Rentokil Initial

Rentokil Initial Employee Reviews

United Kingdom870 reviews

Found 870 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,345 reviews
pestinitialprogressionsurveyorrentokilinitialschemetechnicianbpca

Productive and a good place to work

I have been with initial for 3 years and it's a great place to work,good work/life balance and as long as you do your job there is no problems.pay could be a bit better but overall you get out of the job what you put in

2 November 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so pleased to hear that you have found a good work life balance with us and we will also be sure to take on your feedback.

Stressful

Whilst employed here, they would constantly be adding to your workload. If they won a big contract and it fell in your area (which happens quite a lot) they wouldn't take anything off to even out the workload. Constantly worked through my breaks to get through the route. Very hard pushed for basically minimum wage

Pros

Monday to friday

Cons

Too many to mention

Insights into Rentokil Initial

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energising work tasks

It is a good place to work, very supportive good pay and rewards for good work, interview process very organised, good products and support, friendly colleagues

Pros

Rewards for good work

Cons

Great place to work if you're prepared to work!

Great Senior Management, do what they say they're going to & are very much in touch with what's going on from the 'shop floor' up. Plenty of training/ development & opportunities to move up the ladder, or across to other businesses within the Rentokil family. Moving & promoting from within.

Pros

Great Senior Management Team, training & development, promotion & earnings opportunities

Cons

Get the training / experience and then go and work for a company that respect their staff !

Worked for Rentokil for 7 years . It’s was good but the company has lost direction in recent years. The training is good , but get past that and the job is just a chore. You will hassled all day with constant emails , SLAs , call-outs , jobs being sold by surveyors. Don’t forget to put lots of leads in as well and all your routines completed or your name goes on a naughty list for all to see. They treat Technicians very badly, working time app and trackers on vans. Unhelpfull management will not support you either. Rentokil care about two things, Profit and Shareholders ! Stay too long and you will be brainwashed by them.

Pros

You get paid

Cons

Lots

Positive

They are very keen to promote a good work/life balance. Your own van to take home so there's no commuting costs. Very keen on providing progression in the company.

Pros

Company van. Great work/life balance.

Cons

Opportunity's to progress and teamwork make a great work environment

Rentokil as a company are very supportive. Having only been at the job for 6 weeks I have been given an abundance of support and great training. Staff all seem happy and comfortable in their roles.

Pros

Company van

poor management

pest control is a great job, however Rentokil do not manage that job well.do not be sucked in by the Rentokil nonsense,travel time to your first call unpaid even when its a hours run same on the way home.a flexible work day that's unflexible.constant monitoring in a unhealthy way.no trust.low wage for the stress the job gives you.i would not work for this company ever again

Pros

zero

Cons

trust issues, no compensation for long commutes, management a joke.

10 January 2023
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, and we are sorry to read that the role with us was not for you. We have a strong focus on promoting from within and we want colleagues to progress in long term and fulfilling careers with us, so I am concerned about your comment ‘no trust’, and I politely request that if you have specific observations in relation to this point while you were in our employment then please email (feedback-uk@rentokil-initial.com). As I am sure you are aware, we actively encourage feedback on employment experiences in our business both positive and negative, so that we can make changes where necessary and address any issues raised.In relation to your comment on pay, each of our frontline colleagues is provided with industry-leading training and a competitive package which includes the opportunity to earn overtime and uncapped commission on top of their basic salary, as well as employee benefits such as RI Rewards alongside regular opportunities for re-grading and career progression. Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review. Dave Hall, Operations Director, Rentokil Pest Control

Was a good place to work until stupid changes

I worked there for 3 years started in washrooms moved over to medical side everything was going well until they brought in New app load of rubbish take 30 mins per day travelling time was doing lon distance the place has become a joke have them notice still didn't pay the together bonus I had earned from July and August just a shambles would never recommended working here as morral is low just take take take

Pros

None anymore

Cons

Treated like rubbish

10 January 2023
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to hear that your experience of working with us was not an entirely positive one. New processes and software may be brought in to the business from time to time in order to make life easier for our customers and/or colleagues, so it is concerning to read that this was not your experience. All reviews are read by the Initial management team, so if you can provide more detail on what it was about the new software that added time to you day, then then please email us at feedback-uk@rentokil-initial.comIn terms of the ‘together bonus’ colleagues need to complete the full month, in order to earn this bonus, as outlined within the scheme.Thank you for your feedback,Rentokil Initial UK

Real Down Earth People - Great people

Friendly welcoming atmosphere. With a real sense of teamwork. Everyone is and can be who they are as a person. No need to put on a front. Everyone looks out for each other and everything is about working as a team.Very large company with the feeling of working for a family run business.

Pros

Good people, like a work family, local staff looking out for each other.

5 January 2023
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review. We are pleased to hear that you have found us to have a welcoming atmosphere and down to earth as a business.

Would not recommend

They shaft you every way they can and change the goal posts every couple of month to suit them it is so stressful you come home so stressed you can’t relax

Pros

Cons

Can’t put without swearing

2 December 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. If you could email us at feedback-uk@rentokil-initial.com so that we can investigate this further.

Over all Helpfull employees but gets stressfull sometimes.

Very nice colleagues. Helpful staff but the team is short staffed due to which there is lots of work stress and it is always a busy place to work. Due to Adherence issues you can not take breaks and not there is lot of micromanagement.

Pros

Helpful staff

Cons

work life balance

2 December 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review. We are so pleased to hear that you have great colleagues, we will also be sure to take on your feedback.

Great business but even better people

Great team environment where you are supported, listened to and can see the impact of your work. Fantastic career progression opportunities in a world class business

2 December 2022
Thank you for leaving us a 5 star review. We are so pleased to hear that you have had support and are enjoying working with us!

Awful place to work!!

You'll be constantly lied too have money taking out your wages because they can't provide an 8 hour day.Also expect to get extra work and no thanks fir it any complaints that's your bonus gone.Good luck speaking too office that won't happen either.Badly run and really a case of if your face fits you'll be fine.Nothing but stress while working here hr just as bad aswell they don't care.Just my opinion by the way.

Pros

Leaving the company

Cons

Unrealistic targets/workloads/No communication from management

2 December 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, and we are sorry to read that your experience of working with us was not a positive one. As I am sure you are aware, Rentokil Initial undertakes regular colleague feedback with our Your Voice Counts (YVC) surveys to ensure every colleague has a chance for their voice to be heard. The purpose of YVC is to ensure that we can listen to and address areas of our business where the feedback suggests that changes need to be made. We never take colleagues choosing to leave us lightly, and we always review the reasons given for leaving our employment, so that we can learn from them, and again make adjustments as required. We will share the comments you have left with both HR and your branch office. Yours Sincerely,HR Manager, Rentokil Initial UK

Trainee pest control tech

Finally a company that actually invests in its staff. I have been with rentokil as a trainee pest control tech for five week and I have just completed a week long course at their centre in Crawley and have to say I enjoyed it. The trainers give you everything you need to do the job as well as plenty of information and steps to do your job safely. Managers and team leaders are always on hand to give you practical support and guidance if you need it.

2 November 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review. We are so glad to hear that you have found us to invest in our staff and you are enjoying your training with us!

Not a good place to work. Management needed to be changed for the company to moved ahead.

There are many hidden rules and management would not let you know of it until you are in the job. Too many work load in one 1 day, and no one is staying with the company.

2 November 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to hear that the role did not live up to your expectations. We will be sure to take on your feedback.

Hard but rewarding

There are some great colleagues who make it a great place to work, plenty of opportunity for advancement and lots of training opportunities, training sessions can be very entertaining.

Pros

Good work life balance

Cons

Can be quite physical

2 November 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review. We are so pleased to hear that you have great colleagues and we will also be sure to take on your feedback.

Family feel

I joined initial washrooms just over a year ago. I have found that I am treated like a member of the work family,not just a number. Ways to earn bonusesand rewards.Lots of training provided if you want to progress.

26 October 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review. We are so pleased to hear that you have found the company to have a family feel and have had lots of opportunities for growth.

Great company to work for

Riw are a great company to work for the work and home life balance are just right getting all your calls done in an 8hr day can be unachievable some days but as long as you do your 8hr day then you generally get left alone

Pros

Company van

Cons

To much of a work load

26 October 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review. We are so pleased to hear that you have a great work life balance working with us and we will also be sure to take on your feedback.

Interesting job. I love it

I have been working for rentokil pest control as a tech for just over a year and love it. You get to plan your own days. It's like being self employed. You get a company van, mobile and uniform. You get all the qualifications you need to do the job. The customers on my patch are great. The only downside to the job is the academy and cognitive stuff you have to do if you can't prove your school qualifications. The cognitive, a series of maths and English tests, is useless as not needed for the job and is government paperwork. This is the only downside. Apart from that then I really cannot fault the job. From other techs to management, I find are there is help if needed.

26 October 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoy working with us alongside all of the perks of the job!

Super highs and extreme lows

Personal experience is seeing management and regional management sitting on a high horse barking orders and have zero regard for personal wellbeing , head of management, director level and above actually get things done and care when being spoken to. The vibe is generally positive but you get taken for granted.

Pros

Plenty of work for over time

Cons

Expected to work overtime

11 November 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to hear that your experience has not been completely positive. If you would like to tell us about your experience in detail please email feedback-uk@rentokil-initial.com so that we can investigate this further.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rentokil Initial. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement