reedboardall

reedboardall Employee Reviews

United Kingdom16 reviews

Zero hour contracts.

The employment contracts given are zero hour contracts. Your given days of work but zero minimum hours per day and they dont always call. Agencys pay approximately £3.80 per hour more for weekday work at this company and give you the same promise.The kit is new but they have invested heavily in gas trucks.

Pros

Easy work with no load involvement.

Cons

Pay and zero hour contract.

Good company safe job

Easy enough work long hours. Only left for more money. Would work here again. Nice relaxing atmosphere. Planners try to ring and push you and you have to put your foot down, clearly don’t know the job and how long it takes etc but that’s usual in logistics. Learn to stand your ground and it’s a steady fair job

Pros

Paid breaks

Cons

Long hours and hourly pay is low

Good company and great staff

I applied to work for Reed Bordall with very little driving experience, they have tought me everything that I need to know they also pair you up with a driver trainer as long as you need. The money is also good and paid weekly which is a bonus, yes sometimes it can be long hours but that's the way it is. Over all I'm really happy mith my experience with Reed Bordall and can't recommend them enough.

Avoid

Avoid at all cost I've seen loads of comments saying good kit ,yeah but the are filthy and stink even with covid different truck every shift ,really short staffed at the moment so expected to do more than usual asked every week to do more shifts, no overtime rate ,the planners couldn't fun a bath the place gets worse will never get any better under the current management .

Pros

Cons

Long hours treated like dirt

Do not work for this employer

Basically the company is useless. If you arent dating someone in the company or friends with someone higher up then you wont progress. Management have never actual done a management course in there life. If you're a yes man you'll go far, but only if you follow exactly what you are told. If you know more than anyone there then watch your back. If they know your right and they are wrong they will work out a way to fire you

Organised chaos

Seriously would avoid this company bad planning, max hours every day, no contingency for running out of hours, rude and arrogant traffic planners.trucks ok, not treated as a employee just a number i believe they have a high turn over of staff, not a great working environment

Lied to from the start

They want to push you to the limit every day(hours) not what I was told at the interview which seems to be the norm here.Drivers seem to just put up with it.

Class 1 Tramper

One of the worst to work for...best of going in on agency....better pay and guaranteed work as cant keep permanent staff...constantly run you into places out of time leaving you stuck..they prefer the polish.

Pros

None.

Cons

Lack of respect

Horrendous

Run by imbeciles. Horrendous conditions, appalling pay and illegal working hours. If you like being spoken to like you're a slave by barely educated, semi - literate, people who are still smarting about being bullied at school...it's the place for you!

Worst job I've ever had!

Worst 6 month's of my life, needed some experience as i was a new starter, kept away for 6 day's every week, money was pitiful, planners talk to you like your garbage, got sick of arguments and walked out, never again! Perfect job if you don't have a life or anyone waiting at home for because they will get sick of waiting and leave. I would not recommend this job to my worst enemy.

Pros

None.

Cons

Pretty much everything.

Dreadful company

Just about the worst job and company you could find and work for , terrible pay and conditions treated so poorly it beggars belief , be very very careful

Cons

Last place where you want to work!

Is the worst place where you can work!you are working around 69-71 hour a week (5days) basically you are working fully 3->15 hours shift and 2->13 hours shifts .And believe me that you are gonna work until your last minute from those 15 hours.At this company you are just a contract number and you are good only when they are desperate to help them with the jobs,rest of time you are nothing and you will be threaded like nothing!every day you have a different truck and trailer!most of them filthy and damaged all around! And now they raise the pay in April from 10.28 to 10,48 (days)! 28pp seriously??????? And the worst thing is that once you move in the area is hard to leave because they are not many jobs around!think twice if you want to come to work for them!

Pros

Trucks well service!

Cons

Long hours poor pay

Be warned

Be warned , dreadful place to work , treated very badly ,expect you to drive and work right up to the limits of the law which inevitably leads you to break it sometimes, 10 pound something an hour as well shocking company

Pros

Going home

Cons

Going to work for them

Worst job ever

Please take this warning, don't waist your time going here. Long hrs poor pay treated as a number will push you for 15hr days you have to pay 25 pounds for your cpc training

Pros

Long hrs poor pay

Cons

Poor pay

Good For New Drivers

The company keep you very well trained and they paid for all your training which was done in house. It was a pleasant job but long hours. I was a day driver here and your time off included your driving to and from work.

Pros

Training

Cons

Would not recommend working here

Out of the way, poor rates of pay for permanent night workers so need lots of overtime to make a decent wage. No man management skills from senior management. New starters don’t get enough training.

Pros

Plenty of overtime

Cons

Poor rates of pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at reedboardall. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1