Richmond Motor Group

Richmond Motor Group Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom22 reviews

greatmanagementtrainingbusinessdaylongplaceculture

Great workplace culture

Employees are very friendly and helpful. The environment is relaxed. I feel like part of a family straight away. Targets are achievable and I am pleased to be in a job where I do not feel stressed and only treated as a number.

Pros

culture, atmosphere, staff, discounts, events

Cons

sick pay, occasional lack of communication within the showrooms

Great place to work, management & salary needs to improve.

A really great place to work, although the management needs to be improved. Also, staff recognition needs to be addressed as well. Pay was not very good either.

Insights into Richmond Motor Group

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Sales executive

Good pay but long hours and weekend work. Good chance to progress internally but management are only money driven and care little for staff work/life balance. Very much a "boys club" and hard for women to fit into the sales team.

Incredible Company

Best Place I have ever worked .Botley Team are incredible , if you're looking for your next career move I would apply straight away .The work life balance is great and the money is great .

Pros

Commission

Cons

Reasonable company to work for.

Worked for the company previously and came back after 6 years of different jobs.Welcomed straight back into the company and felt like ive never left.Feel like a well valued member of staff.

Awful company don’t waste your time

The OTE is unrealistic and you’d have to sell a tone of cars to reach it, also they have favourites who they give the majority of the leads to so it’s nearly impossible to do so.

Pros

Cons

Long hours with little recognition of hard work put in

It is a miserable place, None to Jolly!

a typical day meet and greet customers, managers who poorly manage confuse and make chaotic decisions upset staff many of whom know the script better than them, they just are terrible employers, seriously would not recommend them for any awards. Stay away!

Pros

free coffee

Cons

long Hours with incompetent chimps for Managers

Inspiring Company to Work For

Even during the most challenging of times Richmond's leadership has been inspiring. With exciting plans for continued development and growth, Richmond has a positive working culture, a great sense of community, and career development opportunities if you want them.Hard work and effort is not only recognised, but rewarded. I would encourage anyone who is looking for a long-term career in the Motor Industry, regardless of position, to apply and find out for yourself.

Family atmosphere and brilliantly challenging!

A typical day at work involves plenty of communication, varying tasks with a few laughs while the day flies by.A family culture, I must interact with at least 5 different departments and teams a day.The hardest part of the job is not being as involved with customer interactions anymore but working with all our sales teams instead helps.

Pros

Various career and promotion opportunities

Genuine Family Run Business

I feel this is a great place to work with support and training given to all if required, hard work is always recognised and opens doors to progression within the business.

Productive and fun place to work

Richmond is a fast place to work with a lot of personnel pride is supplying great customer service. Each day offers different challenges which will help increase your knowledge base and skill set. There is plenty of room for progression with training always on hand to help you succeed

Great Family Business

Modern family run business who support the development and growth of their team members throughout all aspect of the business, and also provide a great work life balance.

Pros

Great Support

great family run business

I started in 2020 & was made to feel very much part of the team from day one, the staff are both friendly & supportive. I feel the upper management care about their staff & do listen to feedback. I hope to have a long & happy career with Richmonds !

Pros

great staff, lots of training available if needed

friendly positive atmosphere.

Friendly team, Friendly atmosphere, help and support from colleagues and management. Happy place to come to everyday. Would recommend to anyone looking for a job or a car.

Pros

friendly clean enviroment.

Best place in 30 years I have worked

A great environment, friendly people, a family business feel that you don't get anymore.Good Training and support from colleagues & management.Great culture and reward for the efforts you make.I have seen a great amount of support given to help people do well.Bottom line you will only get out what you put in here, make the effort & you will get the rewards & recognition.

Pros

Great Facilities & Great People - Family feel

Cons

Standard Motor Trade hours

Fantastic place to work

An incredible place to work. Your not treated like just another numbered employee, the business takes keen interest in you as an individual and supports your path to succeed.

Pros

Environment

Great Place To Work

I've worked for Richmond for several years across different departments and have found it a rewarding experience. Everyone from across all departments are always happy to help which makes performing your duties that much easier.

Pros

Great work culture

Family run business with a family run atmosphere

Having been part of a business acquired by the Richmond Motor Group there was an air of caution when the changeover occurred. This was completely unfounded and since day one I have felt like one of the Richmond Family. With so many PLC business's in the industry it is so easy to become a number, at Richmond that is definitely not the case.From interview to induction and then onto training and coaching everything is taken into account.

Srressful

Stressful blame culture no training or support from management would never recommend anyone to work there No support .work load excessive and above management just criticism and no positive feedback .

Pros

Cons

Even less

Stressful, no training, blame culture

Unpleasant place to work. Very stressful, and a large workload, with absolutely no training given, yet expected to know how to do your job. Often reported to Management through blame culture, if you did things wrong, which is often when you are given no training.

Cons

Blame Culture

Fast paced with a great customer base

Collect Vehicles from customers and deliver them to the workshop for any maintenance and repair. I learnt while I was there that they are not easy vehicles to repair and get parts for so there were some delays at times in getting the vehicles back to customers. The management communicate with all the departments on a daily basis. Sometimes my colleagues and I were left without answers as to how long a vehicle would take to be completed so it could be returned back to the customer and was quite frustrating at times.

Cons

A lot of time waiting around for the vehicles to be finished

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Richmond Motor Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement