Richmond Pharmacology
Richmond Pharmacology Employee Review

Skills i achieved

3 November 2019
Throughout my time working at Richmond Pharmacology, i gained a lot of confidence with using microsoft, especially microsoft excel. I was also able to obtain great communication skills throughout my time at Richmond Pharmacology.
5.0Job security/advancement
23 July 2020
Associate Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee) - London
Good place to develop skills as it is very challenging and your colleagues and line managers will support you and teach you. The workplace culture is of a somewhat modern slavery scheme as you will be expected to go further and beyond, work long hours and do not receive overtime, be summoned back to work outside of your working hours to solve problems. All of this with almost zero recognition and appreciation. The upper management undermines you and makes you feel disposable and easily replaceable. Upper management forces line managers to overwork their teams and comply with unreasonable deadlines.
Pros
Good training program and good colleagues
Cons
Low salary, no overtime payment, long hours, unsociable hours, high pressure, bullying upper management
16 November 2019
Ex staff (Former Employee) - London
Although a lovely team to work with its a shame the directors and new HR are awful. They have no people skills and thrives in talking down to people thinking they're better tgan anyone else there not realising they too are only being paid a SALARY just like the rest. Don't compromise your health or bring stress into your life by working here.
9 August 2019
Same location
science guy (Former Employee) - London Bridge Station, Greater London
If you're a naturally calm person who is stress free, no anxiety or high blood pressure, this is not the place for you. I have experienced blistering shifts and scorching tears, the emotional turmoil drives you to insanity, I've been here less than 6 months. If you enjoy being spoke to like you're worthless, if you enjoy being used as an indispensable tool, if you've always dreamed to watch your line manager sit and watch you struggle to then ask you why you've not done the ten other things he's asked you to do (as they're sat there doing nothing don't forget), this is the place for you. The pay is good but not worth the responsibilities placed on you. What management do not realise, is that they are still employees, and servants of the company. However being in a management role at RPL, they believe it automatically escalates them on the human hierarchy and improves their social status - it does not. They're bullies and low lives, when pulled out of their job role they become cowardly and dithering messes. Imagine not being able to use your annual leave when you wanted to - yeah this company doesn't allow annual leave. If you want to have no life, to play with wee, collect wee, and bathe in it, work here, but first, get your occupational health checked.
Pros
nothing
Cons
breaks, management, hours, sleep time, annual leave
Official response from Richmond Pharmacology
20 August 2019
This was a disappointing review to read and I am sorry you feel that your experience at Richmond Pharmacology was a poor one. It is true that the working environment is busy and demanding, this is very much the nature of what we do and the changing landscape of our trials schedule can be challenging and fast paced. We know that scheduling can change last minute, some of this is within our control (and something we’re working on) but some changes are driven by the trials and not preventable. One thing we will ensure is that we make it clearer during the recruitment cycle just how demanding working in our lab can be. The reason we pay as well as we do, however, is because we know the work is demanding and exactly as you have stated: we want to give you more responsibility. Leave requests are considered against the needs of the business and the impact any absence would have on the remaining team, this is the same at any company. If a request for annual leave has been rejected, there will have been definite reason for this. If you’ve been with us less than 6 months, your first three months will have been probation, so holiday approvals are limited. You would have resigned shortly after, and holiday is limited whilst working your notice - this is not uncommon. However, holiday is taken within the business by employees at all levels. In fact one of our benefits is increasing annual leave allowance, starting at 25 days per annum increasing by one day per year of service to a maximum of 30, so I we do support annual leave.In relation to your final comment, you work in the lab - more...