Retail & Asset Solutions logo
Retail & Asset Solutions

Retail & Asset Solutions Employee Reviews

2.4
Work-life balance

Make good friends but can be hard work at times

Not much can say reallyDepends if u like job enough as you get to see plenty of nice areas and some not so niceManagement pretty good can be difficult some times getting hold of them

Cons

Long hours work away from home alot

Friendly work colleagues

Have good time keeping and willing to work at a busy pace and willing to learn be ready to get down to work straight away and not been on your phone all the time

Pros

Good company

Cons

Sometimes have to travel

When you finally get paid, you will have no benifit because,

So much working away with no compensation for it, instead you get to scrounge back reciepts, and work with a bunch of guys on free riegn of job, who in general havent got a clue and noone cares, and if you get a job with them be like them dont care about the job shimmy it as they call it, honestley dont try, i could see how easy this job is, and to advacate lets just do job proper got me weaseled out the door, by a bunch of weasels, horrible experience.

Pros

A shirt

Cons

A shirt

Worse place to work

Would never recommend this place for no one, weather you have a family or on your own jobs no good for anyone. Pig headed managers all out for themselves

Pros

Cons

Working there

Avoid.

Especially if you live in Scotland. The “RBM” is honestly the worst manager you will come across. Age old management practises that you wouldn’t find anywhere nowadays. Advertise constant shifts, however the company is very cliquey, and unless you are best pals with the managers you have no chance.

Pros

Travel time paid as driver

Cons

Everything else

Auditor

2 pence over NMW No extra for working nightshift hours . No allowance for working in fridge/ freezer conditions. Unless your the team captain , the mangers don’t really care about you . Numbers and targets is all they care about , when in actual fact most of them know nothing about the job itself . Half of them wouldn’t know how to split a pallet down and do the checks . PA checks every month are the worst . Still to this day the other depots we visit think it’s the most pointless thing ever . Best thing about being auditor in the depots is your on 38 hour contract .

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Pay

I love it

I love working for RAS. I am a full time student and didn't expect I would find a job that would fit in with my busy schedule but RAS provided me a job that I could work after college. I would recommend them to all my friends.

Never again!

Wouldn't recommend this job at all unless you want to work extremely long hours for little pay. Shifts are hard to get unless you are the drivers favourite. You can be in the van for hours and spend more time travelling than working which can be tiring before you even get there.

Pros

Teams and your workmates

Cons

Travelling long hours and working long hours

Not fun but a bit at times but stressful too

Too far too travel even travelling too places out or reason so this this company slash busy I’m sorry too say this is a waist of time and I wish I didn’t have too say it bluntly but it’s really hard at the end of the day

Pros

Meet u people and go places

Cons

Unsociable hours

One of the best offices I have worked in, everyone is friendly, welcoming and I was part of the best administrative team. My manager was one of the best managers anyone could ask for.

Wasted my time twice

First time went for interview,, got half way there received a message from the interviewer stating been a problem so had to re arrange, wasted bus fare,,, second time got there interviewer asked how far I travelled as there was a distance limit on this vacancy as they take you to various places,, unfortunately I travelled 10 miles so was told no job,,,, another wasted journey and time,, they need to state there is a distance limit on the advert for the positions,,shame really was looking forward to hopefully doing this job,,, my advice is don't waste time, money,,, and effort if you can.

Pros

Never found out

Cons

Wasted time

My experience

Yes alot of counting and accuracy is important Get to choose your own hrs Area and region and work at fast pace if possible and can make new friends

Pros

Work available 24/7

Cons

Wish wages was abit more

Terrible

Terrible management, monthly pay , and our region it was fronted by a miniature Hitler or Myra hyndlie , although zero hours contract you are expected as a driver to accept every shift

Great

Been with RAS 3 year great company very flexible and fair to work for managment team are great all very approachable and understanding to employees needs

Convenient and flexible

a typical day at work includes counting stock using a scanner. it also can be sometines tedious, however there are lots of different skills that are picked up doing this job.

If you don’t mind the work it’s easy money

The company is great to work for. If you need extra income this is a great job or for students. The pay is great and you get what you work for. There are no bonuses or anything but you always get what you’ve worked for as the job description says.

Work is offered last minute. You will not be able to plan ahead

If you like working away, this could be anywhere in GB, and furthermore in shared accommodation you may enjoy it. ÂŁ8.35 Is the starting rate day or night. TL roles paid at ÂŁ9.50/ÂŁ10.40. You will leave for a job for 3 days and then be asked to drive a100+ to the next Job and so on. You will need a pot of money up to ÂŁ1000 to fuel travelling costs which are paid back one month later.

Very bad company management bad keep away from this company

Bad company early hours too much travelling time which is not paid for poor managenent dont care just use and abuse people As long As management gets the Work done in supermarkets dont care about their staff

Don't waste your time.

A complete shambles. Equivalent to a zero hours contract. Required to fill out an online availability spreadsheet, then RAS reply with options. Apart from there are never a y available shifts.

Pros

Non

Cons

No available work.

Gets you started in employment

Never in the same place each night ie change of scenery. Long hours & unsocialable times hard to get transport to some places some places give you free drinks etc

Mixed

With RAS you will be going to many different locations, where you go changes alot, For example Tesco is a longer shift and you will find people slacking, whereas Iceland is a short shift your mainly going to be a independent team so usually everyone is hard working. Its a easy job mentally, counting isn't hard, its physically hard, its alot of climbing, leaning over things and Walk in freezers are the worst. This is a good job if you are able to get to the locations, work late and are able to do alot of physical activity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Retail & Asset Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5