Restaurant Associates

Restaurant Associates Employee Reviews

I had a great time working for restaurant associates and lots of opportunities to grow. Had to leave due to family reasons.Training and development was offered by this company.
Pros
Opportunities to grow.
Really bad experience working for this company, They treat you like dirt I found out The hard way I was discriminated against because of the colour of my skin was bullied and abused underpaid To the point where I had a nervous breakdown, cry like a baby in the corner of the kitchen .Not good for your mental health
Good company to work for , job can be stress full as you so times have to deal with multiple functions/ events that have different menus/ dietary requirements.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Good place to work very varied work days competitive workplace finance focused good to work with consultant chefs good training sociable hours good support
Heavy focuse on client enagement and managemnet and esuring the retention on all key accounts. A mix of cost plus and comemrcial business run at a fast pace.
I worked in a High Profile contract in the heart of Manchester. my time with RA was fulfilling and also exciting. developing a fine dining menu and service for clients and ensuring food produced was to a very high standard. I found RA to be both supportive and also open to ideas given whilst working on the contrast. As an established manager i did not find any difficulties working for RA, i enjoyed forming a tram and building strong relationships with the clients on site.
I think this company is great with a amazing team who all use team work to complete great work. They also have polite staff who help u out and ask questions if u need anything.
They treat like a robot. They just care about money and not about having a great place to work. Management tend to be not properly trained and rude at times.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Lack of humanity
A great place to work with great management structure in place. A day at work was never the same with a wide variety of actions in place. I learned a great deal at Restaurant associates from a leader point of view, new processes and about myself. Due to the size of Restaurant Associates?compass it showed me certain buying power larger companies have. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with clients that understand the catering industry. So often we are an afterthought but here this was not the case. Hardest part of the job was getting answers from Compass. Some of the processes are so long winded it would take a long time for anything to get done/be approved.
My responsibilities include leading, motivating, developing and directing the team to maximise efficiency in customer service. Creating an environment where constant improvement is actively encouraged and recognised. Ensuring all staff are trained to deliver a customer focused service. Ensuring all staff are performance managed to quality set objectives. Completing weekly stock takes and payroll. Overseeing the ordering of all food and consumables. Ensuring all health and Safety and Food and safety legislation is adhered to. Completing Staff Rosters. Completing monthly reports and providing regular updates to the client.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Restaurant Associates?
Serve customers and actively promote catering sales Assist in the delivery of hospitality across the site, including set up, stewarding and break down. Respond to complaints; listen to feedback from our visitors and it is use their comments to positively influence and develop the organisation
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Work load
Considered by some to be the best and biggest contract caterers in UK and Ireland. I beg to differ as the products they want us to sell are of lesser quality than other contract catering companies.
Pros
Free bottle of water every day
Cons
Pressured working environment
a cultural Indian restaurant which provided me some experience in a fast workplace environment. the hardest part of the job was finishing after my shift was ended
Pros
free lunchs
Team focused company, high customer service. Lots of chances for training, i got my HND, personal licence, first aid, fire warden, WSET, list goes on.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Great company to work for. Very food driven company Central management very good great workplace culture many perks or chefs -study tours -supplier visits -supplier trips
Pros
free lunches, gyms at some sites
Working in the British Airways Excutive Lounge is a nice place to work in with a variety of things to do. Replenishing stock, clearing tables and keeping a good standard of cleanliness. Management and staff very friendly.
Pros
Free food and beverages
Cons
Very busy workplace. Enjoyed working closely with management. Learnt a lot about health and safety and catering. Hardest part was being on my feet all day.
Pros
Free Lunches
I learned to work as a team in my work experience and I achieve my employer goal and always made my management happy by my performance.
basic catering work. nice staff working in a contract for a professional firm setting up and closing down cafe area setting up and closing down client hospitality areas
This was my first job in the UK, and has helped to develop my English as well as my customer service skills. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people. The hardest would be the fact that I am mainly indoors and I miss driving.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Sometimes working late at night
Generally, everyday was a good day at work.I had many positive experiences and leart a lot about costumer service and also taught.In my opinion, there was one too many managers and sometimes, once in a blue moon, I got confused about some issues.most of my collegues were positive, good workers and good company; I made lots of friends. The hardest part of the job was when it was not very busy, time drags and there was only so much cleaning to do.The best part was the interaction with the costumers,the conversation and the laughs.
Pros
finishing always before 5p.m. and not working weekends.
Cons
Paper work, formalities and draconian rules.