Retain Healthcare

Retain Healthcare Employee Reviews

Smooth transition from first city nursing to retain healthcare. I am sceptical at first but as it was taken over I felt better. The staff team are great, the office staff are lovely. Managers are approachable but sometimes very busy. I love my job, no day is the same. I wake up and look forward to my day, knowing I am going to help someone less fortunate than myself. Retain is a great company, I do their home care and agency and find pleasure in both. The staff all seem friendly and I am always made to feel welcome at the homes I attend. The director has looked after us during the Covid period and made sure we are safe and we never ran out of PPE. He even gave us all a certificate to show his gratitude 🙏 towards his teams. Really looking forward to the future with retain and hoping 2021 will be amazing for everyone but mostly the people I care for. I would totally recommend Retain Healthcare Cheltenham! Choose your shifts when you work, unless your like me a workaholic :) you won’t regret joining.
Pros
Support, flexibility
Cons
Work life balance, Covid
I applied for a post and didn’t realise the amount of personal expenses would be incurred You do 4 days online training no payI had to do 50 mile round trips to a cars home for so called shadow shiftsI quit and still had no pay for shifts car use or training Totally disorganizedDo you know about retain I would refrain from working for this outfitA tip only take a job within walking distance AVOID AVOID
Pros
Going home
Cons
This is such a lovely and caring company to work for, it's refreshing to work in a business that apricates and thanks its whole staff team and in away that shows they really are thankful for the work we do. Best care provider I have ever worked for
Pros
recognition
I have worker within care for a number of years. Unfortunately my experience with Retain wasn’t pleasurable or enjoyable. The managers are unapproachable, and unprofessional. I am saddened to say that it seems like profits are put before care. I felt like a number to call upon to help with the shortness of staff.
Cons
Felt guilty when I didn’t pick up short notice shifts
I have learnt alot and we have trainings which helps with our skills and career and also they look out for our interest and protection during the time of covid19
these guys are amazing there,s no con,s about them they took a chance with me and it payed off handsomely for them as it turns out i really work my bum off.
Friendly, professional, efficient, they listen to what you want & need. Approachable & very different from other agencies that I've worked for. Pay is a little lower than other agencies but other things compensate for this. Lovely people.
I have recently joined Retain Healthcare and its fantastic. I have had a full induction, met some wonderful like minded people who i now consider friends not just colleagues. Once my DBS came back i was given a uniform, ID badge and out to work that afternoon then paid the following week! If you havent tried Retain - give it a go
Pros
Great training - family ethos