Rhubarb

United Kingdom18 reviews

Clear
3.3Pay & benefits

Fun Workplace

The cultural diversity within the workspace had made the job more exciting as everyone implemented their mentality to the way they produced their work. We managed to share ideas when facing situations giving each other more knowledge which can be used when working in different workspaces.

Pros

Good community

Cons

Long hours, short breaks.

Worst job I have ever had

The unprofessionalism at this company is awful. The employers do not care for the wellbeing of the employees and this is evident from the experience that I had at the company. The staff were cliquey and after joining, I learned that upon the pandemic, rather than furloughing the staff, they instead terminated them all. The first induction detailed all of the benefits of the company in a way that sounded brilliant however I found that the hours were long and that people were not paid for overtime hours. I was made to feel guilty/lazy for not being able to finish at 1am despite night tubes not running and being a woman. This was just after the tragic death of Sabina Nessa. All staff were new due to the old ones being fired, this made service difficult as we were all at a loss of what to do. The staff were rude and thought they were better than everyone else and the communication is appalling. Despite being regarded as a tycoon in the industry, this was not at all shown in the attitudes towards the staff. I would highly recommend running as far as you possibly can from this company if you are looking for basic respect and a happy work place. Also not to mention that half of the dishes that are advertised as greek were actually middle eastern and the food itself was not up to the standards I was expecting from the price that customers pay.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

Long hours, no job security, no respect from higher ups, rubbish service

Heathrow t5

If u have good experience better avoid this place, very poor head management and because of that restaurant managers doesn’t care about employees! Good thing payrate for chefs, but u will work soooo hard for that money

Pros

Pay rate

Cons

Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rhubarb. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8