Richmond Pharmacology

Richmond Pharmacology Employee Reviews for Clinical Assistant

I started off working at Richmond Pharmacology with a very positive attitude. However, a month into my role things started falling apart. Job Culture After you're trained in the 5 main CTA tasks you're left to figure out everything on your own. No specific 'clinical trial' related responsibilities. You'll be serving meals, making beds and taking out the trash. There are times when you'll have to stay back after working 10 hour shifts just to tidy up tue place. The team is amazing but they will eventually try and put you down so they can progress. Director's attitude toward CTAs is very disrespectful. CCTV camera's all over the place. Feels like you're in prison with the director's constantly monitoring you. The unit is spread across three floors plus a basement. CTAs are expected to run up and down constantly. There is an elevator but we are strictly prohibited from using it. Work-life balance The amount of trials undertaken exceeds the staffing. So you're ways asked/forced to work long shifts (12 hours or more) Shifts tend to change at the very last minute so you can't really make plans. It's difficult to take time off because we're always busy and understaffed. Management We are basically at the bottom of the stack. Management doesn't seem to be concerned about the quality of CTA life at RPL. You will be asked to perform tasks that aren't in your job description. (Going shopping with trial volunteers, helping unloading of heavy boxes etc) Half the equipment is outdated or malfunctioning. Staff kitchen is way too small and fits only 5 people. - more...
Pros
Good team, good pay
Cons
Everything else.
Richmond is a good place to learn and grow in the industry. Work culture is fun and friendly. Everyone is very supportive and understanding. Senior staff is very helping.
Can meet different people from different culture to understand them. I have learnt attention to detail as i was dealing with CRF's and and subjects.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Richmond Pharmacology?