Rhubarb

Rhubarb Employee Reviews

United Kingdom18 reviews

Insights into Rhubarb

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction

Unforgettable job

Have unforgettable memories and great experiences from new opening mamma mia the party, our team was one big family. We were all cooperating helping each other and had so much fun.

Worst job I have ever had

The unprofessionalism at this company is awful. The employers do not care for the wellbeing of the employees and this is evident from the experience that I had at the company. The staff were cliquey and after joining, I learned that upon the pandemic, rather than furloughing the staff, they instead terminated them all. The first induction detailed all of the benefits of the company in a way that sounded brilliant however I found that the hours were long and that people were not paid for overtime hours. I was made to feel guilty/lazy for not being able to finish at 1am despite night tubes not running and being a woman. This was just after the tragic death of Sabina Nessa. All staff were new due to the old ones being fired, this made service difficult as we were all at a loss of what to do. The staff were rude and thought they were better than everyone else and the communication is appalling. Despite being regarded as a tycoon in the industry, this was not at all shown in the attitudes towards the staff. I would highly recommend running as far as you possibly can from this company if you are looking for basic respect and a happy work place. Also not to mention that half of the dishes that are advertised as greek were actually middle eastern and the food itself was not up to the standards I was expecting from the price that customers pay.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

Long hours, no job security, no respect from higher ups, rubbish service

One of the worst company to work with

Terminated most of the staff even when the company had a chance to put the employee on furlough scheme which was introduced by the uk govt. Employee where left with no option for survival. Have seen people were crying and begging with the company not to terminate rather put them on furlough scheme. Many other companies put their employees on furlough scheme. Lot of discriminations one have to face if you're from Asian countries. There's lot to say about this company but its endless. If anyone has other options don't go for Rhubarb because you'll be paid goood but there's no job security. If again uk goes on lockdown you will be Terminated without any mercy.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Favouritism, biased

Excellent place to work.

An absolute delight of a place to work, treated respectfully and seen as an equal. Would still be working there if I could and didn’t have to move for family reasons.

Pros

Flexible, laid back, fair treatment

Ett helt ok jobb.

Att jobba hos Rhubarb var ok ett jobb som var i mitten.

Great company

Great company to work for. They provide a comfortable environment to work in and do look out for you. Will always try to adapt conditions to help you if they can.

Good on-site team, unrealistic head-office

Too many minor changes in everyday tasks had been applied by head-office, but the overall work experience with the team is positive. If you are cool with a pain-in-the-*** head-management, go for it, if you're more of a stubborn person, it might not be for you.

Pros

free staff food

Cons

the company does not seem to be able to decide what they expect

Mangement has no clue and experience

Most people go there because it’s the royal Albert Hall . Than they meet the people that work there and that’s when they realise the mistake. Doesent matter how good you are and how hard you work some Cocky manager or head chef or any one in that position will try to find something wrong to say something . They luck in common sense , friendliness ,avoid if you have other options

Fun Workplace

The cultural diversity within the workspace had made the job more exciting as everyone implemented their mentality to the way they produced their work. We managed to share ideas when facing situations giving each other more knowledge which can be used when working in different workspaces.

Pros

Good community

Cons

Long hours, short breaks.

avoid

avoid like the plague. People are just numbers, no leadership whatsoever. Head management has no ideea about the business and act like they are some sort of gods.

Pros

nothing

High Standard Brasserie

Giving the customers the best experience possible in a very busy and nice place, both to work, or to enjoy as a customer. It has one of the best views you can find in London and not only.

Pros

Multiple Bonuses and Extras

Cons

Friendly and professional

Apply at your peril!!

What a mess of a company as the management team is utterly useless and sadly lets down the team, who are left without a strong management at the helm!

Depressingly corporate

Though highly creative, professionalism sometimes let down the working experience. It was usually fun to work there but the hours were unnecessarily long

Heathrow t5

If u have good experience better avoid this place, very poor head management and because of that restaurant managers doesn’t care about employees! Good thing payrate for chefs, but u will work soooo hard for that money

Pros

Pay rate

Cons

Poor management

Good time with the company

Enjoyed my time when working with the company. The staff are really very helpful and easy to fit in when working with them

Amazing world to work in

Working with Rhubarb is full of amazing opportunities. it is an exciting yet an extremely demanding job, as an event manager i am required to go away from 2 days to 2 weeks whilst sometimes setting my alarm for 3am. a typical day consists of a morning briefing then going to your particular area to set up and begin training with staff.

Pros

lots of incentives, great networking, meeting a multitude of well known faces. great pay

Cons

fun place to work after University

nice welfare for all staff, you get to work at weddings, improve your customer service skills and get the chance to work as much as you like on weekends.

Pros

free food

Cons

your weekend is very busy

productive/friendly

if i had learnt something from working at this job it would be that everything you do in your life is challenging.because there wasnt one time that i didnt struggle at this job but i wouldnt have changed it for the world,the best experience of my life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rhubarb. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement
  • Rhubarb
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?