Richmond Pharmacology

Richmond Pharmacology Management reviews

Although a lovely team to work with its a shame the directors and new HR are awful. They have no people skills and thrives in talking down to people thinking they're better tgan anyone else there not realising they too are only being paid a SALARY just like the rest. Don't compromise your health or bring stress into your life by working here.
Good place to develop skills as it is very challenging and your colleagues and line managers will support you and teach you. The workplace culture is of a somewhat modern slavery scheme as you will be expected to go further and beyond, work long hours and do not receive overtime, be summoned back to work outside of your working hours to solve problems. All of this with almost zero recognition and appreciation. The upper management undermines you and makes you feel disposable and easily replaceable. Upper management forces line managers to overwork their teams and comply with unreasonable deadlines.
Pros
Good training program and good colleagues
Cons
Low salary, no overtime payment, long hours, unsociable hours, high pressure, bullying upper management
If you're a naturally calm person who is stress free, no anxiety or high blood pressure, this is not the place for you. I have experienced blistering shifts and scorching tears, the emotional turmoil drives you to insanity, I've been here less than 6 months. If you enjoy being spoke to like you're worthless, if you enjoy being used as an indispensable tool, if you've always dreamed to watch your line manager sit and watch you struggle to then ask you why you've not done the ten other things he's asked you to do (as they're sat there doing nothing don't forget), this is the place for you. The pay is good but not worth the responsibilities placed on you. What management do not realise, is that they are still employees, and servants of the company. However being in a management role at RPL, they believe it automatically escalates them on the human hierarchy and improves their social status - it does not. They're bullies and low lives, when pulled out of their job role they become cowardly and dithering messes. Imagine not being able to use your annual leave when you wanted to - yeah this company doesn't allow annual leave. If you want to have no life, to play with wee, collect wee, and bathe in it, work here, but first, get your occupational health checked.
Pros
nothing
Cons
breaks, management, hours, sleep time, annual leave
Official response from Richmond Pharmacology
20 August 2019
This was a disappointing review to read and I am sorry you feel that your experience at Richmond Pharmacology was a poor one. It is true that the working environment is busy and demanding, this is very much the nature of what we do and the changing landscape of our trials schedule can be challenging and fast paced. We know that scheduling can change last minute, some of this is within our control (and something we’re working on) but some changes are driven by the trials and not preventable. One thing we will ensure is that we make it clearer during the recruitment cycle just how demanding working in our lab can be. The reason we pay as well as we do, however, is because we know the work is demanding and exactly as you have stated: we want to give you more responsibility. Leave requests are considered against the needs of the business and the impact any absence would have on the remaining team, this is the same at any company. If a request for annual leave has been rejected, there will have been definite reason for this. If you’ve been with us less than 6 months, your first three months will have been probation, so holiday approvals are limited. You would have resigned shortly after, and holiday is limited whilst working your notice - this is not uncommon. However, holiday is taken within the business by employees at all levels. In fact one of our benefits is increasing annual leave allowance, starting at 25 days per annum increasing by one day per year of service to a maximum of 30, so I we do support annual leave.In relation to your final comment, you work in the lab - more...
I have resigned however looking for a new job. The ONLY pro about this job is the pay. NOTHING ELSE. If you take this job be prepared to not see your family, friends, personal life, you dont even have time to spend alone apart from travelling to work + back and sleeping. People are constantly leaving this company due to the respect they recieve, the shifts - i do 11 hour shifts this is not what i signed up for, they do not care about their employees and are extremely unorganized. You only get half an hour break and an hour if you work TEN HOURS OR MORE! Every single person on Earth gets hungry more than once in the time span of 10 hours. I gave the ONE STAR for the pay. But it comes to a point where even the pay isnt enough to keep one working there. 3/5 people leave without a new job because it is way too much to keep working there, I am one of them.
Pros
pay
Cons
long hours, travelling, breaks, staff, management, holiday allowances
Official response from Richmond Pharmacology
19 August 2019
I am sorry to hear that your experience at Richmond Pharmacology was not a positive one. The job is a demanding one and this is one of the reasons our salaries are so competitive. The requirements of the role should have been made clear to you during the interview process, but we will ensure that this is reinforced at future interviews following your feedback.Our employees are contracted to work a 40 hours per week. Due to the nature of the work, this can mean that, at times, things can change last minute, or shifts overrun because a task required for a study needs to be completed. This is especially true of the clinic and the lab and can require employees to work overtime. When this does happen, we endeavour to give the time back to the staff, but if this is not possible, we pay for the extra hours worked. This is stated during the interview process and we now ask questions related to this to ensure candidates are aware that this can happen and can deal with last minute changes.Thank you for your feedback
I started off working at Richmond Pharmacology with a very positive attitude. However, a month into my role things started falling apart. Job Culture After you're trained in the 5 main CTA tasks you're left to figure out everything on your own. No specific 'clinical trial' related responsibilities. You'll be serving meals, making beds and taking out the trash. There are times when you'll have to stay back after working 10 hour shifts just to tidy up tue place. The team is amazing but they will eventually try and put you down so they can progress. Director's attitude toward CTAs is very disrespectful. CCTV camera's all over the place. Feels like you're in prison with the director's constantly monitoring you. The unit is spread across three floors plus a basement. CTAs are expected to run up and down constantly. There is an elevator but we are strictly prohibited from using it. Work-life balance The amount of trials undertaken exceeds the staffing. So you're ways asked/forced to work long shifts (12 hours or more) Shifts tend to change at the very last minute so you can't really make plans. It's difficult to take time off because we're always busy and understaffed. Management We are basically at the bottom of the stack. Management doesn't seem to be concerned about the quality of CTA life at RPL. You will be asked to perform tasks that aren't in your job description. (Going shopping with trial volunteers, helping unloading of heavy boxes etc) Half the equipment is outdated or malfunctioning. Staff kitchen is way too small and fits only 5 people. - more...
Pros
Good team, good pay
Cons
Everything else.