Regent's University London

Regent's University London Reviews

United Kingdom27 reviews

universitystaffworkingworkenjoystudentmanagementenvironment

Alright

Typical day was spent jumping through bureaucratic hoops or through people who probably enjoyed their job title more than doing actual work. Frustrating. Perks included subsidised staff canteen

Awful

Really bad experience with Regents, having worked with other universities. Regents expect a lot from employees but pay less than average despite high fees charged to students.

Pros

Lunch voucher

Cons

Lack of management and roles allocated to inexperienced people.

Toxic work environment

the new 3-person management team has created a terrible work environment. Main requirement for advancement is to be a yes-person and never query their decisions. All solid, academic and professional profiles are leaving. Most recently the marketing director, the head of governance and the head of estates. Avoid at all costs!

Pros

location

Cons

cronyism and bullying

Unethical place to work - avoid

It is getting worse and worse, most of the managers do not have the skills and expertises, but they are there just because the relationship with the board. An example there is department managed by a married couple who covers up their inability and lack of expertise to work and to manage the staff. This affects the quality of work and allows unprofessional behaviours and attitude with inevitable consequences on the the working environment. The University went through another restructure, the 3rd in four years, no job security, you can't be sure if the Uni will survive and if you will keep your job especially if you don't have the right connections with the board.

Pros

Nice campus

Cons

Unprofessional senior management

Fun and relaxed place to work

Regent's University London has provided me with the opportunity to develop my lecturing skills at all levels, from foundation to postgraduate. During my time at Regent's, I have also broadened my knowledge base, developing courses in crime and society, international business law, human rights and law for film makers. I have developed various teaching, assessment and feedback methods.

Pros

Contribution to lunches; Regent's is located in scenic Regent's Park.

Cons

You become addicted to the place and never want to leave.

If you want a job try another university

I worked here for 2 years. I found the staff very unfriendly, and there was a lack of flexibility. The training was not very good and not seemed to be structured at all. There was a silo tell no support for me in the job. The management team seemed to only care about profits the university made and not really invest in the people around them. I saw a lot of staff including myself being treated badly. So after having a miserable couple of years I decided to go somewhere else.

Pros

The grounds.

Cons

Really bad management

Productive Fun Workplace

Enjoyable and supportive place to work. Working at Regent's allows you to collaborate cross teams on a number of projects. I enjoy working here and would recommend it to others.

A great place to work

Friendly environment, good students, and well managed. Regents has been the perfect employer. I have been teaching as a VL for nearly 2 years now. I enjoy teaching here.

Relaxing and friendly but professional.

The working environment is conducive with friendly colleagues, Line Managers and overall our team is 👍. The team has been closely knited, collaborative

Studentrepresentant

En frivillig position som inte är arvoderad. Därav att jag inte kan relatera eftersom det inte är en officiell anställning.

Great Management in some areas - Salary is not high enough for Admin staff

They have money to spend but as per most HE establishments - there are 7 managers to 2/3 staff, managers get paid stupid money and the admin staff are disrespected financially! In comparison to other London University's the salary offered to admin staff is laughable! The company does not keep up with the market and as a result are losing all their experience admin staff to replace them with new, inexperienced staff who will accept the low wages...

Poor management

Lecturer at Regent's University London (9 years) - covered many diverse roles in Teaching & Learning underpinned by my relevant Industry experience. Financial and Management Accounting; co-taught Business Planning; Capital budgeting, Company analysis/valuation, Professional Development Planning, Wealth Management, Corporate Finance. o Module Leader for Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Financial & Management Accounting o Academic Advisor and Personal Tutor, Personal development coach, Admissions tutor, SN support

Productive and fun, but hard work

Sometimes fun, sometimes the worst, but overall a great place to work if you like commuting to London. My god, some of the students and people. A LOT was expected of you very quickly, hence the turnover in staff, but once a knowledge was built you were very much a valued member. However, be prepared to hit your glass ceiling very quickly.

productive and fun environment

a great place to work everyone spoke and created a family environment. they have multiple outlets bar/food and costa, starbucks, refectory brasserie, hospitality and events. with all these outlets there was a diverse environment. allways busy and plenty off culture

Pros

free lunches

management

management was not the best here in hire parts of the organisation which ultimately trickled down to lower management and made for a bad experience overall.

very enjoyable working with dedicated students and those not so.

I very much enjoyed working with Regent's University, where I taught for 9 years. During this time I worked on over 20 different modules, covering many aspects of business. I found that I was able to communicate with the students at the right level, with the correct balance of work and fun. At times I was teaching for 30 hours per week and enjoyed every minute. I did not find any problems at any time with students, fellow lecturers and students.

Pros

hard work and fun

Very good university

I have really enjoyed working with this university . The academic staffs are highly inspiring and supportive. The support staffs are very prompt which helped easy operation in every day life. The management is strict but they know what they are doing!

A great teaching experience

Working with students that come in as non-designers and then seeing them develop is one of the most rewarding experiences I have had in life. It is fantastic to see and this is why I love to give some of the professional experience I have to the students.

good

good place to work for good location. students ok. working area not too bad. good staff. nothing really bad about Regents University London. all great

exciting experience

I have been enjoying my employment at Regent's University so far. There is a nice and dynamic atmosphere, colleagues are nice and friendly. We all fell to be part of a special community, a kind of enlarged family

Pros

positive atmosphere

Cons

no big prospect of career

International enviroment

One of London's most beautiful campuses in the heart of a royal park. A truly international environment with staff and students from over 140 nationalities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regent's University London. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement