Rentokil Initial
Happiness score is 70 out of 100

Rentokil Initial Employee Reviews

United Kingdom746 reviews

The company is great, management is helpful and no two days are the same

I have loved my time so far at Rentokil. It has been exciting, fast paced and you gain extra qualifications. All the team are friendly and you do get trained up well to do the job. I came straight from University after completing my masters.

Pros

Responsibilties, reward schemes, overtime

Cons

I was told thete was a graduate scheme, but have heard nothing about my progression?

14 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so pleased to hear that you love working with us and enjoy gaining extra qualifications. If you contact your line Manager or HR we can let you know about your graduate scheme progression.

Great job

I love working here. You are left to work on your own and organise your daysLove the job definitely recommend.I've told people how good it is. Training is very good and anything you need is available

Pros

Freedom

Cons

Intense learning

20 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review. We are so glad to hear that you love working with us and we will also be sure to take on your feedback.

Stressful and soul destroying

After spending 3 years at rentokil i have seen the good the bad and the ugly. During the first year everything is great, training is second to none.After settling in on patch you will be hounded with emails from management and key accounts managers regarding unattainable KPI’s. There is a complete lack of respect for technicians.During the first wave of COVID a lot of customer sites were closed, management told the team that you need to get as many routines as possible signed of or you can go into one of the London hospitals on patch and clean the control points. This is a prime example of the view management have for technicians. If your silly enough to sign up you had better be a sucker for punishment

Pros

Private use of work vehicle

Cons

No respect Unachievable KPI’s Long hours and expect to carry out mandatory follow ups on weekends

20 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your time with us. I am glad to read that you found our training to be second to none, however I am disappointed to see the low score you have provided and from reading some of the specific comments you have left on your experience. You mention issues relating to unrealistic KPI’s, long hours and having to undertake mandatory visits at weekends. As a responsible employer we always take the health, safety and wellbeing of our colleagues very seriously indeed and this includes them being able to maintain a good work/life balance. We do not intend or wish any of our colleagues, to have to work beyond the normal working day, and we would always request that any colleague with specific issues such as the ones you refer to, to take them up directly with their line manager so they can be addressed; or if they don't feel comfortable talking to them, to contact the HR team.We also do not tolerate disrespectful behaviour towards our colleagues, whatever position they hold in our business and I am concerned that you felt that you were not respected. During the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic I can honestly say that we have taken the health and safety of all of our employees extremely seriously, with daily management video calls taking place from the end of March 2020 and still ongoing to this day, albeit now on a weekly basis. We have very strict protocols in place for all frontline and support colleagues, with online hygiene training that every colleague has had to complete, as well as the provision of all the PPE and RPE required to -

OK place to work

Good work life balance , able to manage your own diary, company car and laptop, good people, can be expensive compared to the market, but leading name so to be expected

Pros

Variation of work

Cons

A lot of driving

14 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed having varied work and company car and laptop, we will also be sure to take on your feedback.

Over worked, under paided, constant pressure, no appreciation, no rewards or bonuses, management non exsistant.

My time at rentokil was okay until after about a year after that your just a number. Staff turnover was joke, the longest staff member tech wise was a year! Over worked and under paided with no bonuses. No appreciation for the amount of pressure and work expected. Management was non exsistant. When I left I didn’t get paided until 2 weeks later and was bled dry of wages owed. The place is run by grads who are guaranteed a management role within 6 months and non grads are just pushed aside. Would no recommend at all if you want to actually have a rewarding career in pest control. Constantly bombarded with emails and phone wanting more and more and never rewarded for the hard work. Never hit bonus targets within the branch due to unrealistic targets set by the company.

Pros

Can use the company van privately

Cons

Long hours, over worked under paided, full of grads, no progression unless your a grad, non exsistant management

14 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry to read that working at Rentokil Pest Control was not an entirely positive experience for you. As a business we have a strong focus on the Right People, doing the Right Things and in the Right Way, and as such we invest a lot of time and money in training and in developing all of our colleagues whether they are a graduate or a non graduate, to be the best that they can. I also personally undertake regular roadshows alongside other senior management colleagues to make sure that as the Operations Director for theRentokil Pest Control I am engaging directly with frontline colleagues across the business. So I am naturally disappointed to read that you felt management was non existent.I would like to respond to some of your other comments directly. In relation to remuneration, as a business we seek to ensure our total pay which includes a basic salary and variable pay is as attractive as possible. Our packages also include industry-leading training as well as employee benefits such as RI Rewards, and for roles such as your own, a company vehicle and fuel card, which I know you mentioned as a pro. As a business we have strong focus on promoting from within as well as a robust grading system in place to ensure that colleagues have the opportunity to increase their salary as they re-grade and progress their career with us. Our aim is to ensure that all colleagues can build a long term career with Rentokil Initial and many have done so over the years. In Rentokil Pest Control at the moment we have a number of non -

Not a pleasant work environment. Little support with route planning.

I found management not offering much in the way of support and being non helpful when problems occurred during the working day. Almost never answering calls was a bane. The problem with that it means your storing up time and delivery problems which ultimately causes knock on problems with the round. The expectations to complete rounds was unreasonable. The lack of local knowledge of certain areas and traffic build up problems were not taken into account like seasonal influx of holiday makers clogging road systems up and extreme difficulty on entering certain business premises.Also travel time especially if quite a distance away, returning to depot twice a week (although I agree was necessary) was definitely not taken into account for completing rounds. Even driving to the speed limits it was unrealistic to think drivers could complete the expected workday schedule on certain rural rounds.The major problem with this company is the complete lack off providing the staff with a pre planned route system. (If this was sorted out I genuinely think I might still be at the company)! Almost everyone does this. If I wanted stress like this I'd of joined DPD or gone into courier work.

Pros

Non come to mind.

Cons

Long hours caused by lack of route knowledge. No route planning for drivers.

14 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your employment experience with us, although we are sorry to read the low score that you have left the company. As a business we feel that past and present colleagues sharing feedback on working at Rentokil Initial is invaluable for those considering a career with us. Any colleague is welcome to leave a review (good or bad), and each one is read by our management team so that we can learn from real life experiences, and where necessary make changes, so your comments relating to local knowledge of road systems and particular regional issues like the one you highlighted regarding an influx of tourists at certain times, will be taken on board. Reading your review it is not clear which of our businesses you worked for but I can see that a key area of frustration was the route planning element of your job role. Where possible we always try to provide our colleagues with a degree of freedom to plan out their daily schedule, so that they have the flexibility to manage both their own time and provide the best service possible to our customers. If ever a colleague is struggling to complete the work required of them within normal working hours then we would encourage them to approach their line manager in the first instance, so that support can be provided and a solution can be found. If you would like to provide any further detail on the points you raised then please do not hesitate to contact us at feedback-uk@rentokil-initial.com.Once again thank you for taking the time to leave us a review,HR Manager, Rentokil Initial -

Fun place to work

Great place to work the team of medical drivers are a great bunch of blokes everyone gets on with everyone work load can be a bit much on some days but just take the rough with the smooth would recommend working there.

Pros

Get to take home your company van

Cons

Long travelling times

20 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review. We are so pleased that you are enjoying working as a Medical Technician and we will also be sure to take on your feedback.

Great team and full support at all levels

Excellent company to work with. Management are actively involved in all employees' progression and were all promoted from within, so expect to be led by experienced people. Everyone has been great to work with, there's a real ‘team spirit’ that’s ingrained into the culture and carried forward by all members. Pest control has come a long way; training is provided from your first day but is always delivered at a manageable pace, with supported learning at each step. You may have a few early mornings, but all hard work is appreciated and runs alongside incentives.

9 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review. We are pleased to hear that you have experienced great team spirit and support through management.

The job is interesting with a vast amount of knowledge imparted throughout your training. Everyone is very helpful with people on hand who will pick up the phone to answer any questions that there may be. The role is enjoyable and gives you the flexibility to choose the jobs you want to do on any given day.I am currently completing the advanced development program. The people heading it up have a wealth of knowledge they wish to impart and make it a safe space to ask questions and learn from the best.

Pros

Work is interesting

Cons

Can become overwhelming if you don't structure your day well

9 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoy your work and find the role to be flexible. We will also be sure to take on your feedback.

Not a bad place to be

Not a bad business to work for they have a lot of structure in place and a great name to trade from, my main criticism is that pay could be more competitive and decision made by senior management are sometimes questionable

Pros

9-5 Monday to Friday and safe if you just want to work along and finish each day

Cons

A lot of grey area when it comes to where you can and can't sell

9 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed working in sales and we will also be sure to take on your feedback.

It's a great place to work for. You get to do your own thing and not have anyone on your back unless you don't work obviously. Decent working times and weekends to yourself unless on call.

Pros

An hours lunch

Cons

N/a

3 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review. We are so pleased that you are enjoying working as a technician with us!

Rewarding but challenging

You need to be committed to the training process so you can grow in knowledge and confidence in your ability to perform the Job. It can be intimidating how much knowledge you need to learn and absorb but stick with it. In return you get to see and access a whole world of businesses and locations that not many will see. The company is very ethical in its approach to Environmental issues and is seeks to protect the environment proactively through it policies and procedures.

Pros

Company van, Overtime, no compulsary weekend work. Long term prospects

3 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review! We are so glad that you find the company to be ethical and that you are enjoying working with us.

Lots to learn but fun and interactive

Coming from a different industry. There is a lot to learn. But you are very well supported.and very well trained in your role. The company has some very good staff who show patience towards new entrants

Pros

Varied work locations.company vehicle

Cons

Steep learning curve

3 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so glad to hear that you have had a lot of support and training!

Hard work

Worked here for 3 years job was busy stressful at times but the people you work with make it bearable. Bonus helps if you achieve the kpi set for you. I would work here again if the salary was better

Pros

Working hours times

Cons

Salary

3 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time working with us and we will also be sure to take on your feedback about the salary.

Can't wait too start!

I haven't started yet. But honestly can't wait to work here as seems like a fantastic place to work. Interview process was great and very relaxed. Definitely recommend applying.

Pros

Great people

3 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review. We are so pleased that you are joining us and we hope you enjoy the role!

Local Surveyor

I have really enjoyed integrating into part of the team at Rentokil Initial. At previous jobs training was promised but never delivered however at Rentokil you are trained extensively. My role is potentially quite solitary however management and colleagues are available for support when needed. The opportunity to make money and to progress in the company is very clear.

19 November 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review. We are so pleased to hear that you have enjoyed our training!

Probably the best job I have had in my career

Sales and management for both Initial Textiles and Rentokil.I gained much experience n sales and management.Gaining customer accounts and customer liasons. Never a dull moment every day a challenge. Worked with a great number of collegues.

Pros

long hours and lots of driving

19 November 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so glad to hear that you have found the experience to be useful and had a great team to work with!

Fantastic

From the moment I joined Rentokil, I felt welcomed and part of the team. The training is very enjoyable and in depth and your supported all the way though the process. I feel Rentokil invest heavily in there career development of employees, both monetary and in time! I feel very proud to be part of the Rentokil team and look forward to a long and successful career.

Pros

Excellent training and support

19 November 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the training and found it to be extremely useful.

Excellent company

Reserched company before applying for my washroom driver job was very impressed have to say 8 weeks in they are doing exactly what they said they would do, lovely people, good work life balance good training and looks like plenty of scope to progress.

Pros

Work/life balance, people

Cons

None as of yet.

19 November 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad to hear that the job has lived up to your expectations!

Good job

Good job after you get used to what you're dealing with , Good start and finish times , no weekend work and lots of support from team leaders and management if needed

Pros

Monday to Friday.

Cons

Some dirty work.

19 November 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review. We are so glad to hear that you have had a lot of support from team leaders and management, and also enjoy not working weekends!

Good company with a clear pathway for improvement.

I have only been employed for about 10 weeks so it is hard to review as I am still finding my feet. I have found most people very helpful and quick to help if I am unclear about anything. The management of our depot are also very helpful. My work load very heavy and I am finding it a struggle to get all of my jobs completed in the time allocated. Hopefully as I gain more experience this should level out.Over all rentokil-Initial seem like a good company to work for with good opportunities to progress.

Pros

No Weekend work

Cons

Heavy work load

19 November 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review. We are so glad to hear that you have had a lot of support within this new role and can see the opportunity to progress.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rentokil Initial. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Rentokil Initial with

• Rentokil Initial
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?