feel guilty for leaving after you had finished your working day, even if you had stayed a little extra, it was never enough. The location of the office meant that it was becoming increasingly more expensive to park, and there was no company car park or assistance with payments for parking.

Great For Skills

fantastic for personal development and training for account management and negotiation, Reed do invest a lot of time and money into up skilling the right candidates

Pros

Good Socials

Cons

KPI Driven / Micro Mangaed

good team

calling candidates and trying to develop business to supply to the construction industry. very cut throat and not many people willing to give guidance.

Company culture

Client visits Business Development Management Good company work ethic.... excellent training and development Excellent management support Hardest part of the job / now work life balance

Pros

Training and development

Cons

Management decisions

A good company that despite its size manages to maintain a small company feeling in a positive sense.

A typical day involves arriving at work and responding to or sending any emails that have come in since close of play the previous day. Once this is done I would devote the rest of the morning to business development calls, scheduling meetings and attending clients businesses. After lunch I would focus on candidates, answering queries or proposing suitable candidates to my clients. I would wrap the day up by drawing up a prioritised task list for the following day. The culture of the business is both driven and positive. The role is challenging but the best part of the job is winning new business, the worst would be telling applicants that they have been unsuccessful.

Typically on a day at Reed I will spend half of my time sourcing for candidates and then the other half trying to win new business through calls or visits to different businesses.

Pros

Good money and bonus

Cons

High targets and very unpredictable

Recruitment

Company: Reed Employment, London Bridge, SE1 Dates: February 1990: December 1991 Company business: Recruitment Position Held: Permanent Recruitment Consultant Duties: Responsible for placement of permanent and temporary office and secretarial staff. Telephone and, face to face sales. Interviewing and registering candidates, general office duties.

Very corpoate but good first job in this world

A good place to work if you are starting up in recruitment. Intense induction which really helps. Very corporate, long days but worth it. Intense management but only makes you more focused.

Fun WorkPlace

I recommend to work with Reed, fun loving work place, less pressure, friendly environment, friendly colleagues, good pay, good benefits, regular parties.

ok

typical large recruitment agency, find jobs find candidates advertise jobs fill jobs negotiate rate work towards KPI You need to be resilient to loosing deals

Pros

staff

Cons

flooded market

No work life balance

I loved the job but found I had to spend most of my free time contacting candidates which my 9 year old daughter at the time didn't appreciate.

Reed

Great to start out in but any longer than 6 months - 1 year and you are over worked under paid. Management bad, Salarys bad, bouns is bad.

Good experience

Some solid experience from working at REED. Good training structure and excellent training facilities. Good management academy for those who wants to take that route in their career.

Sales

great team environement. Excellent training. Very KPI driven. Need to look at location rules and job share. Would benefit from offering flexi hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reed. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Reed with

Learn about Reed in popular locations

• Reed