Reed

Reed Employee Reviews for Support Worker

Support Worker24 reviews
United Kingdom24 reviews

recruitmentagencycandidateroleconsultantsuitprogressiontemporary

Fun workplace, productive and supportive

It very easy, comfortable and convenient. It’s a very hassle-free environment. I have learned all the necessary knowledge relevant to job description through practical and theoretical means.Management are very supportive and accessible.The workplace culture is very inclusive.The hardest part of the job is my availability.The most enjoyable part of the job is very rewarding.

Pros

Free training

Cons

Availability of shift near my area

Awful company

Lost a lot of work through mis bookings.....turned up at the wrong homes for a pastime due to miscommunication......basically the company gives you a bad name.....you are that person from Reed, the company that has awful management problems....

Pros

Good money

Cons

Bad name

Insights into Reed

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Approachable

Good to work for. Least thing u do wrong there onto you which is good and makes you realise of there professionalismGreat benefits.Hard to get a reference off them when you leave Didn't get many hours Pay was poor Mileage was good 45p per mile

Pros

Holiday pay

Cons

Not many care packages within my area

Great to build experience

Plenty going on in the health & social care side for gaining experience and for earning extra income.Local authorities and private opportunities.Office team are ace, and do an amazing job.

Pros

Flexible contracts

Cons

Pay, but that is health and social care sector full stop.

flexible but no suport from mangers

i work for reed and have done for the last 7 years. There used to be plenty of work with decent pay.I struggle getting miniumum wage there now and you get zero information from your consultants.managers only care about getting you in a role as you get them money.When you are in a long term role you get forgot about and get no support or supervioson. If anything goes wrong with a placement Reed do not support you in any way.Manager and consulatants rude over the phone.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

long hours, low pay, dont know what you are walkinh into, no support

okay when you get shifts

good place to work when you get shifts.i told them i couldn't do certain shifts so i never heard a single thing back from them and no shifts poor on their part as advise hours to suit your needs etc

Nice place to work

Very friendly and interesting place to work,management are very professional and caring intrested In solving problems for staffs and they provide good customer service to their clients

hours

you barely get hours, management are just as confused, sometimes you go unpaid, management will cut your pay as a means of punishment. Some of the packages you work on will not get covered so you will work ridiculous hours esp after nightshifts.

Enthusiastic and great Management Team

My time with Reed has been a great experience. I was provided with the best support to work to the best of my abilities and potential. Thank you, everyone, at Reed.

Pros

Great Team

Cons

Long Hours Improved Pay.

Agency

Agency job - A highly experienced support worker, adept in assessing and understanding the unique needs of individual clients and adapting to suit requirements. Alongside having the ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment often variable depending on location. Job role includes working with a diverse range of clients including children and adults with mild to severe learning disabilities, which requires advanced ability to communicate clearly and being able to resolve difficult issues that may arise.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Reed?

Productive and fun work place

Excellent team work, supportive staff training and goals. Listening management and career support ethics. Quite rewarding for hard work and delligence.

Very nice staff

The staff at reed are very helpful always on the phone or email when you need them polite and cheery when you speak to them . They are always happy to find you the work that you need when you need it.

Pros

Always have work

Cons

Could pay more an hour

Easy Flexible

There is a great opportunity for flexibility with this role but there is also some unreliability with clients. However, when you become attached to a service user, this job gets easier and more rewarding.

Good company

good company to work for - offer night shifts and longer shifts for care assistant roles. It has helped me gain regular work for 3 years and I continue to get work with them

Suport worker

Supporting service user with personal care and meeting their needs. Assisting the service user with their day to day living. Assisting them do their activities.

Productive and fun workplace

In my latest jobs I´ve learnt a variety of skill thanks to the training the company provided me and thanks t the work team. The most enjoible part of the work is supporting the service users in their best interest and see the progresion that they have day to day.

Fun and rewarding

With in this work place you get to meet so many amazing people and it is a pleasure to work with them. It is wonderful to know that you have a positive impact on the clients lives and get to assist them to have a good level of independence.

Pros

very rewarding

Cons

Long shift every other weekend

flexible workplace

Reed offers different and exciting work environments which are challenging and also enjoyable giving the oppertunity for change on a day to day basis in the field of health and social care. Staff are all very friendly and the agency are extreamly efficient.

Pros

flexible hours good pay

Cons

job insecurity.

Excellent

they one of the best company for Health and social care ,i enjoyed working for them in the past years still i would love to go back and work for Reed

good

good

Job satisfaction and proactive

My job was satisfactory, management was very supportive and you are given opportunity to progress into a chosen field with training and support.

Pros

Opportuity to progress

Cons

Working after hours

Very diverse, interesting, huge learning curves and great fun.

My time with Reed was great, they gave me amazing opportunities to work in many fields of care sector. I learned so much and thoroughly enjoyed every placement I attended. I worked for both their Liverpool branch and Newcastle branch and both had brilliant managers who helped you immensely and knew your skills to ensure you were matched with an employer. Most enjoyable times were all the people you supported and assisted them to achieve their own personal goals no matter how huge or small. Probably the hardest was saying goodbye to people if it was only a short time you worked with or alongside them.

Pros

Working when I wanted too. Holiday pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reed. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Reed with

Learn about Reed in popular locations

• Reed