Ribbons & Reeves

Ribbons & Reeves Employee Reviews

United Kingdom12 reviews

Ribbon & Reeves was very helpful finding a role for me. As soon as they recruited me, they were able to find me a school. The communication is also effective.

Really helpful, fast, and attentive

My experience with Ribbons & Reeves was perfect. I was contacted by one of their recruiters and, within a few days, a few of them had got me an interview every day the following week. I received an offer less than a week after they contacted me and am looking forward to starting! Highly recommend this company for jobseekers looking for work in education. Everyone was helpful, checked up on me regularly, and answered all of my questions in a friendly and comprehensive way. Thank you all so much!

Insights into Ribbons & Reeves

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction

Amazing service

Helped suggest relevant job offers, continuous contact and support. Very helpful and lovely environment. Communication was effective both through thr phone and emails.

Minimum wage pay, poor communication

Got me a job very quickly (which wasn't hard as everybody is in need of staff right now) and seemed very professional in the beginning. As i started my job as a TA i realised after a while I was being paid below minimum wage, when min wage increased (Apr 22) they increased my pay JUST (around £2 more per day) above min wage so my hourly rate went down. When asking for holiday pay, which in my contract it says I can, they constantly gaslighted me saying it was in my hourly pay (it wasn't). They finally then turned around said it would be paid at the end of my contract. I asked for it when I took my holiday and they did not reply to emails and ignored me. I won't be surprised if they don't pay me the holiday pay at the end of my contract. Absolutely do not work for this agency if you want to be paid a fair wage or good communication, especially in London and when the price of living is ever increasing.

Pros

Got me a job quickly

Cons

Don't reply to emails, low pay and don't give holiday pay

Official response from Ribbons & Reeves

9 June 2022
We’re sorry to hear that you feel communication hasn’t been up to standard and this is something we will investigate.Adjustments have been made for assignments going forward, so that annual leave entitlement is easier to identify. It is there, it always has been, but we’ve realised it need to be more ‘visible’.We hope that at the end of your assignment, when your annual leave is paid, you will find the time to come back onto the site and update your review. If you would like to get in touch for more information or to speak about any concerns please contact office@ribbons-reeves.co.uk

Fantastic company and helpful team!

I contacted Ribbons and Reeves regarding a new job and they were incredibly supportive through the process of securing me a new post. Higlight recommend!

Supportive, Lovely and Helpful

I am very grateful for the help I have received from Ribbons & Reeves in securing my new teaching position. R&R listened to all the characteristics I was looking for and they only suggested schools that ticked all my boxes. I would 100% recommend contacting Ribbons & Reeves to secure a new teaching position! They were extremely supportive, lovely and helpful throughout the entire process. Thank you!

Friendly, helpful and fast

I am so grateful for everything that Ribbons&Reeves has done for me. Everyone was so helpful, I was really nervous at first as this is my first Teaching Assistant role, but the team helped me prepare and supported me throughout my interviews. The consultants went over every detail about the school and role and even helped narrow down the options. The following week, I had my first official Teaching Assistant role! Massive thank you to everyone at R&R, couldn't be any happier!

5 Star Service - Highly Recommend!

The brilliant team at Ribbons and Reeves helped me to secure my dream job for September. They took the time to listen to all my requirements and found me interviews at schools that ticked all the boxes. My consultant went above and beyond to prepare me for my interviews and within weeks I had accepted a job offer thanks to their hard work. Would highly recommend this company to help you find a job quickly and easily.

Secured my new teaching role.

A big thank you to Ribbons & Reeves who helped me secure a permanent role within two weeks. Really knowledgeable and helpful about schools that I wanted to apply for.I would highly recommend Ribbons & Reeves to any teacher who is looking to secure a new role.

Excellent Service

The Ribbons & Reeves team helped me in securing my job and were professional, friendly and supportive the whole way through. My dedicated consultant assisted me from start to finish ensuring that I was kept in the loop with each step making the whole process feel effortless. I can't recommend their services enough!

Pros

Quick, Reliable, Flexibility

Cons

N/a

Helped me to secure my first ECT role for September!

A big thank you to the team at Ribbons & Reeves who have helped me secure my permanent ECT role for September. They were really helpful in making sure that I was well prepared for my interviews and made the whole process stress free. I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a teaching role in London! Thank you Ribbons & Reeves

Excellent Service, finding me a perfect job

The team at Ribbons & Reeves were by far the best recruitment business I encountered. They were knowledgeable, listened to my requirements and only presented me with roles that matched. They also pay me on PAYE, when most other agencies that use Umbrella companies, meaning I take home more of my pay.I would use Ribbons & Reeves again and highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for jobs in London schools.

Pros

Excellent and quick service

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ribbons & Reeves. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement