Richmond Pharmacology

Richmond Pharmacology Pay & benefits reviews

Although a lovely team to work with its a shame the directors and new HR are awful. They have no people skills and thrives in talking down to people thinking they're better tgan anyone else there not realising they too are only being paid a SALARY just like the rest. Don't compromise your health or bring stress into your life by working here.
Good place to develop skills as it is very challenging and your colleagues and line managers will support you and teach you. The workplace culture is of a somewhat modern slavery scheme as you will be expected to go further and beyond, work long hours and do not receive overtime, be summoned back to work outside of your working hours to solve problems. All of this with almost zero recognition and appreciation. The upper management undermines you and makes you feel disposable and easily replaceable. Upper management forces line managers to overwork their teams and comply with unreasonable deadlines.
Pros
Good training program and good colleagues
Cons
Low salary, no overtime payment, long hours, unsociable hours, high pressure, bullying upper management
I have resigned however looking for a new job. The ONLY pro about this job is the pay. NOTHING ELSE. If you take this job be prepared to not see your family, friends, personal life, you dont even have time to spend alone apart from travelling to work + back and sleeping. People are constantly leaving this company due to the respect they recieve, the shifts - i do 11 hour shifts this is not what i signed up for, they do not care about their employees and are extremely unorganized. You only get half an hour break and an hour if you work TEN HOURS OR MORE! Every single person on Earth gets hungry more than once in the time span of 10 hours. I gave the ONE STAR for the pay. But it comes to a point where even the pay isnt enough to keep one working there. 3/5 people leave without a new job because it is way too much to keep working there, I am one of them.
Pros
pay
Cons
long hours, travelling, breaks, staff, management, holiday allowances
Official response from Richmond Pharmacology
19 August 2019
I am sorry to hear that your experience at Richmond Pharmacology was not a positive one. The job is a demanding one and this is one of the reasons our salaries are so competitive. The requirements of the role should have been made clear to you during the interview process, but we will ensure that this is reinforced at future interviews following your feedback.Our employees are contracted to work a 40 hours per week. Due to the nature of the work, this can mean that, at times, things can change last minute, or shifts overrun because a task required for a study needs to be completed. This is especially true of the clinic and the lab and can require employees to work overtime. When this does happen, we endeavour to give the time back to the staff, but if this is not possible, we pay for the extra hours worked. This is stated during the interview process and we now ask questions related to this to ensure candidates are aware that this can happen and can deal with last minute changes.Thank you for your feedback
very busy place of work got on well with my co workers harding part of the job is when people need extra food at short notice most enjoyable part of the job there are great people that work there .
Pros
long hours no benifits