RFT Services

RFT Services Employee Reviews

Ever Changing Environment

A new company created and going through a steep learning curve. Inconsistent management lead to constant changes and the process not being followed through to ascertain success.

Pros

Good friendly environment

Cons

Lack of leadership continuity

Soon as i left.... i noticed grass was greener on the other side

First 2 & a half years couldn't fault the company.... loved the work and enjoy working and doing the job right first time . ..... then things turned for the worst

Pros

Van and power tools

Cons

Soon as you do something wrong they will out you ASAP even if its not your fault... its like mangers, hr, transport are against you

Excellent conpany

I have Been at the company 6months and the company has a great work ethic on the grounds maintenance side all the equipment is brand new sthil and the ride ins are brand new John Deere’s the vans are all brand new and you get more Ppe than you will ever need this is the best company I have ever worked for you want for nothing the team leader is fantastic and management have turned this company into something special if you get a chance jump on board

Pros

Van tools all brand new

Cons

Void work places very pleasant

Enjoy void works rather than response. Excellent manager and contact on a daily basis. Work is varied and keeps me focused on all the work required to be done.

Pros

Arrange your own work schedules

Cons

Van is very poor. Bad impression on company

Poor management

At the start it was great especially as the cleaning side of rft was introduced. We all worked hard to make it a success. I was valued by my manager and was asked to use my experience to help train others and cover different areas to support my colleagues. We were like a family. Then a new manager started who slowly upset that balance with his deceitful ways. Horrible person to staff but butter wouldn't melt to other managers

Nice job with high standards expected.

The people are quite good to work with, and the salary is decent for the nature of the job. Everything is done 'by the book', and you will be expected to produce a high standard of work. Be professional, and you will probably get on well.

Employed

Think it's a great company to work for Iv had great mangerment surport And i like the team workmanship They always ready to help you on to a new path if you want to move on

Not productive

Poorly run company Maintenance lacking Two faced Poor pay Emails emails they love em! Having worked for RFT FOR 6 months, the company are so disorganised. Health & safety issues and faulty equipment. Team work non existent and poor pay.

Pros

Cons

Management two faced and the equipment/tools defective

cold horrible place to work

In my work expereinece with rft I had to sort out all the rubbish that came from the warehouse and from the vans into the correct skips. I did this for hours everyday and got to sweep the floor outside when i wasn't busy.

Pros

mcdonalds next to it

Cons

most things

Want you to work every minute they pay you for

Love emails can get sacked if your face does not fit you will be on edge the whole time. You get a van more like a lorry to try and park at home . Equipment not good badly maintained and not looked after if the is a problem with equipment it's always the person using it ,if it has been like it since you started. Working hear made me feel very uneasy so had to leave.

Pros

Van

Cons

Long hours having to watch your back.

Office led company trying to run a building firm

When i started the company seemed well orangised but how things changed quick lost my driving licence photo copies twice only had 5 payments and they only got one right lost my p60 office staff not trained in the building industry have no idea how this works they are only intrested in figures to get goverment payments

Pros

Van

Excellent personal development.

I’ve worked for the group for nearly 6 years and recently transferred over to RFT of which is a company under the Flagship umbrella. RFT have so far really supported me, trained me further and pay me well. In return I will give them back the dedication and high level of workmanship they deserve. I’m given an array of vehicles to undertake my tasks at the companies expense. The tools are supplied and of high quality. There’s literally tons of PPE provided too. My colleagues are friendly and my immediate management is efficient and supportive. I look forward to work each day and thoroughly enjoy my job. There’s certainly some creases in the company’s operational structure but to be honest, it’s mere specks of dust on a well polished surface. No matter what job you do, providing you give excellent customer focus and care about your standard of work, then the company will look after you and support you all the way.

Pros

Stacks of training and freedom

Cons

Lots of travelling but it’s necessary

Poor senior management, corporate culture

Poor senior managers who have little knowledge of the maintenance trades. High turn over of staff who don't fit in with their corporate culture. Lots of travelling across region, though promises of being single area based.

Pros

Some personal development given

Great company.

I currently work at RFT grounds maintenance and have done done for approx 2 years on the flagship contract and before that with another contractor for 6 years on the same contract which was a complete shambles.Since RFT took over work has been absolutely brilliant! Good management, decent salary and I want for nothing, anything I need for my job is provided even when things break or need replacing it is done quickly and efficiently with a minimum of fuss.All you need to provide is a good work ethic and the right attitude and this is the job for you!

Pros

Good management vehicle provided.Great colleagues.

Cons

all weather working.

Not a good place to work

I work for ground team for rft over a year. I been working for flagship as contracter over 10 year but got make to transfer to rft .. rft don't care but there worker. Management very poor. If the management don't like you they will make stuff up to get rip of you.. break health and safety when they like.

Pros

Van

Cons

Most of it

Ex employee

Think twice about working here they come across all friendly at the start and then stabbing you in the back especially if you say the truth and they wouldn’t think any different about getting rid of you there way

Pros

Van

Cons

Grasses

very poor

Bad organisation by management trades persons always get the blame no respect for there employees complicated way to work your spoken to rudely by management

Pros

Money not to bad

Cons

Very poor organisation

Poor

I still work at rft... the Management is very poor and they wouldnt think twice of get rid of you. They change health and safety rules when they like

Pros

The van

Cons

Most of the job

Management Structure Needs Review

This company has a lot of continuous work but suffers from poor management style , they would benefit from a more caring approach towards their staff. Retention of staff is a big issue.

Pros

Lots of work

Cons

Not cared about by management

consistent

It is a good place to work however the work is a bit repetitive and the workload is changed at last minute which can get frustrating. On the plus side you have your own vehicle and tools and freedom to work on your own.

Excellent Pay. Relaxed and Friendly atmosphere.

Good company to work for in general. Pay for skilled trades is high for hours you have to work with opportunity to progress within the company. Management does change regularly and decisions made by management are not always thought out so hard to keep up with changes. Easy work though and no stress.

Pros

High wages, no stress, good people.

Cons

Change is constant, not organised.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RFT Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement

Compare RFT Services with

• RFT Services
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?