Ricardo

Ricardo Employee Reviews

Ricardo have great engineers and technology advances but their management and some of the people are of the 'old guard' and have been there forever. Unfortunately you're either in the gang or you're not!They have a handful of great people wanting to make a difference but these changes do not come down from the top.So much could be done yet they cannot see it.
Pros
Onsite canteen, WFH when needed, easy to get too, free parking
Cons
Bit old fashioned in their management style
Money is good, Poor management they seem to not care about the staff that are important, no chance of progression even when you ask loads of times to learn new stuff, if your face fits then perfect but if it doesn’t then basically you are stuffed even if you are a loyal and hardworking employee, was there for a few years and never once was offered a permanent job where there was some people that didn’t work anywhere near hard enough got a permanent job easily.
Pros
Money
Cons
Management, progression, contract
No two days were the same so it made the job interesting.uniform included.Fairly flexible on the working day as long as you do the core hours .overtime when available
Pros
good team work
Cons
The Business is not what it used to be. Job security is basically non-existent. Management teams miserable and unhelpful. There is very little chance of progression.
Work somewhere else if you want to be stress free. The management haven't got the time of day for you, they take take take, but NEVER give back. They constantly are enforcing you to take leave, ie, 8wks in 8 months, and NEVER give you anything in return. HR are supposed to be impartial, but are always on the side of the company, and do not listen to your opinions whatsoever. They have no clue on how to treat loyal staff who just want to do their job.
Rail division at Ricardo is very poorly run with senior management unclear on future strategy. Very bad culture throughout the division. The social events were mainly leaving drinks.
Good Team building, interesting Projects. Have worked there several times on different types of Project with Different Customers always interesting..
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Amazing place to work, very friendly staff who explained everything perfectly
Hpc was a very good company to work for, happy people only problem more contracts were stopped due to the fear of brexit. Hence reduced man power. I learned allot from the company.
Pros
Free coffee and tea
Cons
Loads of over time
Entreprise avec une culture chaleureuse et de mise en avant d'autrui
good experience loved working there and would go back in a heart beat.. management were lovely and surportive when leaving. cool cars and fast engines
All the staff were very friendly and despite work load everyone would put the time out to educate and help you.Some of the best work experience I've done.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Can't list any
My time at Ricardo was brilliant, learning lots of new things about Design Engineering. I was given tasks like using software to develop different aspects of a car engine and also had a go at Benchmarking a Diesel Mini engine.
Ricardo and all of there employees looked after me very well and made me feel very welcome. It is a great place to advance and learn new things. they have great equipment and are always working on interesting and new things.
i have signed non-disclosure agreements due to my work carried out so cant comment I enjoy the work and the people and teams i work with, with everyday bringing a new challenge and experience
Pros
subsidised canteen
Cons
Good place to work at. Good range of projects and work/life balance. what I love the most is how experts are so happy to help and share their knowledge and experience.
We are on shifts so my schedule changes every week. Lots of effort is required. I'm skilled enough to train other people to operate a test cell. I trained my team leader. I still enjoy being a test cell operator weather working on my own or with someone else, and I enjoy working in a team. However the me and the people I trained will be on the same salary and I am the highest skilled employee in my department, and I've been loyal, (working for 5 years) and I'm not rewarded. A newly employed individual would be on the same salary as me.
Pros
Freindly people.
Cons
Minimum reward for effort and loyalty.
Working as part of the Victoria production team on engines for the McLaren road cars. Fitting the engines with various components, checking the quality, leakage testing and final product packing is all I have learnt in less then four months time been serving here. It is modern workplace with a friendly atmosphere. This job is a standing positon all the time on two shifts weekly rotation.