Regency Security Group Ltd

Regency Security Group Ltd Employee Reviews

Ok

Not bad people to work for the guys on the doors are good they are what makes it worth working with them and if u get a good door team that you can rely on it makes even better

Feel free to join if you enjoy breaking license conditions

The company doesn't appreciate you no matter what you do. You get injured on the door even if you are breaking licensing conditions of venues the company will decline your sick pay and not take any liability for their actions or inactions that lead to it.

Pros

Cons

You pay the companys insurnace from your wages, expected to work solo even if it is against the law.

A fast paced & fun workspace!

I love working at The Regency Security Group. There is a real feeling of family and a large number of long serving members of the team.Hard work is expected but well rewarded & the company gets involved with some great Charity events. Management are busy but always have the time to assist with queries and development.So excited about the future and being part of such a dynamic family. Would highly recommend Regency to anyone!

Pros

Great Team Feel

Always stressful and drilling with management is a nightmare.

I’ve worked for regency as long as I’ve held my licence and although they provide you with work, they’re a terrible company to work for. Always having pay issues always supplying terrible guards to cover and show a general lack of care towards their employees.

Pros

Cons

Fights/rejections/bad cover/STRESS

Okish company to work for

Worked for them for a little while and they didn't seem to have a clue how to run the company. The area manager was useless, you ask for extra hours and you end us with hardly any hours for the week.

Pros

Getting experience

Cons

Better company's to work for out there than these

Not a good company

They put you with companies that really don't have a clue what security is all about and other staff that have no respect .the pay rate is so bad you have to buy yourviwn uniform you moved around so many time you never get used to the placce

Good fun to work for

I enjoyed my time spent here, I learned about keeping safe and how to work within my limitations, its fun and the hardest part of the job for me was asking people to leave the pub who didn't want to! Most enjoyable part was listening to all the drunk people having a good time and dancing and listening to music with my colleagues.

Working with regency security services was a great pleasure for me , work for them in Croydon and in Birmingham as well . There hourly payment is great and l enjoy working with the company.

Good experience for me

The experience i got is more important to me because it will surely help.me to improve my self and i melt some great guys too and am proud working with them

Reasonable to work for

There is still a lot that needs to be sorted out ! Training of New doorman before they are put on the door ! Better incentives for advancement and to keep door staff as well as on going regular training courses to keep door staff up to standard ! Customer communications 1st aid /1st Responder and duty to act when on the Door !

The worst company out there

If you are reading this, I would strongly avoid this security company as it is one of the worst companies to work for out there. From not paying you to missing hours and chasing up your own money could be really frustrating especially when you have worked all night to find out you haven’t been paid or not on time. They just keep telling you someone will call back and no one ever does. Worked ashift at the beginning on January and it’s nearly mid February and still haven’t been paid. Really poor staff, area managers and all those who are involved (90% of them) NEVER AGAIN!!! Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire ...

awesome

great company to work for with great management in place in Birmingham and nationwide. Would recommend to friends who are looking for good company to work for

Company

Good company to work for. Hours are there but pay could be more. Management are good and down to earth, just make sure u can drive and have a car. 💪😎

A typical day at work

Regency are a very professional company their door staff wear a uniform which is basically black and the site that I was at had at that stage a marvellous and helpful regional manager Sunny he was brilliant. The lady from pay services was also most helpful

good to work for but not enough hours

Regency was a good company to work for however, the hours were not sufficient and could be changed with very short notice so that there is no security of income. Because work venues and hours were changed at short notice it could make travelling to venues difficult, especially if reliant on others to collect you from work at the end of your shift.

Professional and well loved company

I have been with Regency for some time a whilst a minority don't rate them well I am here to tell you the truth as a current employee . Norfolk Management are superb ,you get your shifts in advance and pay is always on time . The support from colleagues is worthy of high merit . We look after each other and we are family

Terrible and tinpot

Worked for regency for a short time, was expected to move venues at a split moments notice when already on shift somewhere and not being payed travelling time between venues, had deductions from wages for tie and armband which I struggled to get back after handing them back in good condition, they charge an administration fee. Not a good company to work for.

On a Downward Spiral

A company that has basically got to big for the MD and senior management to handle. Senior Management - As an Area Manager I had little to no productive support, and received abuse from some of the Ops managers on a few occasions (though only over the phone, never in person...go figure) Deadlines - Regency love unrealistic deadlines, whereby the goalposts are constantly moved, week in, week out. If you are working as an AM for them, do not expect any kind of stability whatsoever. Office Staff - Literally 3 people that know how to assist you in your day to day work, the others are as clueless as they come, though through no fault of their own I hasten to add. Recruitment - The biggest joke about Regency is their inability to recruit proper DS. As an Area Manager I took on many new (green) DS and trained them up to become proper DS, because I am legitimately always going to be a door supervisor first, manager second. However, its a numbers game nowadays, and Regency will literally employ anyone with an SIA License. Pay - My staff were CONSTANTLY underpaid and over charged for admin fees. Staff are required to wear company branded uniform which they had to pay for. Third Party Contractors (subbies) - Regency love to use subbies, so expect to be working with god knows who from god knows where. Stonegate - Stonegate are Regency's biggest client, and it shows. As an AM you will be, as I was, forced to prioritise any and all Stonegate contracts over any other client. Regency will throw you and your DS under the bus without hesitation if it means appeasing -

Pros

Most DS are good or at least willing to learn

Cons

Read the review

working for regency is a life not not just a job

recruitment is the hardest part of the job and you find your self working day and night 24/7 its a great job for some one single and who wants to be on the go all the time. the job its self can be stressful and you feel your on your one some times but you just have to get on with it the bonus is the fact you can work from home on the laptop that they do provide.

Pros

company car, laptop phone and good wage

Cons

long hours lots of driving

Doorman Security

Typical week would involve the first two days of the week posting and chasing timesheets. these to be posted on to the bespoke timesheet system. The next process is to post on the rotas for the following week. This also goes on to the bespoke timesheet system. The rest of the week, I would be chasing the outstanding debt from venues, with main focus being the larger contracts. The rest of my time was dealing with queries from the door supervisors, these came via phone call and took a lot of my time up there. When possible I was then able to perform other accounting duties for the financial controller.

Pros

Good social treats for the office

Cons

Time sheet focused

Rubbish

I find it hard working for this company as there seems to be little communication between staff and management. when i applied for this job the add was misleading as it said uniform provided and ongoing training but nothing has materialised

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regency Security Group Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement