Richmond Pharmacology

Richmond Pharmacology Employee Reviews for science guy

Found 1 review matching the search
If you're a naturally calm person who is stress free, no anxiety or high blood pressure, this is not the place for you. I have experienced blistering shifts and scorching tears, the emotional turmoil drives you to insanity, I've been here less than 6 months. If you enjoy being spoke to like you're worthless, if you enjoy being used as an indispensable tool, if you've always dreamed to watch your line manager sit and watch you struggle to then ask you why you've not done the ten other things he's asked you to do (as they're sat there doing nothing don't forget), this is the place for you. The pay is good but not worth the responsibilities placed on you. What management do not realise, is that they are still employees, and servants of the company. However being in a management role at RPL, they believe it automatically escalates them on the human hierarchy and improves their social status - it does not. They're bullies and low lives, when pulled out of their job role they become cowardly and dithering messes. Imagine not being able to use your annual leave when you wanted to - yeah this company doesn't allow annual leave. If you want to have no life, to play with wee, collect wee, and bathe in it, work here, but first, get your occupational health checked.
Pros
nothing
Cons
breaks, management, hours, sleep time, annual leave
Official response from Richmond Pharmacology
20 August 2019
This was a disappointing review to read and I am sorry you feel that your experience at Richmond Pharmacology was a poor one. It is true that the working environment is busy and demanding, this is very much the nature of what we do and the changing landscape of our trials schedule can be challenging and fast paced. We know that scheduling can change last minute, some of this is within our control (and something we’re working on) but some changes are driven by the trials and not preventable. One thing we will ensure is that we make it clearer during the recruitment cycle just how demanding working in our lab can be. The reason we pay as well as we do, however, is because we know the work is demanding and exactly as you have stated: we want to give you more responsibility. Leave requests are considered against the needs of the business and the impact any absence would have on the remaining team, this is the same at any company. If a request for annual leave has been rejected, there will have been definite reason for this. If you’ve been with us less than 6 months, your first three months will have been probation, so holiday approvals are limited. You would have resigned shortly after, and holiday is limited whilst working your notice - this is not uncommon. However, holiday is taken within the business by employees at all levels. In fact one of our benefits is increasing annual leave allowance, starting at 25 days per annum increasing by one day per year of service to a maximum of 30, so I we do support annual leave.In relation to your final comment, you work in the lab - more...