Ribble Valley Borough Council

United Kingdom6 reviews

4.0Pay & benefits

Insights into Ribble Valley Borough Council

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Very good to work there

Nice people nice place to work. Easy commute and parking. Good working practise and hr department. Good pension scheme and local government benefirs

Pros

Pension scheme

Cons

Low salary

Great incentive

Great to be on at Ribble Valley Borough Council. Casual loader so only needed when called upon.Good introduction via video presentation and forms filled in. On site tour. Great communication between employees and managers. All staff are friendly and helpful.

Pros

Local to me.

Cons

Casual employment.

Shocking!

Terrible place to work: overworked underpaid, never appreciated, bullied and intimidated.Encouraged to break health and safety regulations even during the covid pandemic; really shocking lack of regard for anyone's health and well being.It feels great to finally escape.If you enjoy emptying 200+ dog dirt bins twice a week in a Transit then you will love it here..splish splash!

Pros

Im out

Cons

Someone's in

Productive and Relaxed work environment

Throughout the week I was allowed to engage with certain projects and was an active member within the decision making process when providing my opinion about designs and how it would appeal to my age group.

A great place to work

Whilst working at the Ribble Valley Council the staff and work mates where very supportive and helpful in all aspects of the job. Working as a team player with task and finish the team work was a major part of the job. Being a bin man I had to walk around 10 miles per day so I had to be reasonably fit and capable of doing the job. This involved some heavy lifting and carrying.

Pros

Group task and finish

Physical Workplace

Very draining, supervisor and management not great, co workers not the best, hardest part was mopping the basement, most enjoyable part was speaking to public.

Pros

Free Milk

Cons

Staff was very rude

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ribble Valley Borough Council. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement