Regency House

• Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Regency House

my typical day was to do the cleaning of the rooms and the bathrooms and doing the washing

Cons

You become a family with staff and residents.

Loved working with the people here at Regency House. Work hard and do your best and they'll be no problems working here.. the residents are kind they make you want to do your best as well.

Pros

Family atmosphere

Cons

Needs more pay raises

Dont Apply

Don't Apply Here. Toxic work environment that trickles down from Management. The Residents are always a blessing to be around, but the harsh atmosphere makes it hard to appreciate.

Garbage

Management here is in complete control of your life at work. They wake up on the wrong side of the bed, and you have to deal with the brunt of their anger. Also, constant call outs and no shows, so be prepared to work non-stop, but expect them to create excuses to skip overtime pay. Even worse for RAs

Pros

No shortage of hours

Cons

Productive, able to do my job and if I needed help very good coworkers.

Loved working there, the nurses I worked with were awesome. Always kept supplies that were needed to take care of the residents! Very clean environment.

Do not work here

Management is horrible. Compensation and benefits are minimal. Administrator is rude. DON and ADON are unprofessional and incompetent. Resident care is poor! Employee treatment is unfair and you are not valued. Please work where you are treated like a person.

Former Employee

I absolutely loved working for Regency House and would return in a heartbeat. The residents and staff are wonderful. I know that I could always talk to the managers if I needed to. Everything went smoothly as long as everyone worked as a team. It is a great atmosphere and the staff truly cares for the residents there. The Administrative staff, DON and nurses are phenomenal and everyone was always willing to help when help was needed.

Run Away

This place sucks, residents are amazing and a few of the staff are great, but most are dirty, backstabbing people! I will never return here! From the Administration office to the DONs office they can’t be trusted and are petty underhanded b*****!

Run

Don't apply here they don't care about they workers and patients. The supervisor is messy an shows favouritism to ceryain workers. Glad I left. Best decision I made

Pros

Cons

Low pay

What a experience

It was the worst experience in my life on a job the workers are messy the mangers are messy the whole jobs is unorganized they have no structure and no guidance and I wouldn’t recommend no one to work there and I wouldn’t put anybody in there facilities

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Regency House?

Great place to work!

The owner/administrator goes above and beyond for her residents AND employees. If you show up to work and DO YOUR JOB, you won’t have any issues. Your main priority is caring for the residents and treating them with the upmost respect. The staff are wonderful and very team orientated. I have never felt unappreciated, intimidated or unwelcome. The property is well maintained inside and out. Overall, I absolutely love my job and my Regency House family!

Pros

Pay, Hours, Management, Growth, Team Work

Cons

N/a

Rather not share my direct experience about working at regency house ,but generally speaking it was just a lot of personal drama rather than person kinda mirrored a reality show than a nursing home.

Cook help

The job was ok it’s not something I would want to do all the time but it was something that could help me you have to work at a good enough paste but it would get it once you are trained right

Rewarding work

The residents are a treasure and management and staff are a delight to work with. The work is fast paced at times but there are also times when it is more relaxed providing opportunities to chat with the residents! I miss everyone there.

Not a typical nursing environment

I feel it’s a great place to work. Most of the residents are good people and easy to care for. It is not your typical nursing home environment, it’s more like a family extension and most of us try to work together and get the job done.

Pay Attention

The bottom line is always money! No one is really concerned with the residents unless its something that can't be hidden or explained away. Those people deserve better.

Great HR manager / Cna sup had no respect

I’ll give this place 4 star as far as place to have your love one. Positive and negative feedback: for anyone who is trying to find a good place for a love one this is all around a nice place the staff I have worked with are great workers speaking for days and nights (only shifts I worked). Your love one will be taken care of . The head person is good also I personally never had a problem with her she care about her facility and the residents and will make sure they are cared for and treated right and that also goes the HR manager (she’s great). Every morning you will be greeted by an older lady who speaks to everyone and always wishes you a great day when leaving. For a cna the pay isn’t that great but it’s a job it’s also not back breaking work don’t get me wrong you will work but if you been a cna before you know what I’m talking about it’s not like you will walk in everyday like you hate your job... I return back to this job for a second time just for extra money when I return they had a new cna supervisor he wanted me to work a schedule that didn’t fit my availability ( I had another full time job) but I told him I could Only work my off days and he said he will Work with me I gave him a list of days I could work and he set my schedule up that way (great) something came up that I forgot there was 2 days I had plans on that I couldn’t work so I had to call in a day and leave early the next day yes I admit that was my wrong doing. But when I talked to him ( I felt as though he was been rude in the texts but I prayed and put my pride to the side and let it slide ) he said -

Pros

Not back breaking work

Cons

Pay is very low! Unappreciated

Be prepared to work.

Working as a care giver under Debra was truly great. She allowed me to choose my own days I wanted on and workingn12 hour shifts 3x a week isn't bad at all. Pay will help you build good savings as well as what you need in life.

Pros

Weekly pay, balanced schedule

Don’t apply here.

Horrible experience. I feel like I am wasting my time after noticing my hard word was in noticed. The do not want you to have overtime but they want you to give up your off days. That means, they will take a regularly scheduled day from you before the pay period ends. They call it “giving you the day off.” The are nortiously short staffed, so whatever is going on in your life is not their problem. Come In or be referred to as “not a team player.” I was referred to as not a team player. When I am scheduled off, so is my babysitter. The no incentive made it easy for me to take the title of not a team player. Lol Also, despite never having time for a lunch break, they take 30 minutes out of each check without fail. I started making sure I take my break and stay over if I have to to finish my work. This is frowned upon but I do not make a habit of giving my time away for free.

Pros

Residents and family members

Cons

Administration

Wonderful Staff

A wonderful facility to work for, everyone works as a team!The Administration staff/Supervisors are always on the floor helping out their CNA’s and Nurses! They are always encouraging each other and are great at keeping a positive environment, even in a stressful situation. I would recommend Regency House to anyone.

Pros

Patient care, Team players, Pay

Downward trickle effect from administration to housekeeping

administrator and DON make it impossible to thrive here, much less enjoy. lost 13 nurses in less than a year, lost great CNAs, housekeeping and maintenance assistants yelled at and talked down to daily in front of residents and family members. bosses use intimidation and bullying tactics when employees try to leave. cut throat atmosphere with much favoritism. residents and their families are easy to get attached to and building is very clean but other than that, this place is not good for anyone to work at and maintain their sanity. benefits are terrible and pay is just average. do yourself a favor and steer clear of this trainwreck

Pros

clean building, residents are super sweet and loveable

Cons

poor benefits, favoritism, dictatorship, negative atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regency House. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9